Board index FlightGear Development Aircraft

Su-15

Questions and discussion about creating aircraft. Flight dynamics, 3d models, cockpits, systems, animation, textures.

Re: Su-15

Postby Hooray » Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:01 pm

Thorsten is right: vitos, it would seem like a good idea if you could get in touch with "Red Leader" (forum/wiki handle) and/or post a few links to your existing code/Nasal modules. Red Leader has been documenting all related efforts, so he will certainly appreciate your feedback/code (and you won't have to deal with Thorsten or myself!)
Please don't send support requests by PM, instead post your questions on the forum so that all users can contribute and benefit
Thanks & all the best,
Hooray
Help write next month's newsletter !
pui2canvas | MapStructure | Canvas Development | Programming resources
Hooray

Postby vitos » Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:14 pm

I said I can share it.

It means someone who needs it can use it.

Participate in my project instead of asking me to participate in Yours.

My works already, and makes what I need.

And I never forgive.
Waste of time: too unprofitable for work, too exhausting for hobby.
vitos

Callsign: vitos
IRC name: vitos
Version: 3.4

Postby Thorsten » Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:37 pm

Well, the scripted AI code seems to be a more generally applicable tool - and hence of wider interest than just for weapons enthusiasts, so it'd make sense to contribute to that. But I believe we're repeating the radar discussion again - you're re-inventing the wheel it seems.
Thorsten

Postby vitos » Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:45 pm

I, seems to be, only guy at FG who could send rocket at FG multiplayer at other guy way making that other guy see it flying. It's not page at wiki - it's flying model with flying rockets, BTW, much more realistic than any other missile and plane at FG at now. As I could comprehend trough conversations with others, not one else made it prior. So I made something first at FG third time - first was with realistic breakages, second was space flight, and third is that.

I do know that one not will be taken - just be experience. And I do know someone will take my idea and implement it without me - by experience. I will not tell what I would wish to that guy, You may imagine - and it will be.

Nah, whole FG is reinventing the wheel. And actually that wheel is square in most of cases. And it's reinventing the wheel with all that ... which was invented early - as lying, stealing, propaganda, and anything else of that sort.

Initially I was not interested in missiles, You know. I hoped FG, could be, better place. Not, it's same place with same ... . Difference is only people here do not have enough power to dictate their rules beyond that forum. If they could, they would be much worser than people beyond, I do know that by experience - rechecked two..three times for sureness. So that missile is thing You deserve.
vitos

Postby Hooray » Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:17 pm

Sorry, I am not sure I understand what you are trying to say - the "scripted AI objects" effort isn't mine, and also not Thorsten's.
And if you've been following the forum, you will have noticed that I am also not bothered by disagreeing with more senior contributors (as in most senior ...).
I merely suggested to get in touch with Red Leader and share your code with him
Please don't send support requests by PM, instead post your questions on the forum so that all users can contribute and benefit
Thanks & all the best,
Hooray
Help write next month's newsletter !
pui2canvas | MapStructure | Canvas Development | Programming resources
Hooray

Postby curt » Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:56 pm

Yup, the whole point of FlightGear is to reinvent the wheel, but do it as open-source and involve a large community of volunteer contributors.
curt
Administrator

Postby geed » Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:20 pm

This:
So I made something first at FG third time - first was with realistic breakages, second was space flight, and third is that.

and that:
Nah, whole FG is reinventing the wheel. And actually that wheel is square in most of cases. And it's reinventing the wheel with all that ... which was invented early - as lying, stealing, propaganda, and anything else of that sort.

Are you trolling this community, Sir?
No one here speaks about other community members as you do. This is not sarcasm or anything like that - this is just pure being a complete and utter asshole.

I am sorry everyone for this. I am really sorry. But reading all this makes me puke in circles.

Why are you all still talking to him??

@vitos:
"And I never forgive."

We do and all these guys, still talking to you did a couple of times. But again and again you are shitting directly into their faces as soon as they criticize what you are writing. How small must your ego be, man... you're really strange I must admit.
geed

Callsign: G-EED
Version: 2017.3.1

Postby hamzaalloush » Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:14 am

He is an asshole, but no one seems to care, i don't although i will never use anything he makes, but i do think he has some valid opinions, but if someone see his value as worthy to deal with his attitude then i don't care. We're not children although i will never take that attitude in the real world.
hamzaalloush

Postby Thorsten » Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:03 am

So I made something first at FG third time - first was with realistic breakages, second was space flight, and third is that.

