Board index FlightGear Development Aircraft

Announcing New UAV MQ-9 Predator B

Questions and discussion about creating aircraft. Flight dynamics, 3d models, cockpits, systems, animation, textures.

Re: Announcing New UAV MQ-9 Predator B

Postby J Maverick 16 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:38 pm

I've lost a touch with this project, have there been any activities on it or plans to keep it updated?
I may try to do some more tweaks in the future on some parts to make it more effective in the OPRF fleet.
Regards, Maverick
Breakin' the sound barrier every day!

Scenery designer, basic livery maker, aircraft developer (KC-137R, F-16, A330, C-32J, MH-60)
Flying with Thrustmaster FCS Flight Pack + MFD Cougar
Aviation media on IG at: @j_maverick16.aviation
J Maverick 16

Callsign: J-Mav16
Version: 2020.3.19

Postby wlbragg » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:54 pm

I don't know of anything going on with it, but I'm really interested in upgrading it and adding some of the remote command infrastructure and systems. It's on my TODO list.
Kansas and Ohio/Midwest scenery development.
KEQA, 3AU, KRCP Airport Layout
Intel i7/GeForce RTX 2070/Max-Q
wlbragg

Callsign: WC2020
Version: next

Postby pjedvaj » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:32 am

Not from my side. I've uploaded it with erik's FDM tweak to SVN so you're welcome to commit your changes.
Retired
pjedvaj

Postby pjedvaj » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:38 am

Could you please also name erik and falafel as coauthors in the set.xml
Retired
pjedvaj

Postby J Maverick 16 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:47 am

I've just pushed an update to my fork which includes N-SCOT's livery pack and updates to the OPRF damage code, making a pull request now.
Regards, Maverick

Scenery designer, basic livery maker, aircraft developer (KC-137R, F-16, A330, C-32J, MH-60)
J Maverick 16

Postby wlbragg » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:07 pm

I've just pushed an update to my fork which includes N-SCOT's livery pack and updates to the OPRF damage code

Where?

making a pull request now.

Where?
:)
wlbragg

Postby PINTO » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:57 pm

Actively developing the MiG-21bis (github repo) (forum thread) (dev discord) (fg wiki)

http://opredflag.com is an active flightgear dogfighting community (using a system that isn’t bombable)
PINTO

Callsign: pinto
Version: stable

Postby J Maverick 16 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:23 pm

Oops forgot to mention the link, sorry.
Regards, Maverick

J Maverick 16

Postby wlbragg » Wed May 24, 2017 3:42 am

I've done a little bit of work on the Predator.

I added the ITAF (general aviation autopilot by it0uchpods) to it so we could have a little bit of remote control. it0uchpods suggested, and I agree with him, that we should try hooking up the IT-FBW version instead. It would give us greater control and some kind of holding pattern. While it may not be identical to the what is used in real life, it would be a good start. He's going to try to take a look at it when he gets a chance because it isn't as straight forward to hook up to a specific aircraft.

I also changed the weapons release code to allow for a "rearm" GUI feature. Right now it is allowed to rearm on demand, but if you all would rather only allow for a rearm when on the ground, that limit can be added.

I am not sure the best way to distribute these additions as we already have a few repos,
https://github.com/JMaverick16/MQ-9
https://github.com/meirm/MQ-9
and fgaddon. Who is the fgaddon administrator?

Should I make my own clone of meirm and us it to do a PR to meirm, or push changes to fgaddon or is anyone even interested in these additions?
If no one speak up I will probably make my own clone and work out of it for any future changes.
wlbragg

Postby Octal450 » Wed May 24, 2017 4:03 am

Hi
Most drones have a control system, that holds Pitch/Roll until the controller inputs to his stick. I understand this is military drone? That is why I suggested the IT-FBW system, but a very basic version, as that does just this.

The autopilot (ITGA) would go over IT-FBW, as IT-FBW is set to hand over the controls of the FDM to a supported autopilot when /it-autoflight/output/ap1 or /it-autoflight/output/ap2 is set to 1. The holding pattern would interface with the Slave Nav to GPS mode coming to ITGA soon. This all GA and FBW stuff could be hidden under a nice dialog, (control station ;)) If you want, I could make a prototype rough implementation when I've got some time.

Not sure about the repos, there is also an FGMEMBERS one, which has another import of something, not sure what is going on there.https://github.com/FGMEMBERS/MQ-9

Hope that clears it up,

Kind Regards,
Josh
Skillset: JSBsim Flight Dynamics, Systems, Canvas, Autoflight/Control, Instrumentation, Animations
Aircraft: A320-family, MD-11, MD-80, Contribs in a few others

Octal450's GitHub|Launcher Catalog
|Airbus Dev Discord|Octal450 Hangar Dev Discord
Octal450

Callsign: WTF411

Postby J Maverick 16 » Wed May 24, 2017 5:24 pm

wlbragg wrote in Wed May 24, 2017 3:42 am:I am not sure the best way to distribute these additions as we already have a few repos,
https://github.com/JMaverick16/MQ-9
https://github.com/meirm/MQ-9
and fgaddon. Who is the fgaddon administrator?

