Board index FlightGear Development Aircraft

IDG A32X Development

Questions and discussion about creating aircraft. Flight dynamics, 3d models, cockpits, systems, animation, textures.

Re: IDG A32X Development

Postby legoboyvdlp » Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:58 pm

Those graphics bugs should be unrelated to the IDG looking at the 777 topic. Turning the DDS texture cache off should fix it. Please report if it does, I will pass on the information to the mailing list.
legoboyvdlp

Callsign: YV-LEGO
Version: 2018.3.1

Postby PK-DNZ_107 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:49 am

legoboyvdlp wrote in Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:26 pm:
PK-DNZ_107 wrote in Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:03 am:Anyway, do you know how to fix the graphic bug as seen in the tail and wing section here?

FlightGear version, revision of IDG-A32X, and is model shader on or off? Is the DDS cache on or off?

Hi, the problem is finally solved! So I checked the custom shader box and here's what happened:

- voila! the model slider (same case with the Boeing 777 'Seattle' aircraft) need to be drag all to the left.

So I guess I'm gonna keep this setting for a while now. The bus looks great now! :)
Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it!

Kind regards,

Juliandi

ps: I'm using FlightGear v2018.3.2 and the latest revision of IDG-A32X :)
PK-DNZ_107

Postby PK-DNZ_107 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:53 am

Octal450 wrote in Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:45 pm:@merspieler
I will check a/b at my convenience.

@PK-DNZ
Thanks for your compliments. I am recovering and the sound improvements should be out soon. We are also getting a new 3D soon so hope it will fix everything.

Kind Regards,
Josh

Hi Josh,

This is just an input from me. So I noticed in the latest update that a warning sound was on top of each other when you turned off the AP. I don't think this is normal, as you could clearly hear at the beginning of my video here.

The sound of 'APU/ENG Fire Test' warning was overlapping with the sound of 'AP1/2 off'.

Also, another thing that I noticed is the sound during the take-off phase. When the engines are spooling up and planes were running down the runway, the rattling/vibration sound was a bit annoying. I noticed it in the A320-232 (IAE V2527-A5), whereas in the A320-271N (PurePower) and A320-251N (LEAP) the sound was much better and realistic.

I'll try and post the video about that weird sound in IAE version. Thanks!

Regards,

Juliandi
PK-DNZ_107

Postby Octal450 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:25 am

Hi Juliandi - I really appreciate the feedback but please do not bother to make further video - we know exactly what you mean because the current version on git has actually broken sounds - I was in the middle of reworking them when I had to go to emergency room so please have your paitience until I am fully recovered that I can finish the corrections and push to git.

As for the A/P disconnect, I will forward this to lego as he handled the logic between the warnings. However you are turning off A/P the "HARD" way. Use SHIFT D, and for A/THR CTRL D. These are the soft disconnects on sidestick and throttles, and these are the way you should do. Once to disc, second time to cancel warning.

Kind Regards,
Octal450

Lead Programmer, IDG (Join our Discord!)
Download High Quality Aircraft from Octal450 Hangar
Octal450

Postby PK-DNZ_107 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:51 am

Hi Josh,

I just knew that we could actually do that within FG (soft AP / ATHR disconnect). Thanks for the valuable info :D

Alright then, looking forward for future updates :)

Regards,

Juliandi
PK-DNZ_107

Previous

Return to Aircraft