Board index FlightGear Development Aircraft

Looking for aircraft with 'paper cut' bugs

Questions and discussion about creating aircraft. Flight dynamics, 3d models, cockpits, systems, animation, textures.

Re: Looking for aircraft with 'paper cut' bugs

Postby clrCoda » Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:41 am

Typical unnecessary post of the kind I've come to expect to find from you.
Ray St. Marie
clrCoda

Postby MIG29pilot » Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:45 am

:(
MIG29pilot

Callsign: MIG29pilot
Version: 2020.1.3

Postby wkitty42 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:26 pm

clrCoda wrote in Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:53 pm:I recall getting the DHC6-300 to show my entire callsign, but have forgotten how i accomplished this. Trying to get the AirCrane to do so and just changing the For loop in the immat.nas count from 6 to 7 doesn't seem to be enough. There is something else that needs to happen, and I've completely forgotten what that is.

it depends on how it is done in each craft, AFAIK... IIRC, the c172p-detailed project found that it was cutting the character string apart into individual characters and assigning each one to its own property which was then displayed... we discovered it because some of the characters ended up blinking at the same time and rate of the lights on the craft... then it was discovered that was caused by something being used for more than one thing and there was a conflict between these two...

myself? i just assumed the easiest thing would be to take the character string as it was, place it in one property and then place it on the craft where it was needed... if the surface was curved, i'd expect that the characters would be curved to fit on the surface (think aft portion of the fuselage before the tail)... it is really noticeable on smaller craft like the c172p... some craft have the characters floating away from the craft and perfectly flat instead of conforming to the craft's curves... it is really noticible when zoomed in and looking from certain angles...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Previous

Return to Aircraft