Board index FlightGear Development Aircraft

Erickson S-64 Aircrane anyone?

Questions and discussion about creating aircraft. Flight dynamics, 3d models, cockpits, systems, animation, textures.

Re: Erickson S-64 Aircrane anyone?

Postby S&J » Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:08 pm

Also why have you not told anyone that you're an expert of flight modeling.

There's a big discussion on helicopter physics going on right now, we could do with your expert knowledge.
Last edited by S&J on Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Stay away from negative people.They have a problem for every solution." - Albert Einstein
S&J

Postby portreekid » Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:17 pm

Did JBSim trigger it again?
portreekid

Callsign: PORTREE
Version: 2020.2.1

Postby wlbragg » Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:33 pm

I was afraid something like this would happen with that post, but I wanted anyone following my development to know they could continue to get updates from the development repository, that's all. Helijah and I understand each others issue completely and there is no animosity, we simply see a few things differently that cannot be reconciled. The way I look at it is we would not have the AIrCrane where it is now in any state of development if Helijah hadn't introduced it in the first place. So thanks to him for that. We each have our own styles and so long as the original creator of an aircraft in fgaddon is alive and kicking, especially one who has given so much to the project, well, I'm not ok with stepping on their toes even if I have some slight disagreements. Development will go on and it will be made available.
JSBSim is not the issue here that is something I want to do in the future and I knew from the start it would be a separate stand alone version if it ever comes to fruition.

So please lets just move on and bury this. I have no interest in hashing any thing out here. I just want to continue to improve a version of this helicopter.
Kansas and Ohio/Midwest scenery development.
KEQA, 3AU, KRCP Airport Layout
Intel i7/GeForce RTX 2070/Max-Q
wlbragg

Callsign: WC2020
Version: next

Postby helijah » Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:02 pm

Absolutely and definitely in agreement with wlbragg :) Any other intervention not concerning AirCrane has no place here :)
Some planes (and other) for FlightGear
http://helijah.free.fr
and
http://embaranger.free.fr
helijah

Callsign: helijah
IRC name: helijah
Version: GIT

Postby 5H1N0B1 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:22 pm

I'm so relieved that nobody talked about anything else but the Aircrane. That would have trigged me and I, for sure, would have use the word of Pierre Cambronne. I'm going to try this new Aircrane ASAP. Thank to all of you for your work.
5H1N0B1
"Each day, with every person you meet, there is something to learn"
5H1N0B1

Callsign: 5H1N0B1
IRC name: _5H1N0B1

Postby helijah » Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:24 am

Hi 5H1N0B1

you will see that Wilbrag did a wonderful job on the dashboard and the various systems.
Little info, to use the cable you have to add the addon "CargoToWingAddon"

Regards Emmanuel
and
helijah

Postby Octal450 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:51 am

S&J wrote:Also why have you not told anyone that you're an expert of flight modeling.

I suggest not opening that can of worms again - believe me you can find all the answers required in previous threads! There is no sense in repeated arguing of the same point if it falls on deaf ears (no matter how correct you might be).

I appreciate the amusement of the last page however.

Kind Regards,
Josh

EDIT: Helijah, instead of sending me a SUPER LONG anti-jsbsim email on my so called rant, better that you reply here.
Skillset: JSBsim Flight Dynamics, Systems, Canvas, Autoflight/Control, Instrumentation, Animations
Aircraft: A320-family, MD-11, MD-80, Contribs in a few others

Octal450's GitHub|Launcher Catalog
|Airbus Dev Discord|Octal450 Hangar Dev Discord
Octal450

Callsign: WTF411

Postby Avionyx » Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:31 am

As a low level contributor it's quite frustrating to see some of the communities most talented and productive members baiting each other. Especially when historically this type has thing has just led to some of those involved taking extended breaks from the hobby - much to the detriment of the community at a whole.

I hate to be the one to say let's all try to be friends but how about at least live and let live? Everyone produces their own work in their own way and many are thankful for it. To continually tell others that their way / methods / desires for project development are wrong just because they are at odds to their own really doesn't work in an Open Source project. Especially one where there is more than one way of achieving something.
Last edited by Avionyx on Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Avionyx

Callsign: G-AVYX
Version: 2020.4

Postby S&J » Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:36 am

Avionyx wrote in Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:31 am:I hate to be the one to say let's all try to be friends but how about at least live and let live?

