Board index FlightGear Development Aircraft

New Project Cessna 152 II

Questions and discussion about creating aircraft. Flight dynamics, 3d models, cockpits, systems, animation, textures.

Re: New Project Cessna 152 II

Postby Johan G » Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:05 pm

Nearly nightmare fuel. :? Just add echo and a mystery horror soundtrack (for example a waterphone).

Also, what could those rectangles below the aircraft be?
Low-level flying — It's all fun and games till someone looses an engine. (Paraphrased from a YouTube video)
Improving the Dassault Mirage F1 (Wiki, Forum, GitLab. Work in slow progress)
Some YouTube videos
Johan G

Callsign: SE-JG
IRC name: Johan_G
Version: 2020.3.4

Postby wkitty42 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:24 pm

looks like the rectangles are buildings... and WOW what a bounce! :lol:
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby awall86 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:35 pm

Thanks for your feedback, Jakub.

I will try to resolve issues as soon as possible.

Regarding plane initial position, (Plane flying over or under scenery) can you give me information about airport and initial position used for your test?

Is the problem reproduced at any airport and initial location, and only using this aircraft?

I'll test it this afternoon to try to reproduce the problem.

Regards
awall86

Version: 2020.3.1

Postby wlbragg » Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:24 pm

@gsagostinho

Check c152/gui/dialogs/c152-menu.xml and make sure there are no conflicts in this file. I had one after updating. It's working fine for me in the QT launcher.

@awall86 as always, very nice work!
Kansas and Ohio/Midwest scenery development.
KEQA, 3AU, KRCP Airport Layout
Intel i7/GeForce RTX 2070/Max-Q
wlbragg

Callsign: WC2020
Version: next

Postby wkitty42 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:57 pm

also whay airport and parking was that that caused the huge bounce? some airports have valid parking but someone has place baggage and carts around them and possibly in the way... i've run into similar at KATL in the past with the c172p... not a bounce like that but certainly being wrecked when the craft drops onto them... we won't even mention what happens when other craft spawn on top of you :lol:
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby jakkos98 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:47 pm

Hello,

This bounce was at default BIKF at Gate _12, but after starting at other locations with now problems I have found that wind at BIKF was quite strong (about 23KT,not sure if it was headwind,crosswind or tailwind) probably cusing this aircraft behaviour.

Regards
Jakub
Best regards
Pozdrawiam

Jakub Kosakowski
jakkos98

Callsign: SP-KOS
Version: 2020.4.0

Postby awall86 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:39 pm

Hi Jakub

I have been able to reproduce the problem with the ATIS and I have a possible easy solution, just adding a few lines in the -set.xml file. I want to investigate a little more, because the switches that should silence the radios are not working correctly in this case.

I'm working on it.

I was check the aircraft in BIKF default position without issues with preselected "Core of high pressure region" in weather settings, and in this conditions, I can't find problems with aircraft behaviour.

Regards
awall86

Postby Fritz » Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:29 pm

Not sure if it's helpful, but the bouncing is something I encounter regularly after loading a flight recorder file. Sometimes it's hardly noticeable, sometimes only the tail gets thrown up a bit (with the DC-3 ending up on her nose in more severe cases), and sometimes the plane gets thrown tens of meters high into the air. It looks as if the plane was pressed ridiculously deep into the landing gear springs, and the calculated compression force causing it to be thrown into the air after "release". As far as I can say, the phenomenon is related to air pressure, i.e. when the pressure (weather) when I was saving the file is different from when I loaded it. It looks as if the flight recorder doesn't record real altitude, but pressure altitude (I don't want to call it a bug yet because I haven't really looked into it).

The recorder can't be the reason in your case, but put in more general terms, the bouncing may be caused by the altitude above the ground not matching the distance between the origin of the plane coordinates and the bottom of the wheels. If the plane is too low, maybe only a few centimeters or decimeters, the springs are compressed too far which will cause the bouncing. Not sure about the below ground scenario though... :roll:

Btw, I have the same ATIS problem with the DC-3. I didn't really have a look at it, but I'm looking forward to your solution!
Fritz

Version: 2018.3.6

Postby awall86 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:18 pm

I'm a newbie in Flightgear addons development, but I have found that the problem may be due to the value of a property, which causes the ATIS to be heard if any of the radios are tuned to the ATIS frequency of the airport when the plane is placed in the initial position.

