Board index FlightGear Development Aircraft

f16 HUD broken in current version?

Questions and discussion about creating aircraft. Flight dynamics, 3d models, cockpits, systems, animation, textures.

f16 HUD broken in current version?

Postby dlakelan » Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:31 am

The current F16 shows nothing but a black panel where the HUD should be. when I start flightgear (2016.4.4) I get the following errors:

can't find "Effects/hud.eff"
can't find base effect Effects/hud
can't find base effect Aircraft/f16/Models/Effects/adjustable-hud

and I can confirm there is no Effects/hud.eff file in the f16.

Is this just a problem due to my running 2016.4.4 that would be fixed by upgrading? I'm on Debian linux so there are no newer packages than what I have.
dlakelan

Re: f16 HUD broken in current version?

Postby Thorsten » Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:54 am

The F-16 requires an effect that has been added more recently to FGData, you need to update FG to the current version.
Thorsten

Re: f16 HUD broken in current version?

Postby wkitty42 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:59 pm

dlakelan wrote in Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:31 am:Is this just a problem due to my running 2016.4.4 that would be fixed by upgrading? I'm on Debian linux so there are no newer packages than what I have.

yes, you need to upgrade your filghtgear if you are going to use this newer version of this craft... there is a PPA that is pretty up-to-date... numerous folks use it on ubuntu which is debian based so i'm guessing that you can use it for debian... check here https://launchpad.net/~saiarcot895/+archive/ubuntu/flightgear or check with user saiarcot895 in these forums...

it should be pretty easy to build flightgear on debian, though... i build mine here on this ubuntu system using the download_and_compile.sh script... i run everything from my user directory... no other users on this system can access it...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Return to Aircraft