Board index FlightGear Development Aircraft

Improving R44 Clipper/Raven II Helicopter Project

Questions and discussion about creating aircraft. Flight dynamics, 3d models, cockpits, systems, animation, textures.

Re: Improving R44 Clipper/Raven II Helicopter Project

Postby legoboyvdlp » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:40 pm

he visto todos tus videos,normalmente piloto el Alouette.
posiblemente sea problema de joistics, pero este R44 me cuesta muchisimo, una pregunta le vuelas con raton?,de todas las maneras en un video de los

I have seen all your videos, ? the pilot of the Alouette
Possibly it is a joystick problem, but the R44 is hard to fly, a question, do you fly with mouse? Anyway, in a video of the... ?

(Translation)
legoboyvdlp

Callsign: G-LEGO
Version: next

Postby miguel » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:13 pm

he visto todos tus videos,normalmente piloto el Alouette.
posiblemente sea problema de joistics, pero este R44 me cuesta muchisimo, una pregunta le vuelas con raton?,de todas las maneras en un video de los tuyos un pequeño tutorial

I have seen all your videos, ? the pilot of the Alouette
Possibly it is a joystick problem, but the R44 is hard to fly, a question, do you fly with mouse? Anyway, in a video of the... ?
miguel

Postby paju1986 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:17 am

Hello miguel.

Are you using the development version or the fgaddon one?. In the dev version I'm right now on the process of making a new FDM and it still needs adjustment. I don't know how easy to fly a real R44 is, because i have never flown one, what i am doing is putting real numbers to the FDM and then adjusting other parameters to match it to the real specifications. I have recived some feedback from some users and they think it flyes much more realistic now.

In the other hand I always fly with my HOTAS, flying a heli with the mouse is almost impossible hehe.

Regards!

En español:
Hola miguel.

¿Estás usando la versión de desarrollo o la que está en fgaddon? En la versión de desarrollo estoy ahora mismo haciendo un nuevo FDM y todavia necesita varios ajustes. No se muy bien como de fácil es de volar un R44 real porque nunca he volado uno, lo único que hago es poner valores reales en el FDM e intentar que se ajusten a las especificaciones reales. Algunos usuarios me han dado su feedback y piensan que ahora vuela mucho más realista.

Por cierto, yo siempre vuelo con mi HOTAS, encuentro tremendamente difícil volar usando un ratón jeje

Un saludo!!
paju1986

Postby miguel » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:07 pm

Yo tengo el mismo HOTAS entonces lo que tengo que hacer es practicar ,me temo que el Alouette es demasiado facil
gracias , miguel
NT: creo que el copiloto ayudante en linea no funciona
miguel

Postby RenanMsV » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:18 pm

Added new paintkit at the fgmembers git repo.
www.flightgearbrasil.com.br
www.fgbrazukas.wixsite.com/fgbrazukas
RenanMsV

Callsign: BR-RVD

Postby RenanMsV » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:42 am

Should not we change the MP name from clipper or raven to "R44 Clipper" or "R44 Raven II" ? Or maybe "Robinson 44 Raven II"
www.flightgearbrasil.com.br
www.fgbrazukas.wixsite.com/fgbrazukas
RenanMsV

Callsign: BR-RVD

Postby paju1986 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:34 pm

Sorry for my ausence all those days but i dont have time for anything flightgear related right now i hope i could continue making some improvements on my holidays on a month from now...
paju1986

Postby paju1986 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:43 pm

Can someone explain me what is happening here, Im trying to model the controls on the Tbar of the r44, i have the basic model done on blender, but when i open it up on flightgear some faces of the 3d model are missing... :S

Blender:

Flightgear:

Any help???
Thanks you!
paju1986

Postby StuartC » Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:09 pm

The "Normals" are probably correctly facing outwards on the model. As you are looking at the inner part of the tube, the normals only face outwards so you are basically looking through them from inside.
StuartC

Callsign: WF01
Version: 2019.1

Postby paju1986 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:42 pm

The "Normals" are probably correctly facing outwards on the model. As you are looking at the inner part of the tube, the normals only face outwards so you are basically looking through them from inside.

That's it!!! Thanks you a lot StuartC! . On edit mode i did Mesh -> Normals -> Recalculate outside and it got corrected!!

Im still such a noob with blender!! hehe

Regards!!
paju1986

Re: Improving R44 Clipper/Raven II HelicopterI Project

Postby Anna Tiffany » Fri May 07, 2021 7:15 am

I have a silly question to ask,is the fdm of this r44 realistic enough?Compared to other helis we have like ec-135,R44 seems too easy to fly especially during take off and landing which is supposed to be difficult for unskilled people like me,but this one is unexpectedly stable.I also took a ride on a real r44 and feel that while the fdm has a high accuracy when it comes to flying,the take off an landing is a little bit of too stable,I mean, Only real pilots can handle it like that,I’m supposed to be crash from time to time.Like on ec-135 I fly.
Anna Tiffany

Callsign: CAL1454
Version: 2020.3.13

Previous

Return to Aircraft