Board index FlightGear Development Aircraft

IDG MD-11 Development

Questions and discussion about creating aircraft. Flight dynamics, 3d models, cockpits, systems, animation, textures.

Re: IDG MD-11 Development

Postby Octal450 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:35 pm

The IDG MD-11 has now totally rewritten IDGs. (lol)
I'm talking the Integrated Drive Generators - now we simulate the CSD and RPMs properly, including the GCR relay and PMG. When the SD is added you will notice the voltage and frequency of the generators will fluctuate sometimes with fast power changes as the CSD adjusts gear ratio to keep a good steady RPM. Like the real airplane, our CSD is based on a 8000RPM oil drive CSD.

Kind Regards,
Josh
Octal450

Lead Programmer, IDG (Join our Discord!)
Download High Quality Aircraft from Octal450 Hangar
Octal450

Postby asr » Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:01 pm

I just performed a test flight on your awesome MD11 (MD11F), it flies amazing! I am really inclined to invest some time in getting proficient with it, I really missed a realistic cargo jet.

There is one issue I had during my test flight though: How do I set the NAV course for a VOR/ILS?

I couldn't find a knob for it. Looking online I saw that in some other sim it uses the VOR<- and ->VOR buttons on the side of the RANGE+ RANGE- buttons for the display. But in this model what does buttons do is toggle the VOR/DME/ADF info on the lower corners of the display.

Is there a way to set CRS somewhere I missed? Or do I have to mess with the property tree for now?

Edit:
I found this
I am aware that you cannot control the NAV display at the moment. That functionality will be restored shortly.
asr

Postby Octal450 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:49 pm

Hi asr!
Thanks for compliments. Actually that is old. You can control the display now!
However the vor arrows do not adjust nav frequency. That is only done thru the MCDU which isn't yet working. You can use F12 dialog Radio Settings. Soon hope MCDU will function and RAD NAV will be one of the first pages to do.

I would recommend only use PMDG MD-11 tutorials on YouTube. Other MD-11s aren't realistic.

Kind Regards,
Josh
Octal450

Lead Programmer, IDG (Join our Discord!)
Download High Quality Aircraft from Octal450 Hangar
Octal450

Previous

Return to Aircraft