Board index FlightGear Development Aircraft

Cessna 172P detailed (was "Cockpit textures for the c172p")

Questions and discussion about creating aircraft. Flight dynamics, 3d models, cockpits, systems, animation, textures.

Re: Cessna 172P detailed (was "Cockpit textures for the c172

Postby dany93 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:47 am

Hi,

I noticed that you have replaced back the turn coordinator for a correct one. :)
I can't figure out how this ugly dark purple ball on dark grey background could have been chosen as generic one for FG aircraft, and used for C172P and SenecaII. I had mentioned this in the forum but nobody seemed to worry, and I didn't know how to use Blender.
Slip-skid-ball very hard to see on C172P and SenecaII

Since that, I've modified this turn coordinator for personal use
Not perfect, that was my first (and only) steps with Blender and Gimp, some defects can be seen in the glass tube under Rembrandt.
Here's is a link for this turn coordinator files in case something can be useful (slip ball size, curvature radius).

For the FDM: I see one or a few small modifications which I'd like to do on the FDM or the -set.xml files (e.g. cancel my added propwash which is now useless, correct default trim). I could have a few others in the future, depending on my tests and your remarks, but much less than you do by elsewhere. I already have an account on gitorious.org (as long as it still works...) but (of course) no access to push modifications on your c172p-detailed. I can either send you the lines to be modified (not very convenient for you) or you could give me an access (and the method) so that I can push. In this case I guess I will have to create an account on GitHub.
Which way do you prefer?
Will the git pull be selective (i.e. only for this aircraft)?

Thanks.

Dany
dany93

Version: 2020.4.0

Postby ludomotico » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:49 pm

Yes, the project includes may modifications that I consider fixes to files in the base package. Not only the original c172p, but also some generic files: the turn coordinator, the flaps control or the configuration of the female and copilot walkers.

I'll try to gather some of these modifications and submit a merge request to the base package.
ludomotico

Version: nightly

Postby legoboyvdlp » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:56 pm

Vladimir, the project is on github, someone will link you it.
legoboyvdlp

Callsign: G-LEGO
Version: next

Postby dg-505 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:54 pm

@Vladimir Akimov
The download link is in the first post: https://github.com/Juanvvc/c172p-detailed :)
A mile of road will take you a mile, but a mile of runway will take you everywhere.

DHC-6 Twin Otter development
dg-505

Callsign: dg-505

Postby gsagostinho » Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:03 pm

@Vladimir Akimov just remember you need FG 3.5 for this Cessna.
gsagostinho

Postby SP-K79 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:30 pm

wlbragg wrote in Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:50 pm:
SP-K79 wrote in Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:56 am:No I'm using 3.2.

Try downloading the aircraft on this branch. See if that works any better for you.

That doesn't work. Parts of the cockpit are completely missing including the top of the dashboard and instruments.
Hue Peter Coal
JAFVA, Vice President
"Never fly where you have not flown in your mind, five minutes age."
SP-K79

Callsign: SP-K79
Version: 3.2.0

Postby hamzaalloush » Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:27 pm

dany93 wrote in Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:47 am:Hi,

I noticed that you have replaced back the turn coordinator for a correct one. :)
I can't figure out how this ugly dark purple ball on dark grey background could have been chosen as generic one for FG aircraft, and used for C172P and SenecaII. I had mentioned this in the forum but nobody seemed to worry, and I didn't know how to use Blender.
Slip-skid-ball very hard to see on C172P and SenecaII

Since that, I've modified this turn coordinator for personal use
Not perfect, that was my first (and only) steps with Blender and Gimp, some defects can be seen in the glass tube under Rembrandt.
Here's is a link for this turn coordinator files in case something can be useful (slip ball size, curvature radius).

For the FDM: I see one or a few small modifications which I'd like to do on the FDM or the -set.xml files (e.g. cancel my added propwash which is now useless, correct default trim). I could have a few others in the future, depending on my tests and your remarks, but much less than you do by elsewhere. I already have an account on gitorious.org (as long as it still works...) but (of course) no access to push modifications on your c172p-detailed. I can either send you the lines to be modified (not very convenient for you) or you could give me an access (and the method) so that I can push. In this case I guess I will have to create an account on GitHub.
Which way do you prefer?
Will the git pull be selective (i.e. only for this aircraft)?

