Board index FlightGear Development Aircraft

IDG A32X Development Archive - Closed

Questions and discussion about creating aircraft. Flight dynamics, 3d models, cockpits, systems, animation, textures.

Re: IDG A32X Development

Postby legoboyvdlp » Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:58 pm

Those graphics bugs should be unrelated to the IDG looking at the 777 topic. Turning the DDS texture cache off should fix it. Please report if it does, I will pass on the information to the mailing list.
legoboyvdlp

Callsign: G-LEGO
Version: next

Postby PK-DNZ_107 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:49 am

legoboyvdlp wrote in Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:26 pm:
PK-DNZ_107 wrote in Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:03 pm:Anyway, do you know how to fix the graphic bug as seen in the tail and wing section here?

FlightGear version, revision of IDG-A32X, and is model shader on or off? Is the DDS cache on or off?

Hi, the problem is finally solved! So I checked the custom shader box and here's what happened:

- voila! the model slider (same case with the Boeing 777 'Seattle' aircraft) need to be drag all to the left.

So I guess I'm gonna keep this setting for a while now. The bus looks great now! :)
Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it!

Kind regards,

Juliandi

ps: I'm using FlightGear v2018.3.2 and the latest revision of IDG-A32X :)
PK-DNZ_107

Postby PK-DNZ_107 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:53 am

Octal450 wrote in Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:45 pm:@merspieler
I will check a/b at my convenience.

@PK-DNZ
Thanks for your compliments. I am recovering and the sound improvements should be out soon. We are also getting a new 3D soon so hope it will fix everything.

Kind Regards,
Josh

Hi Josh,

This is just an input from me. So I noticed in the latest update that a warning sound was on top of each other when you turned off the AP. I don't think this is normal, as you could clearly hear at the beginning of my video here.

The sound of 'APU/ENG Fire Test' warning was overlapping with the sound of 'AP1/2 off'.

Also, another thing that I noticed is the sound during the take-off phase. When the engines are spooling up and planes were running down the runway, the rattling/vibration sound was a bit annoying. I noticed it in the A320-232 (IAE V2527-A5), whereas in the A320-271N (PurePower) and A320-251N (LEAP) the sound was much better and realistic.

I'll try and post the video about that weird sound in IAE version. Thanks!

Regards,

Juliandi
PK-DNZ_107

Postby Octal450 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:25 am

Hi Juliandi - I really appreciate the feedback but please do not bother to make further video - we know exactly what you mean because the current version on git has actually broken sounds - I was in the middle of reworking them when I had to go to emergency room so please have your paitience until I am fully recovered that I can finish the corrections and push to git.

As for the A/P disconnect, I will forward this to lego as he handled the logic between the warnings. However you are turning off A/P the "HARD" way. Use SHIFT D, and for A/THR CTRL D. These are the soft disconnects on sidestick and throttles, and these are the way you should do. Once to disc, second time to cancel warning.

Kind Regards,
Skillset: JSBsim Flight Dynamics, Systems, Canvas, Autoflight/Control, Instrumentation, Animations
Aircraft: A320-family, MD-11, MD-80, Contribs in a few others

Octal450's GitHub|Launcher Catalog
|Airbus Dev Discord|Octal450 Hangar Dev Discord
Octal450

Callsign: WTF411

Postby PK-DNZ_107 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:51 am

Hi Josh,

I just knew that we could actually do that within FG (soft AP / ATHR disconnect). Thanks for the valuable info :D

Alright then, looking forward for future updates :)

Regards,

Juliandi
PK-DNZ_107

Postby AB745 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:07 am

Hello I am flying this model daily.

I would like to ask what was new in the last 2 updates?

I am flying the Air Berlin with the IAE engines.

Will the APU rear model always look closed like it does or will it have an APU shape in the future?

It is not important for me, but I was just wondering.

I would like to have information on what exactly can be programmed in the MCDU?

So far I can enter enough information for FLEX thrust, but not much else.

I do not like to use the in-game maps and autopilot or "route-planner" and so I would welcome the possibility to programs legs.

Exterior Graphics are not important for me, but I would welcome as much systems available as reasonable.

And I would welcome realistic random failures.

I noticed that the brake pressure gauge is not working, is this correct?

Will there be an option to refill the OIL LEVEL on the engines? I have flow almost a full day without stopping, taking off several times, and I noticed the level dropped substantially on #1.

As to the fuel pumps. What exactly is the functionality of the buttons? When I used a full center tank load, it was necessary, I noticed, to have them all working to allow the center tank to be depleted first.

I would also appreciate a VIEW that would be entirely just the MCDU so I do not have to manually re-set it to the proper view point every time. Maybe that could be a rather simple and easy addition for the next update?

