Board index FlightGear Development Aircraft

IDG A32X Development

Questions and discussion about creating aircraft. Flight dynamics, 3d models, cockpits, systems, animation, textures.

Re: IDG A32X Development

Postby legoboyvdlp » Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:36 pm

PS: I personally don't like the new sounds. To me the plane sounds annoyingly like a kettle. If you idle the engines (even during flight), they sound a bit, like they were switched off and ran out.

Hi,
Thank you for the feedback ;)
In fact the reason they sound like is because indeed they were! Due to FSX naming conventions I used n1 instead of n2 by accident, so the sounds were very off as you got closer to idle - what is now idle will become the startup sounds once Octal is finished.

Please give the sounds another try once the fix is up - it should t be too much longer and DEFINITELY worth the wait for the fix! I can't believe I didn't notice before how wrong the sounds were at low n1s :)

There is no ECAM warning that I know of but probably on the PFD there is.
legoboyvdlp

Callsign: YV-LEGO
Version: 2018.3.1

Postby OE-LML » Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:22 am

Hallo!

[...] it's unfair to say that the improvements [...] were for nothing.

Icarus, please show me where I exactly did that.

I just expressed my personal opinion.
And my personal opinion is, that at the moment espacially when N1 is ~50-80% the plane sounds like grandma has fired up the stove and makes tea or coffee.
I truly hope that I don't lacerate the developers' feelings while exercising freedom of speech. :roll:

@legoboyvdlp:
No, sorry, I didn't mean ECAM warning. I thought in a previous revision the QNH reading in PFD was flashing. But most probably I'm mixing things up with FG Boeing 777.

About GA:
Thx, merspieler, for that statement.

In the meanwhile would it make sense to use current approach speed + 10 (analogous to V_2 + 10) instead of just approach speed (which seems to be activiated automatically when TOGA thrust is set)?

Another thing I spotted is, that the climb doesn't stop at the selected altitude (like it would after normal take off and departure).
You have to pull FLCH that you don't exceed GA altitude. - Is that a right behaviour?

CU and thx in advance.
OE-LML

Postby cvgComair » Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:52 pm

Awesome work on the sounds, I love it!

I'm having a few issues with the sounds playing, I'd be happy to provide more detail if you need.

On the IAE version (A320-232), the engine sounds work fine, but all the other sounds like apu, gear, switch clicks, ECAM, v1/landing callouts, etc. stop working after a period of time. I've tested this on three flights, once they stopped during cruise, once during descent, and another after landing, so it doesn't seem isolated to a particular phase of flight. I've been unable to find a trigger for this yet, but I will keep looking.

For the CFM versions (A320-111/214), I only ever get the engine sounds and none of the other ones ever play. One time I was able to get them working by switching between external and cockpit views, however I have not been able to replicate this again.

Keep up the great work!
cvgComair

Callsign: DAL1718
Version: 2019.1.1

Postby legoboyvdlp » Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:59 pm

That's very odd, could you show a screenshot of the sound dialog in both variants please.

Please be sure you updated the IDG as well. I fixed various bugs already.
legoboyvdlp

Postby Octal450 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:08 pm

Stop compliments please! There is many wrong things in the XML that controls volume/pitch because FSX is weird. (Not Legos fault - it's poorly documented so I have to use trial and error while comparing to the same sounds in P3D)

I am going thru it all and fixing it, then you will be able to hear the new sounds properly!

Again thank SkyHigh Audio Simulations for allowing us to relicense and release in our aircraft!

Kind Regards,
Josh
Octal450

Lead Programmer, IDG (Join our Discord!)
Download High Quality Aircraft from Octal450 Hangar
Octal450

Postby Octal450 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:57 am

-------------------------------------------
SOUND WORK IS DELAYED

I spent the day in the Emergency Room after severe pain that would not stop - I am still struggling to recover but was discharged with them should be resolved. If it comes back, I have to go back. Please understand it.

