Board index FlightGear Development Aircraft

Learjet 35

Questions and discussion about creating aircraft. Flight dynamics, 3d models, cockpits, systems, animation, textures.

Learjet 35

Postby Khun_Doug » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:31 am

I found information about the Learjet 35 and how to add the airplane to FG. Apparently this was a work in progress a few years back but reads as though it is complete now. I unzip the download and place Learjet2 into the Aircraft directory, following the instructions on the webpage. But on my install of FG the Airplane folder contains only one item, a folder named org.flightgear.fgaddon. In that folder is another folder named Aircraft and two files. One file is .timestamp and the other is catalog.xml. I place the Learjet2 folder in the Aircraft folder that is here. But FG 2017 does not list or show the Learjet 35.

Is it possible the Learjet 35 files are not compatible with this build of FG? Or do I need to do some other procedure to add the airplane?

Thanks folks.

Khun Doug
Khun_Doug

Re: Learjet 35

Postby erik » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:01 am

At least there is this version which seems to have all the files:
http://wiki.flightgear.org/Learjet_35-A

Download:
http://www.aacity.net/2rowdy/FG/2012013 ... arjet2.zip

Erik
Current: Parachutist, Paraglider, Pterosaur, Pilatus PC-9M and variants, ERCO Ercoupe, Fokker Dr.1, Fokker 50, Fokker 100
Less active: Cessna T-37, T-38, Santa Claus. Previous: General Dynamics F-16. Worked on: Wright Flyer
erik

Postby wlbragg » Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:06 pm

I found information about the Learjet 35 and how to add the airplane to FG.

Could you point to this documentation so we can see it. The files your report suggest these are instructions on how to add this version of LearJet to the Aircraft Database that can be used to install aircraft from the "experimental" Aircraft Factory internal to the FG program. Please forgive me for not knowing the exact acronyms for this information.
Kansas and Ohio/Midwest scenery development.
KEQA, 3AU, KRCP Airport Layout
Intel i7/GeForce RTX 2070/Max-Q
wlbragg

Callsign: WC2020
Version: next

Postby kevinking » Mon Mar 28, 2022 5:17 am

The link to download the file is broken, would you please help. Thanks.
kevinking

Version: 2020.3.13

Postby wkitty42 » Mon Mar 28, 2022 12:40 pm

the link is not broken... it simply does not exist any more... apparently there is no "2rowdy" directory (or account?) on the aacity server any more... unless someone has the original archive available and they are willing to share it, then the craft may be gone...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby Husky Dynamics » Mon Mar 28, 2022 4:53 pm

I've understood the general attitude here towards the FGMEMBERS group to be rather negative (so apologies if posting this isn't allowed), but there is a version of the Learjet 35 available from their Non-GPL GitHub. I have no knowledge as to the completion or functionality of this aircraft though, as I haven't used it myself.

https://github.com/FGMEMBERS-NONGPL/Learjet2
Get my custom FG liveries here: https://flightgearhusky.altervista.org/

I'm off at college so I've stopped making liveries (for the time being, at least), but I'm continuing to ensure compatibility for the ones I've already published.
Husky Dynamics

Version: LTS

Postby kevinking » Mon Mar 28, 2022 5:18 pm

Thanks @Husky Dynamics, I will check the functionality later
kevinking

Version: 2020.3.13

Return to Aircraft