I agree, it'd be nice if after all this time people could accept how individuals want to work and adapt to it.

It's ok to have rules and it's "my way or the highway" but that very intractable attitude is what's causing this continued situation.

I can't see CC licence content going away, so wouldn't it be better to find a common ground, allowing a user to fly a GPL 3d model and if a CC livery he likes exists be able to find it and download via the GUI, separate downloads but working together for the users.

I look at the photoscenery development and all the arguments back and forth, but is it really so wrong to have two very separate types of development ?
You don't have to agree with their development, but do people really need to be so vicious in their negative posts, can't they just walk away from it and not post.

"if you do this, I will not implement it, or it will never get into flightgear" is this a comment we want to be hearing? This sort of sentiment in a development forum should be moderated right out and thus encourage people to explore the possiblities.
"Stay away from negative people.They have a problem for every solution." - Albert Einstein
S&J

Postby Octal450 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:25 pm

To continually tell others that their way / methods / desires for project development are wrong just because they are at odds to their own really doesn't work in an Open Source project.

Tell that to helijah. But don't worry, no matter how many times he tells me my models suck, there will be no negativity from my end. He is a great 3D modeler. I never said otherwise. I never had a problem with him until he decided to rudely tarnish my friends and myself because we dared "destroy" one of his models by converting it to JSBsim.

Point discontinued from my side.

Kind Regards,
Josh
Last edited by Octal450 on Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Skillset: JSBsim Flight Dynamics, Systems, Canvas, Autoflight/Control, Instrumentation, Animations

Octal450

Postby helijah » Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:37 pm

EDIT: Helijah, instead of sending me a SUPER LONG anti-jsbsim email on my so called rant, better that you reply here.[/quote]

Your criticisms and lies have no place here. And if you had read me you would know we are here to talk about AirCrane and the great work of wlbragg.
Contrary to what you can tell here or elsewhere I never refuse a JSBSim model as long as it does not detract from the original model (see the Diamond Da 40 for example). The fact of having two AirCrane in the entrances of FG doesn't bother me at all. Quite the contrary. This will allow people to get an idea for themselves. Of course for the Mirage you never respected that and my work is totally destroyed. but of course, you will say the opposite.
Well, try to replace the FDM JSBSim by the YASim and you will see that nothing works. So who is disrespectful?
Now back to AirCrane because that is the real topic. For the rest, private messages are much more respectful for wlbragg.
and
helijah

Postby Octal450 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:49 pm

Well, try to replace the FDM JSBSim by the YASim and you will see that nothing works

Of course it doesn't! When you change FDM, loads of things must be tweaked, and many things were moved from nasal into more efficient JSBsim system file. You ant have realism and have hot swappable FDMs unless you put in extra work to make such. Which they didn't as they didn't want dualfdm.

I won't respond to your insults because they are irrelevant. But I ask that you stop tarnishing the great work of Richard and Shinobi and others.

Kind Regards,
Josh

Octal450

Postby portreekid » Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:30 pm

So back to S-64
I'm still confused.
  • Are there two S-64 now?
  • What are the differences?
  • What's the plans?
  • Is it just the Compositor changes and the searchlight? I take the "stock" one won't get it.
  • So if on Next it has to be wlbraggs?

If there are two then maybe make a separate thread.
portreekid

Callsign: PORTREE
Version: 2020.2.1

Postby helijah » Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:30 pm

Dear portreekid

Thanks for getting this thread back on track :)

Personally I would continue to update and evolve the current AirCrane. And of course I would add all the improvements of wlbragg as I go. Certainly it will not be instantaneous because I have to continue to maintain more than 300 models and I have others in progress. But it will be done.
wlbragg for its part will continue its fantastic work and as the two FDM, YASim and JSBSim, cannot coexist in one and the same model (except to create a useless work of madness, and again) it will be possible to create a second entry in FG no problem. This will give users a choice and I would never be against that even if many try by all means to make it believe :)

A second thread will be unnecessary.

Regards Emmanuel
and
helijah

Postby S&J » Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:24 pm

A point of order, the yasim Huey you made does now co-exist with the jsbsim version.
S&J

PreviousNext

Return to Aircraft