Board index FlightGear Development Aircraft

CRJ700-family: New release 1.5.0

Questions and discussion about creating aircraft. Flight dynamics, 3d models, cockpits, systems, animation, textures.

Re: CRJ700-family: New release 1.5.0

Postby jsb » Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:47 pm

jsb

Callsign: D-JSB
Version: next

Postby agough » Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:43 pm

Hi, really nice update! Glad someone got rid of the control surface sound... :D

Just a couple of little bugs/issues I've noticed after getting the latest version:

The navigation display is rendered in front of the yokes in certain modes (everything except compass mode I think).

The LNAV autopilot is a little too eager to point the craft towards the next waypoint when close to it - she'll bank steadily to quite a large degree then correct back violently when passing over the waypoint, even when the required legs are in a straight line. This is kind of the same for altitude holds as well, when ascending to an altitude, the vertical deceleration is pretty big (about 500 ft/s^2) on arrival.

Apart from that, beautiful, feels really smooth to fly as well. :)
agough

Callsign: G-OUGH
Version: 3.7

Postby danielHL » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:33 pm

...and for the control surface sound you got wind and avionics sounds ;-)

As for the bugs: I didn't notice the yoke problem because i always fly without yokes. Will take a look later. Could you post a screenshot of the problem to be sure?

Yeah - the route manager... It's all FG core functionality coupled with a not so smart controller. We didn't want to implement our own RM code but instead wait for what core development will make of RM in the future. If there's nothing new happening, I too would like to do some improvements there. Even more because in reality you can use the NAV CDI to follow FMS legs (white needles).

The vertical part is very tricky - I did several test flights and Henning fiddled around a lot with the controller coefficients. In our opinion this is the best compromise and tradeoff for intercepting very different levels. The plane reacts very different at 6000ft or at FL310. In the past we struggled a lot with over- or undershoots, oscillations or permanent deviations. My recommendation: climb profiles for FL180 and above not more than 1500fpm and when the alert goes off reduce to max 1000fpm.
danielHL / D-FMPW
danielHL

Callsign: D-FMPW

Postby agough » Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:10 am

danielHL wrote in Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:33 pm:As for the bugs: I didn't notice the yoke problem because i always fly without yokes. Will take a look later. Could you post a screenshot of the problem to be sure?

Notice the display area that changes when you change display mode - it doesn't quite fit the physical screen (the non-problematic navaids/compass/plan modes fit). I guess the display is also rendered in front of the grey panel that should overlap it?

Here's the plan page working fine:

Thanks for the explanation about the autopilots!
agough

Callsign: G-OUGH
Version: 3.7

Postby Turbo » Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:00 am

Hello Just doing a global flight and I noticed some problems.

This is from the recent version of the CRJ700 in FGaddon in FG 2016

1) No Brakes except for parking brake

2) No altitude climb (you can't enter a altitude and click ALT to make plane climb to an altitude) You must use VS.If you click ALT it holds your current ALT.

3) Also can you make a small window for the AP. Must be great for wide screens but terrible for narrow screens.

4) In the checklist I seen a few mistakes.

Before pushback its your beacon light that must be turned on. After you started your engines and ready to taxi you turn on Navigation lights and taxi lights. Before you enter any runway you turn off taxi light turn on landing lights and strobe light. Also the APU must be turn on before you push back outhouse you have no power while pushing back. the ground power doesn't move.

http://www.rogerdodger.net/files/CRJ700_checklist.pdf

Thanks Keep Up the Good Work

Edward
Turbo

Postby jsb » Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:43 am

Hi
Short answers as I am on the road:
1) check hydraulics
2) intended, according to FOM
3) will do so
4) will check and improve
Thanks for your feedback :)
jsb

Postby Turbo » Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:08 pm

Ok
1) my hydraulics was on so I am not sure.

2) Then how do you maintain Alt with AP, as the AP doesn't hold request AP when on VS.

Also my LNAV was not working.
Turbo

Postby danielHL » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:56 pm

1) On the overhead panel check that all switches for hydraulic pumps are on auto/on. See EICAS page "HYD", working systems are white. Although, brakes should always work, even with emergency hydraulics. Hotkey is "b".

2) You select your desired altitude with the ALT knob, hit "ALT" button to get in ALTS armed mode. Now you select your vertical speed and wait until AP levels off once it reaches the altitude. Pretty much like with Airbus. Note the altitude warning going off about 1000ft from your selected altitude ;) very handy when flying manual descends.
danielHL / D-FMPW
danielHL

Callsign: D-FMPW

Postby jsb » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:33 pm

2) you do not push ALT. You just pre-select an altitude by turning the alt knob (see magenta readout on primary flight display top right corner)
This arms alt preselect mode (white ALTS indicator). Now use e.g. VS mode to descent or climb (push VS, turn VS wheel) and wait. AP shall level off at preselected altitude.
Pitch mode shall work the same
jsb

Postby tikibar » Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:17 am

Turbo wrote in Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:00 am:After you started your engines and ready to taxi you turn on Navigation lights and taxi lights.

Typically, the nav lights are on any time someone is in the cockpit. Next time you're at the airport, take a look at the planes at the gates. Those that are leaving within an hour will have their nav lights on. Those are the first lights to turn on, before even preflight.
Boeing 747-8 (rename folder to 747-8i)
Boeing 757-200/300 (rename folder to 757-200)
Boeing 767-300/ER (rename folder to 767-300)
tikibar

Callsign: CHT0009

Postby jsb » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:52 pm

Some updates are available:
* ALS landing/taxi lights (cockpit view only! ALS rendering must be enabled)
* In the tiller menu (Shift+W) you can select "view follows tiller". If selected, the tiller hotkeys will move the view direction to the left/right
* Minor checklist updates and added a XSL to allow simple rendering of checklists in a webbrowser
* Reworked lightmaps for logo light and left/right landing light
Last edited by Gijs on Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fix image
jsb

Postby jsb » Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:46 pm

It's been a while and dual control is still not ready for release but some minor fixes are now online on github. Pushback should now be visible via MP (if both sides are updated).
jsb

Postby legoboyvdlp » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:57 pm

Is the thrust supposed to oscillate about 80% N1 with TOGA thrust set and TOGA on the flight directors? They're also oscillating around 70 (+- 10) with CLB.

The L / R oil pressure is also always illuminated on the yasim CRJ700ER.
legoboyvdlp

Callsign: G-LEGO

Postby tdammers » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:53 am

TOGA thrust gives me 91% at the beginning of the takeoff roll, and then slowly decreases to about 85% throught the takeoff climb. I don't see much oscillation, maybe +/- 1% N1 or so.

CLB thrust seems fairly consistent too, as long as the autopilot is in SPD CLB mode at least.

I can confirm the oil pressure thing; it takes about 40% N1 at least, for a couple seconds, to make it go away, which means that it will probably light up when taxiing and during the descent. This is probably not right.
tdammers

Callsign: NL256
IRC name: nl256

Postby jsb » Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:06 am

Did you update recently? Last update of fgaddon was on 2020-09-15 and does not show the oil pressure issue. I have to admit I did not test the detents for TOGA, CLB etc (using 'n' and 'N' keys) and they appear to be broken - I use to fly the the throttle lever. I will check and see how to fix this, thanks for reporting
jsb

PreviousNext

Return to Aircraft