Board index FlightGear Development Aircraft

P-47D

Questions and discussion about creating aircraft. Flight dynamics, 3d models, cockpits, systems, animation, textures.

P-47D

Postby swampthing » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:15 am

I got permission from Syd Adams to work on the P-47D. It has been converted to JSBsim FDM, I've added some effect and gauges also but some borrowed until I finish making new ones to replace them. It is still heavily under development by a noob (me). I was hesitant to make a video and post it but did anyway. 3D modeling is not something I will have a chance to learn unless there is a medical breakthrough. I was wondering if there was anyone out there that had any interest in helping finish this old bird out. Sorry for the grainy video my PC is slow so you can't event see the tracers in the video.

www.opredflag.com
I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. -Thomas Jefferson-
swampthing

Callsign: swamp
Version: 2018.2

Re: P-47D

Postby Johan G » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:01 pm

While I probably can not help all that much, here is a little gem post from years past for inspiration. :wink:
Johan G wrote in Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:22 pm:So two trucks, each with a large wooden shipping crate just came and you remembered you ordered something... :wink:
[...]

Took a lot of time to find, but I really wanted to share these again.
Low-level flying — It's all fun and games till someone looses an engine. (Paraphrased from a YouTube video)
Improving the Dassault Mirage F1 (Wiki, Forum, GitLab. Work in slow progress)
Some YouTube videos
Johan G

Callsign: SE-JG
IRC name: Johan_G
Version: 2020.3.4

Postby swampthing » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:58 pm

Johan G, that was awesome. That made my day! I was a mechanic until I got too ill to keep working and I can appreciate how things were made to work on back in the old days, unlike a lot of these little turd cars I had to work on. Bloody knuckles every day, my big hands had a hard time squeezing in there. Thankfully my last job was working more on Dodge Cummins, Ford Powerstrokes and Chevy Duramax trucks than little cars, but they did come my way from time to time, I got stuck with a lot of motor swaps in those little buggers, probably because I didn't complain like the others about having to do it but I also quickly got a raise. Food for thought youngsters. :) I would have loved to do a P-47 field build. You have to love the narrators of those videos. "Easy does it. Thats crate ways 3 tons". Thanks for sharing.
www.opredflag.com
I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. -Thomas Jefferson-
swampthing

Postby Johan G » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:59 pm

swampthing wrote in Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:58 pm:Johan G, that was awesome. That made my day! [...] Thanks for sharing.

You are very welcome, and I am happy you liked it. :D Finding all of those back then (IIRC in one evening) felt like getting a jackpot. :mrgreen:
swampthing wrote in Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:58 pm:[...] probably because I didn't complain like the others about having to do it but I also quickly got a raise. [...]

Attitude is everything. :)
Low-level flying — It's all fun and games till someone looses an engine. (Paraphrased from a YouTube video)
Improving the Dassault Mirage F1 (Wiki, Forum, GitLab. Work in slow progress)
Some YouTube videos
Johan G

Callsign: SE-JG
IRC name: Johan_G
Version: 2020.3.4

removed

Postby swampthing » Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:39 pm

removed
www.opredflag.com
swampthing

Return to Aircraft