Board index FlightGear Development Aircraft

Transponder properties

Questions and discussion about creating aircraft. Flight dynamics, 3d models, cockpits, systems, animation, textures.

Re: Transponder properties

Postby WoodSTokk » Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:07 pm

it0uchpods wrote in Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:09 pm:Wait what?
for me, overwriting knob-mode is needed, am I understanding that it should be mode-switch instead? or is knob-mode correct?

I am asking since I am modelling the Airbus XPNDR and the the GTX-327 garmin.

Kind Regards,
Josh

Correct, '/instrumentation/transponder/inputs/knob-mode' change the behavior of the XPDR.
On the 777 the 3d knob change '/instrumentation/transponder/mode-switch' abd this have absolutaly no influence on the behavior of the XPDR.

BTW: thx 4 your awesome work on the A32x.
WoodSTokk

Callsign: OE-WST
IRC name: WoodSTokk
Version: 2018.2.2

Postby it0uchpods » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:57 pm

Oh ok, so I understood you backwards. :mrgreen:

Thanks for your clarification, and glad you enjoy the bus :D

Kind Regards,
Josh
it0uchpods/WTF411

FGFS Aircraft Developer
Lead Programmer at it0uchpods Design Group
Download High Quality Aircraft from it0uchpods Hangar
it0uchpods

Version: 2018.2.1

Postby BEL ISAAK » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:57 pm

Et voila, the 777 has a functioning transponder. It's just been committed to fgaddon, so should show up in the launcher within 24h. Thanks a lot all for helping me out!

I didn't tie the 3D-switch itself to the correct property because that broke the TCAS functionality, as the transponder and TCAS don't need the same values in that property. Instead used a small nasal script to set the right property to transponder/inputs/knob-mode. I 'm still learning a lot, so if anyone has a nicer way of implementing this, feel free to give some feedback! I also used some nasal to interpolate the indicated altitude to the transponder altitude, as the default instrumentation/altimeter/mode-s-altitude-ft is tied to the true altitude instead of the indicated altitude. This is in no way possible IRL, so I decided to recalculate the correct altitude myself. Feel free to comment on that too!

Kind regards,

Isaak
BEL ISAAK

Callsign: OO-ISA

Postby WoodSTokk » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:21 am

BEL ISAAK wrote in Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:57 pm:Et voila, the 777 has a functioning transponder. It's just been committed to fgaddon, so should show up in the launcher within 24h. Thanks a lot all for helping me out!

You're welcome!

BEL ISAAK wrote in Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:57 pm:I also used some nasal to interpolate the indicated altitude to the transponder altitude, as the default instrumentation/altimeter/mode-s-altitude-ft is tied to the true altitude instead of the indicated altitude. This is in no way possible IRL, so I decided to recalculate the correct altitude myself. Feel free to comment on that too!

Right, i have forwarded the issue to the mailing list. Looks weird if you stay on LOWI with a elevation of 1900 feet and the transponder send 1400 feet :shock:
WoodSTokk

Callsign: OE-WST
IRC name: WoodSTokk

Postby BEL ISAAK » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:52 pm

For future reference: I understood the concept of pressure altitude wrong. The implemented behaviour in FlightGear is correct: it transmits the altitude at 29.92 inHg.
BEL ISAAK

Callsign: OO-ISA

Previous

Return to Aircraft