If the development stops at this point I will be happy, regardless, but I would like to at least have some small documentation on what exactly can be done in the MCDU? I had to learn myself by trial-and-error how to insert info, like ZFW etc.

Much appreciate this model.

Last question: WHICH of all the A32X models, the several engine options, is the most realistic, better developed? Is the A33X more developed than the A32X?

Thank-you.
AB745

Postby Octal450 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:38 am

Hi:

Will the APU rear model always look closed like it does or will it have an APU shape in the future?

The aircraft exterior is being totally re-modelled by the wonderful CAPTB! So yes it will be corrected.

I would like to have information on what exactly can be programmed in the MCDU?

Invalidly formatted entries are not accepted - so there are many things that work.
Perhaps see FS-LABS A32X for P3D startup video too see the formattings and you can see what does and does not work, here is a short list of some that I can think of off my top of head:
- To/FROM
- CRZ alt
- Cost index
- Flight number
- ZFWCG/ZFW
- Block fuel
- V speeds
- Flex temp
- FLAPS/THS (flap/trim, like 1/UP1.1)
- Everything on NAV RAD page
- Probably some more that I forget
- IN FUTURE EVERYTHING WILL BE FUNCTIONAL - THIS IS MY PROMISE!

I do not like to use the in-game maps and autopilot or "route-planner" and so I would welcome the possibility to programs legs.

Yes, will be full 100% able, I promise. Just need time as we are rewrite first the plane into "IntegratedSystems" for much more realism. Also my health delays :(

And I would welcome realistic random failures.

Near V1.0 sure - but not until full failure management and procedures are able - not all the procedures function but most are!

I noticed that the brake pressure gauge is not working, is this correct?

On hydraulics rewrite into Integrates Systems he will working 100%.

Will there be an option to refill the OIL LEVEL on the engines? I have flow almost a full day without stopping, taking off several times, and I noticed the level dropped substantially on #1.

Yes - but it actually does nothing at the moment so don't worry.

As to the fuel pumps. What exactly is the functionality of the buttons? When I used a full center tank load, it was necessary, I noticed, to have them all working to allow the center tank to be depleted first.

Correct. Fuel schedule is first the center tank, then wing tanks. This cannot be overridden. The buttons enable the electric pumps. The engines will suction feed though if the switch is off - considering the Gforce is not too much below 1G!

I would also appreciate a VIEW that would be entirely just the MCDU so I do not have to manually re-set it to the proper view point every time. Maybe that could be a rather simple and easy addition for the next update?

I guess it can be added - but I don't really see why? You can click to open the MCDU pop-up and also the "4" key will go to the upper pedestal view.

Last question: WHICH of all the A32X models, the several engine options, is the most realistic, better developed? Is the A33X more developed than the A32X?

A320-232 with IAE V2527A5 - this is what I have performance data from. hopefully can have other engine perf data later but not yet. A32X is more realistic as A33X right now.

I am very much so happy that you enjoy the model! And sorry for my bad writing - I am very tired and sick right now!

Kind Regards,
Josh
Skillset: JSBsim Flight Dynamics, Systems, Canvas, Autoflight/Control, Instrumentation, Animations

Octal450

Postby AB745 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:48 am

Thank-you very much Octal450, I appreciate your instant feedback.
AB745

Postby Octal450 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:49 am

Kind Regards,
josh

Octal450

Postby merspieler » Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:57 am

Is there any documentation on the IntegratedSystems? I can't find anything on the wiki...
Nia (you&, she/her)

Please use gender neutral terms when referring to a group of people!

Be the change you wish to see in the world, be an ally to all!

Join the official matrix space
merspieler

Pronouns: you&, she/her
Callsign: you&, she/her
IRC name: merspieler

Postby Octal450 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:37 am

No and there never will be. Its a programming standard lego and I have agreed too for the IDG series of aircraft to create extremely detailed systems that aren't frame heavy.

Kind Regards,
Josh

Octal450

Postby merspieler » Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:56 am

It would be still nice, to have some kind of documentation for
a) Contributors and
b) For other A/C devs to learn from.
Nia (you&, she/her)

merspieler

Postby V12 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:07 am

Nice Airbus MCDU emulator - http://mcdu.equicom.net/
Fly high, fly fast - fly Concorde !
V12

Callsign: BAWV12

Postby merspieler » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:33 am

for basics, maybe for advanced use not so much...
if you'd've got something like that for the A350 or A380 tho, it would be nice :D
Nia (you&, she/her)

merspieler

Postby V12 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:56 pm

Try FSLabs A320 ;)
Fly high, fly fast - fly Concorde !
V12

Callsign: BAWV12