Just drop it, please. You are a very gifted developer, no question about that, but you're on no way special. I make new things for FG all the time. So do many others. It's what development is about - implementing features which are not yet there. There has been breakage and failure modeling long before you did it - you just didn't know. The X-15 reached space long before you developed the Vostok - you just didn't know.

You have developed something interesting - so do others - can you just do what others are doing, i.e. try to make it available where it has most use instead of waiting for a red carpet to be rolled out?
Thorsten

Postby vitos » Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:54 am

Instead of You, I have the right to say what I say, since I already rolled carpets for others previously, with known results. Not one made model with tearing gears and flaps, burning engine, and instrumentation which makes realistic mistakes - prior me. Not one made model with many different FDM instances - key part of space flight sill - in it prior me. No one made orbit flight - at that simulator of course - prior me. I just shared all l that. All that was just taken, while me was pushed off community with themes closing. I was told "space is not needed". Now it's one of most objects of next release. I am not swearing - I just know who is who really. It's my profession, BTW.

I do not know if I was first one message of whom disappeared from that forum without any sight and mention - but maybe I am first in that too.

And if someone else made missiles of model visible to other users of same model at multiplayer prior me - I would know about that, believe me. If someone else, more, say, flexible, would do that then these would be visible to anyone, as annoying messages which "f-14" and "m-2000" sends instead of that.

So when I do say that You - I mean not everybody, but exact people - will take that novice too, and will implement it without me - I just use previous experience to predict Your actions. With quite well probability. And, yeah, others just do not care.
vitos

Postby Thorsten » Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:26 am

Not one made model with tearing gears and flaps, burning engine, and instrumentation which makes realistic mistakes - prior me.

I think you'll find that there have been planes with pretty realistic failures and emergency procedures much earlier - if you care to look.

Not one made model with many different FDM instances - key part of space flight sill - in it prior me.

This could well be the case - so what? Nobody did automatic generation of thermals before I did. Nobody made a viable instructor station before TorstenD did. Nobody made a native graphical launcher before James did. Nobody made an effect framework before Tim did. Nobody made a realistic computation of where celestial objects are before Durk did. Nobody had a scripting language in FG before Andy did.

It's not like you haven't done anything, but it's actually not *that* much compared with what others have achieved and continue to achieve. You've found a nice way of using JSBSim for stages - I've figured out half a dozen of other nice and equally useful ways of using it for all sorts of things (I'm particularly proud of the RMS arm solver). These are sort of neat, but really both our efforts pale against the effort of writing JSBSIm in the first place. You really have to see it all in perspective.

Vostok-1 is an order of magnitude better than the X-15 was, but the Shuttle is again an order of magnitude more detailed in terms of spaceflight support, visualization and failure modeling. That's how development tends to go.

All that was just taken, while me was pushed off community with themes closing. I was told "space is not needed".

The way I remember it, you issued your wishlist, people didn't do it, others tried to explain to you why space isn't a priority for FG, you didn't want to listen.

But let me make this very clear: Nobody pushed you away. Nobody refused to collaborate with you. All that happened is that FG didn't accept your leadership. You chose to talk down on the spaceflight support we did manage to come up with because you couldn't get your grand vision. It's you who elected to never collaborate with anyone on anything - not me, not Hooray, not anyone else of the people who are talking to you here.
Thorsten

Postby vitos » Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:29 am

Look, dude, my theme was closed by moderator, and it's still closed. My message disappeared from forum without any sight and mention, and it's still absented. So it's You who do not look. Open Your eyes, kid.

Or maybe You think that You will have other fate with same people?
vitos

Postby Thorsten » Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:40 am

I have no idea what you refer to, but I'll close this discussion here since we're off some weird direction. Let me finally repeat the invitation to join the scripted AI effort - it's not my effort - I just think this would be the most productive thing to do.
Thorsten

Postby vitos » Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:28 pm

As You wish. You will remember what You had been said when You will share my experience.

With same people - same experience, Only degree of it is different.
vitos

Postby geed » Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:09 pm

All that happened is that FG didn't accept your leadership.

To the point...
geed

Callsign: G-EED
Version: 2017.3.1

PreviousNext

Return to Aircraft