So the sounds will have to wait. I am unable to concentrate at all.

Kind Regards,
Sad Josh
Octal450

Octal450

Postby Knüppelrührer » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:30 am

Get well soon, Josh!

You have done so many amazing things in flightgear already, so no problem to wait.

Best wishes for your health! Most important of all....
Knüppelrührer

Postby PK-DNZ_107 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:43 am

Octal450 wrote in Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:57 am:-------------------------------------------
SOUND WORK IS DELAYED

I spent the day in the Emergency Room after severe pain that would not stop - I am still struggling to recover but was discharged with them should be resolved. If it comes back, I have to go back. Please understand it.

So the sounds will have to wait. I am unable to concentrate at all.

Kind Regards,
Sad Josh

Get well soon, Josh! Just take your time, you've been doing a great job of developing this aircraft.

I'm quite new to this forum, but I've been following your work since my friends told me about this project. I used to fly in Microsoft FSX but for the last 8 months, I've been flying the IDG A32X and I must say I'm quite impressed by it. I've flown B737 using PMDG B737NG and in my opinion, the IDG is almost in par in terms of its flight dynamics. It definitely surpassed the default Airbus A321 in MFSX.

Anyway, I just noticed when I update to the latest version that the Engine Fire Test and APU test is finally working, and I also noticed some small details. The font has changed! It's now looked almost similar to the real Airbus.

So are you guys gonna change all of the fonts in ECAM display in the future update?

Also, I noticed the new sound when taxiing and takeoff, you could hear a vibration noise inside the cockpit and it gets louder when you take off as your speed is increasing. The flaps lever sound is also nice, alongside with the new sound of gear up/down. And in my personal opinion, I love the new gear-touchdown sound. To me, this is great and more believable than the earliest version.

Once again, great job for this project! Looking forward to more enhancement in the future.

Thanks!

Kind regards,

Juliandi
PK-DNZ_107

Postby legoboyvdlp » Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:58 am

We're not certain - we know the ECAM had that font but we're not sure if the other displays have that font. If anyone had any information would be appreciated.

Thank you :)
legoboyvdlp

Postby PK-DNZ_107 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:08 am

Hi legoboyvdlp,

So I found this at FSLabs forum and I think they're using the same font. What do you think?

...another sample from Flight Factor

...and this one from the actual bus

hopefully it helps :)
PK-DNZ_107

Postby legoboyvdlp » Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:38 am

Thanks - we'd prefer to use real aircraft as a source though. The last two will be helpful :)
legoboyvdlp

Postby PK-DNZ_107 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:03 am

Anyway, do you know how to fix the graphic bug as seen in the tail and wing section here?

PK-DNZ_107

Postby merspieler » Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:01 pm

I've just tryed current master with all the new addtions.

One thing that worked previously but isn't anymore is the AUTO BRK deselection on gear retraction.

Another thing I've noticed, on fire test the big fire button does not illuminate.
Love at first flight A<380
Checkout Autopush. An improvment to the pushback to make your life easier.
Attempting an osm2city worldbuild... Testers needed!
merspieler

Callsign: LH454, HG3840, LX64
IRC name: merspieler

Postby legoboyvdlp » Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:26 pm

PK-DNZ_107 wrote in Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:03 am:Anyway, do you know how to fix the graphic bug as seen in the tail and wing section here?

FlightGear version, revision of IDG-A32X, and is model shader on or off? Is the DDS cache on or off?

@merspieler thanks, it does light up but not very much. I agree it's too dark. Will check autobrake
legoboyvdlp

Postby Octal450 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:45 pm

@merspieler
I will check a/b at my convenience.

@PK-DNZ
Thanks for your compliments. I am recovering and the sound improvements should be out soon. We are also getting a new 3D soon so hope it will fix everything.

Kind Regards,
Josh
Octal450

Octal450

PreviousNext

Return to Aircraft