Board index FlightGear Development Aircraft

The big glider project

Questions and discussion about creating aircraft. Flight dynamics, 3d models, cockpits, systems, animation, textures.

Re: The big glider project

Postby Thorsten » Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:27 pm

Basically a matrix like that - but always be aware that conventions and sign definitions might be different, so usually one has to try a few times...
Thorsten

Postby D-ECHO » Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:47 pm

Thank you.

Before I invest too much time that is lost in the end, is there any GLSL function that does rotation without needing to implement the matrix by hand?
D-ECHO

Postby Thorsten » Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:30 pm

Not that I would know - but implementing the matrix by hand is a five-liner, so really not much of an issue.
Thorsten

Postby D-ECHO » Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:17 am

Thank you so much!

After trying around a bit (okay, a lot, I'm not that familiar with matrices etc.), it works now!

I have pushed the updated shader+effect to my fork (https://sourceforge.net/u/deltaecho/fli ... next/tree/), to test it you can try the Ka6 from FGAddon, which uses it for aileron animation.
D-ECHO

Postby stuart » Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:02 pm

Hi D-ECHO,

I've received a request to merge this into next. Do you consider it ready?

-Stuart
G-MWLX
stuart

Callsign: G-MWLX

Postby D-ECHO » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:12 am

I have not encountered any issues ober the last few days so yes Id consider it ready :)
D-ECHO

Postby vnts » Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:27 am

D-ECHO wrote in Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:15 am:*I'll fix the Pterosaur.
*I have changed it to an int (wingflex_type/wingflex-type) now. Considering that most aircraft will use the non-organic wingflex function, I would have suggested to use that as the default 0, it means chaning one thing more about the Pterosaur (parachutist and paraglider), but I think it would mean less confusion later. I'm open to different opinions though.

Just in case it isn't known, the update of the Pterosaur on FGaddon seems incomplete :?: . I tried it recently as the new scenery reminded me of it, and I had to find an old version in an out-of-date repo from google. Missing(?) textures [1], [2], wing flapping & retracting animations. This was on a Windows nightly from a few days ago.

Maybe the Pterosaur and Dragon should be split up(?) as they are different, and it would make discovering in launcher easier (browsing and search results). They are striking examples of flight. Perhaps just making the Pterosaur the main model might improve visibility, but would hide the dragon. The W/F controls aren't mentioned in aircaft help and need the wiki to be read.

Kind regards
vnts

Postby D-ECHO » Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:13 am

Good day vnts,
thank you for reporting this issue.

Your screenshots seem like the pterosaur is not finding the effect file, thus the gray-ish look.

However, I can't seem to encounter this problem, are you sure that you are using both the newest version of the *Pterosaur* and the latest FGData?
If so, please post the log/console output.
Thanks again and regards
D-ECHO
D-ECHO

Postby vnts » Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:23 am

Edit: This might be the problem: download.flightgear.org/builds/nightly/ The windows nightly has not been updated since 2020-01-10 . No model-wingflex.eff in effects. Broken build?

The Pterosaur I tested with is the FGAddon version. It has no pending update in the launcher. The launcher doesn't allow flying a craft if there's an update pending - something the launcher probably should allow with a yes/no warning dialog. Tested again @ENBR: link.

I run multiple windows FG versions side by side, with fgdata path specified by "--fg-root" in launcher shortcut - I checked and the path is correct. The old version works. I'm running the FGAddon (development only?) branch hangar only it seems: [path]/aircraft-trunk/catalog.xml. Pterosaur is stored in "../org.flightgear.fgaddon.trun
k/Aircraft/..". The legacy hangar on [path]aircraft/catalog.xml says it's disabled due to a problem on the latest nightly. The (outdated)? fgfs.goneabitbursar.com hanger says it's disabled too. Don't know if that's normal, or something I messed up.

A 2018.4 version I have has both hangars working. The development hangar one has the same issue. After I installed it the legacy hangar works on both nightlies. The Pterosaur from google works on both.

These console output results seem promising: https://pastebin.com/bdbxXVRG

Confused about hangars :shock: Is there an unstable aircraft hangar (branch) for people to test aircraft, and a stable hangar (branch) for users on release or RC builds? Is the stable aircraft enabled only for release builds while nightlies see only unstable aircraft? Or only aircraft branch for nightlies and release builds, and a legacy branch for older FG versions.

Kind regards
vnts

Previous

Return to Aircraft