Should I make my own clone of meirm and us it to do a PR to meirm, or push changes to fgaddon or is anyone even interested in these additions?
If no one speak up I will probably make my own clone and work out of it for any future changes.

Mine and the origin one (meirm's) are at the same point, since he merged my latest update.
The best idea would be to work on that repo since it's the original so meirm should give you a push access to the repo.
@it0uchpods I've checked FGMEMBERS' and I have to say it's not updated and it's commits ahead are already included in the main repo so no need to care with it ;) .
OR
I give push access to wlbragg to my repo and we keep working on mine which can then be merged in meirm's one.

Personally I prefer the first option which works better for all (me included), especially if I could have push access to it too so we avoid multiple useless forks which just complicates everything.
My point of view ;) .
Cheers, Maverick

J Maverick 16

Postby Octal450 » Wed May 24, 2017 5:43 pm

+1
Skillset: JSBsim Flight Dynamics, Systems, Canvas, Autoflight/Control, Instrumentation, Animations
Aircraft: A320-family, MD-11, MD-80, Contribs in a few others

Octal450's GitHub|Launcher Catalog
|Airbus Dev Discord|Octal450 Hangar Dev Discord
Octal450

Callsign: WTF411

Postby wlbragg » Sat May 27, 2017 7:25 pm

Is there any known reason why a ballistic submodel using "impact" (as in a missile) and set to repeat would work on the first use flawlessly, but on subsequent uses it only works intermittently?

What I am pretty sure of...
It's not because of the delay time set in the submodel config.
It's not in the nasal logic that is triggering the release, that same method is used in the select animation to visualize the object (or hide it after firing) and in the sound event. They both performs flawlessly every release.

It is really strange, sometimes it appears to be one of the failures but then after maybe 1/2 to 1 second the visual of the missile appears and it was a valid release. When the visual does not appear, no impact ever gets reported. Yet like I said, all other aspects of the programming for a release are executed, select animation and sound, which both use the same trigger property.

It acts like it is a bug in the ballistic submodel code. Has anyone else seen this?

EDIT:
One other thing that adds to my suspicion about it being a ballistics bug, is after the first use, after rearm, if I cycle through the stores and fire them some might work and some won't. Next rearm same thing except different ones do and don't work. I almost thought I might be seeing a pattern of every other time, but I think not.
wlbragg

Postby wlbragg » Sat May 27, 2017 8:10 pm

Interesting, I keep massaging the code tightening it up and now I do have a patten showing up. If I use the unlimited feature which is the same code only it doesn't reset a couple control properties to allow for repeated releases without having to do anything except press the release key, I have now established a "every other time" cycle. But only with the ballistic animation and impact event, not the sound or the select animation of the stores on the wings, all using the same triggers.

I'm using .5 for the timer to reset the trigger and 1 for the "repeat "value in the submodel config. I have verified that waiting it out to make sure the repeat value has been met changes nothing.

Here is the control logic, did I miss something here? I don't see how I did as the sound and select animation doesn't exhibit the same issue.

Code: Select all
   var station = 0;
   var unlimited = 0;
   var release = maketimer(0.5, func {
      setprop("/fdm/jsbsim/systems/armament/station"~station~"/released", 0);
      if (!unlimited) {
         setprop("/fdm/jsbsim/systems/armament/station"~station~"/fired", 1);
         setprop("/fdm/jsbsim/systems/armament/station/selected", 0);
      }
   });

setlistener("/fdm/jsbsim/systems/armament/release", func {
      setprop("/fdm/jsbsim/systems/armament/release", 0);
      station = getprop("/fdm/jsbsim/systems/armament/station/selected");
      unlimited = getprop("/fdm/jsbsim/systems/armament/unlimited");
      if (!getprop("/fdm/jsbsim/systems/armament/station"~station~"/fired")) {
         setprop("/fdm/jsbsim/systems/armament/station"~station~"/released", 1);
         release.singleShot = 1;
         release.start();
      }
   });

It isn't as cut and dried as "every other time". The bomb seems to behave slightly different than the missiles. The missile is really consistent, every other time. The bombs does this also when it decides to work at all. Sometimes it decides not to work at all until I release a separate store and then it starts to work again, every other time.
wlbragg

Postby wlbragg » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:39 pm

Arg, just came back to this to reuse some code and I lost all the re-arm work, Don't know how I managed that. This is the last time I work without a git or svn repo. :evil:
wlbragg

PreviousNext

Return to Aircraft