The bool property Instrumentation/comm[n]/power-btn is set to "true" at startup, by default, if your airplane isn't using it. Changing the value of this property to "false", stops to hear the ATIS in the corresponding com radio.

I don't know if this is the best solution for this issue, but it's work.

I have a lot to learn yet about Flightgear and its philosophy.

Regards
awall86

Postby Ysop » Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:22 pm

Nice work, awall!

As a note the bouncing is not connected to this aircraft, but can be experienced in other craft as well.
Fritz' idea on that seems to go in the right direction.
Ysop

Version: 2020.3.18

Postby awall86 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:10 pm

Hi I'm working in a new revision with some bugs corrected, and some improvments. In this version we'll have, for example, a new altimeter and a new directional gyro:

I have other improvements in mind, but I have a doubt. The A320 Project (https://github.com/legoboyvdlp/A320-family) have excelent functionalities like check client version and sugest the update from repository, a custom gui, and other interesting features. The answer is: Can I take this excellent ideas and modify them, to be useful to the cessna 152 project? Obviously all the files should have the reference to the original creator of these features, Josh Davidson.

I'm working on it, but I need to know if this is legal, correct and complies with all licensing agreements.

Regards
awall86

Postby Octal450 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:21 pm

Yes you can!
But I suggest that you wait for ACCONFIG V2.0 which I am working on right now and has a huge rewrite in far better code and loads of new features. Please note panel states won't work unless you make the airplane acconfig compliment.

Kind Regards,
Josh
Skillset: JSBsim Flight Dynamics, Systems, Canvas, Autoflight/Control, Instrumentation, Animations
Aircraft: A320-family, MD-11, MD-80, Contribs in a few others

Octal450's GitHub|Launcher Catalog
|Airbus Dev Discord|Octal450 Hangar Dev Discord
Octal450

Callsign: WTF411
Version: next

Postby www2 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:03 pm

Any updates on jakkos problem?
www2

Postby awen » Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:10 pm

Hi,

I eventually discovered this 152 in the forum. It is amazing! Thank you for your years of hard work. Although I do have one issue, the cockpit seems very dark regardless of my settings. The window looks a little strange and the panel lights doesn’t work for me, nor taxi/landing lights. I use ALS with 2020.1.3 version.

Also, I noticed some of the controls are not bonded to a keystroke, such as magnetos {} and hide yoke (y). Maybe a key (c) to reset default view will be helpful. But overall, very good quality! I will definitely prefer this one over the 172. Thank you!

Aleo
awen

Version: 2020.4.0

Postby awall86 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:14 pm

Hi, I'm working actually in the 2020.3.1A Version of Cessna 152.

In this version I will try to correct some reported bugs, and improve functionality by adapting the excellent configuration module made by Josh Davidson. The repo will be updated in a few days. I'm working in test and adjust some details, for example taxi and landing lights under 2020.3.1 in Windows reported by awen (I have Linus and work fine for me) I will test it over Windows environment:

New features and corrected bugs are:

The problem with de ATIS reported by jakkos was solved.

Some objects are tweaked in Blender trying to solve issue reported by awen (Very dark cockpit)

keyboard.xml was added to assign some keystrokes, as awen has suggested:

"y" to show/hide Yokes
"Q" to reset view to default cockpit position
"{}" to increase/decrease magneto switch
"s" to activate starter

New directional Gyro and altimeter.

New cockpit lighting for night flights (ALS Dome Light)

Minimum implementation of Aircraft Config Module by Josh Davidson to check for updates, and download any new version in zip format from Git repository, directly.

New personalized GUI.

A special thanks to Josh for allowing me to use your excellent configuration module. I am waiting with great expectation for the new version 2.0.

Some pics of the new version:

Regards
awall86

PreviousNext

Return to Aircraft