Board index FlightGear Development Aircraft

Boeing 727 development (was "THE FLIGHTGEAR AIRCRAFT")

Questions and discussion about creating aircraft. Flight dynamics, 3d models, cockpits, systems, animation, textures.

What would you like to enhance on the Boeing 727?

Exterior
16%
Interior (not Cockpit)
9%
Cockpit
40%
Systems
21%
FDM
15%

Total votes : 173

Re: Boeing 727 development (was "THE FLIGHTGEAR AIRCRAFT")

Postby IAHM-COL » Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:00 pm

Hi Brett
Thanks for looking at this.
The .blend is in the sources repository
https://github.com/IAHM-COL/727-230-Sources
https://github.com/IAHM-COL/727-230-Sou ... -230.blend

IH-COL

PS: If you send me your github I can give you push access to both the Sources, and the development repo, too
:)

Thanks a lot
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it? Probably not, because if they don’t recognise their freedoms, they’ll let their freedoms fall
IAHM-COL
Retired

Callsign: HK-424D or ICAO4243
Version: 3.7-git

Postby gooneybird » Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:55 pm

Thanks for the offer but I'm to busy with other stuff to get to involved with this.

Had a look at the blend file and can confirm that the fuselage mapping is the problem and would best be remapped If you want matching livery halves.

They way I map the fuselage is to map the complete fuselage from one side and position/resize it in the uv editor window. then in the 3d view edit mode, deselect all, turn on wireframe and face select, using border select select the opposite side of the fuselage, you may have to zoom in and select/deselect some of the smaller faces that border select missed.
Go back to uv editor window and select all, this will only select all of the one side highlighted in the 3d view, press G then Y and move the selection down to the bottom of the texture map and mirror along the X axis.
Back in the 3d window select all, which should leave you with two equal sized fuselage halves in the uv editor window that can now be moved to their final positions.
Hope this helps.
My Github repository (mostly AI stuff) https://github.com/gooneybird47
gooneybird

Postby IAHM-COL » Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:59 pm

sure. that's about what I did. but I can verify again.
Best,
IH-COL
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it? Probably not, because if they don’t recognise their freedoms, they’ll let their freedoms fall
IAHM-COL
Retired

Postby gooneybird » Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:23 am

You can see the difference if you select one have of the fuselage in the uv editor window mirror it and place it over the other half.
I also noticed the are several faces mapped to one side only, mainly the nose cone and around the doors/windows.
My Github repository (mostly AI stuff) https://github.com/gooneybird47
gooneybird

Postby gsagostinho » Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:11 pm

IAHM-COL wrote in Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:59 pm:sure. that's about what I did. but I can verify again.
Best,
IH-COL

Please let me know if you make any modifications to the UV map so I can correct my liveries, okay? I will wait for you to check this before continuing with my Transbrasil liveries.

Cheers!
Gilberto
gsagostinho

Postby IAHM-COL » Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:54 pm

feel free to continue. The changes will not be major.
IAHM-COL
Retired

Postby gsagostinho » Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:52 pm

@IAHM-COL by the way, did you manage to ask Thorsten about the possibility of applying the reflection effect according to specific liveries, so that the more metallic ones could use a stronger reflection effect?
gsagostinho

Postby IAHM-COL » Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:58 pm

No. I can't manage to ask Thorsten. He says he won't reply to me. Do you mind trying the question to him?
I am working on installing a panel. JWocky will get instruments, and maybe you and I can texturize the interiors now ;P
IAHM-COL
Retired

Postby gsagostinho » Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:00 pm

Sure, I will ask them about it, but can you help me formulate it in a coherent way? I know nothing about effects and how they are applied... And surely I can help with the interiors :)
gsagostinho

Postby legoboyvdlp » Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:26 am

Anyway I can help?
Maybe another livery?
Maybe some .xmling?
legoboyvdlp

Callsign: G-LEGO
Version: next

Postby IAHM-COL » Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:03 am

@Gilberto

Finally! :)

It took me like 4 attempts before I felt confident enough to push an intermediate step.

We have the new cabin for the cockpit installed. These had been modified from Mark's 707, but heavily adapted to fit the size and ratios of the 727.
It needs complete texturization, and thus here you and I will need to coordinate closely for us to determine how I am going to uvmap-it and how you will be texturizing it :P

It contains, as the 707, and the 727 a proper Enginering panel location.

Since it is such a major overhaul in how the aircraft looks inside, I decided we will be adapting the new cabin in a separate branch and move to master when we reach a reasonable status. So to speak, not to break severely the master branch in the interim time.

The branch, is --named new-cabin with a bit of imagination-- here: https://github.com/IAHM-COL/727-230/tree/new-cabin

Other thing:
I succeded reinstalilng the reflection shaders, but while conserving the shine and reflective effect, respect the true white much more than before. :P

If you look in the new-cabin branch, the reflections are looking much better. We may not need therefore, to activate this on a per-livery basis.

Best,
IH-COL

Question:
How do we begin the texturizing work here??

@JWocky
You've got a panel. Feel free to start installing instrumentation :P
All instruments previously on the 727 were moved to the file

https://github.com/IAHM-COL/727-230/blo ... uments.xml

But notice that this aircraft has 2 instruments' path
https://github.com/IAHM-COL/727-230/tre ... Flightdeck
https://github.com/IAHM-COL/727-230/tre ... nstruments

I strongly suggest this gets standardized in the Flightdeck directory only ;)

Best to all,
IH=COL
Last edited by IAHM-COL on Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
IAHM-COL
Retired

Postby IAHM-COL » Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:05 am

legoboyvdlp wrote in Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:26 am:Anyway I can help?
Maybe another livery?
Maybe some .xmling?

Hi Lego... start collecting information on the instruments as they will be assembled? The 707 is very likely our master source for the analog cabin. You'll need to coordinate tigthly with JWocky here thus.
IAHM-COL
Retired

Postby gsagostinho » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:06 am

@IAHM-COL Great news, it's looking really good! So now we need to create the UV-map for the cockpit and I need something like a paintkit. Ideally I'd love to have the whole main panel in a single file (see the c172p-detailed panel.png for an example), the overheads could be in a different file or the same (depending if they fit) and the interior (seats, floor, walls, etc.) in a separated file as well. Once this is done I can start to work on the textures. What do you think?

As for the reflection effect and liveries, that's some great news, I will check how they are looking then!

Take care!
Gilberto

PS: I will be away for almost the whole month of August and my collaborations might be very scarce in that period
gsagostinho

Postby legoboyvdlp » Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:30 pm

I will be away for the week on holidays - don't expect any work till then.
@JWOCKY - go ahead - I'll try and help you when I come back.
Would we be moving the instruments from the 707 to the JPack like was done for the BAE146?
legoboyvdlp

Callsign: G-LEGO
Version: next

Postby IAHM-COL » Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:40 pm

Have fun Lego

About your question: Negative

We are working on the 727 in a way that does not require the JPack.
It will be implemented straight into the 727.

IH-COL
IAHM-COL
Retired

PreviousNext

Return to Aircraft