Board index FlightGear Development Aircraft

Multiple <maxrpm> for Constant speed prop JSBSim Cirrus SR20

Questions and discussion about creating aircraft. Flight dynamics, 3d models, cockpits, systems, animation, textures.

Multiple <maxrpm> for Constant speed prop JSBSim Cirrus SR20

Postby angryminister » Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:06 am

I'm working on implementing a constant speed propeller for the Cirrus-Sr20 in JSBSim. I've used <maxrpm> to keep the RPMs at 2700 like the POH requires for takeoff. However, I'm having trouble actualyl changing this maximum RPM to 2500, which is required for all cruise conditions. I've been unable to find relevent sources online. Does anyone have any idea how to implement a changing maxrpm?

Thanks
angryminister

Re: Multiple <maxrpm> for Constant speed prop JSBSim Cirrus

Postby erik » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:29 am

Looking at the code this option doesn't seem to be implemented.

Erik
erik

Postby AndersG » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:21 am

Why not make a FCS channel controlling the propeller pitch? If indeed the actual control system can distinguish between take-off and cruise - otherwise this is a limit that needs to be enforced by the pilot. In this latter case case it may be more appropriate to eventually add damage modelling that makes non-compliance with the limits painful...
Callsign: SE-AG
Aircraft (uhm...): Submarine Scout, Zeppelin NT, ZF Navy free balloon, Nordstern, Hindenburg, Short Empire flying-boat, ZNP-K, North Sea class, MTB T21 class, U.S.S. Monitor, MFI-9B, Type UB I submarine, Gokstad ship, Renault FT.
AndersG

Callsign: SE-AG

Postby Bomber » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:39 am

The p51 should have a constant speed prop... see what was done there
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchel
Bomber

Return to Aircraft