Thanks.

Dany

Hello Dany and welcome, all are very flatterd to have you here :D

i'd suggested considering this update, the skid/drift ball is kinda useless in the original C172.

also, i guess the git pull will be selective, since this aircraft lives in a repository of it's own!

https://github.com/Juanvvc/c172p-detailed

Thanks Dany!

-Hamza
hamzaalloush

Postby Vladimir Akimov » Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:23 pm

Thank's to all! But why FG 3.5?
You know me from youtube :)
I'm VladFlyer, take a look :

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBOvOg ... yNsYKuAxbw
Vladimir Akimov

Callsign: VladFlyer
Version: 3.2.0

Postby gsagostinho » Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:38 pm

Vladimir Akimov wrote in Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:23 pm:Thank's to all! But why FG 3.5?

Because we are using certain features that were not available on the last stable release (FG 3.4), such as interior shadows and reflections, volumetric exterior shadow, etc. Our aim is to make the best aeroplane possible using the most current developments in FG instead of ignoring some amazing new features. So to use it you either have to wait for the next stable release (3.6) or install the development release (3.5).

Cheers!
Gilberto

PS: you have some great videos on youtube :D
gsagostinho

Postby wlbragg » Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:01 pm

So to use it you either have to wait for the next stable release (3.6) or install the development release (3.5)

Or add the necessary shader and effects code to 3.4. Normally I am one of the first to do just that because I don't like to wait, but I am now on bleeding edge so I don't have to anymore, otherwise I would be able to tell you if it works, but I have a feeling it will work. Thorsten has verified that there is no core c++ code involved in any of the new effects so the only thing that is breaking this, for 3.4 users anyway, should be the new effects code.
We have had discussion on making a version without the new effects but haven't yet decided on whether or not it is worth the effort.. 3.3 and 3.4 users are encouraged to try this branch and let us know how or if it works. I have one report from 3.2 it doesn't work on.
Kansas and Ohio/Midwest scenery development.
KEQA, 3AU, KRCP Airport Layout
Intel i7/GeForce RTX 2070/Max-Q
wlbragg

Callsign: WC2020

Postby lomar » Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:02 pm

hello c172 developers!

first of all, congrats for your work!

i've downloaded the c172p-detailed from the branch you indicated for my FG3.4. Well, not everything wokred as it should, some knobs are not clickable at all(i.e. master and alternator switches, lights switches...), and the throttle, mixture and parking brake levers are not moving.

is someone having these issues in master branch?, because i'm thinking about downloading the new effects from development verion of FG because they are very cool!
lomar

Callsign: lomar

Postby someguy » Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:16 pm

wlbragg wrote in Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:01 pm:
3.3 and 3.4 users are encouraged to try this branch and let us know how or if it works.

FG 3.4.1: all I see is a blue and yellow glider--no exterior or interior models. No liveries. The engine won't start.
someguy

Version: 2019.1.1

Postby Johan G » Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:50 pm

gsagostinho wrote in Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:38 pm:
Vladimir Akimov wrote in Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:23 pm:Thank's to all! But why FG 3.5?

Because we are using certain features that were not available on the last stable release...

In other words, this project in a sense helps further what can be done in FlightGear (which is one of the good reasons I follow it). :wink: :D
Low-level flying — It's all fun and games till someone looses an engine. (Paraphrased from a YouTube video)
Improving the Dassault Mirage F1 (Wiki, Forum, GitLab. Work in slow progress)
Some YouTube videos
Johan G

Callsign: SE-JG
IRC name: Johan_G
Version: 2020.3.4

Postby wlbragg » Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:00 pm

someguy wrote in Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:16 pm:FG 3.4.1: all I see is a blue and yellow glider--no exterior or interior models. No liveries. The engine won't start.

Thank you for your feedback. I don't know why you would have that type of issue other than an error in downloading or paths. I don't think any I did would cause this type of error.

lomar wrote in Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:02 pm:i've downloaded the c172p-detailed from the branch you indicated for my FG3.4. Well, not everything wokred as it should, some knobs are not clickable at all(i.e. master and alternator switches, lights switches...), and the throttle, mixture and parking brake levers are not moving.

is someone having these issues in master branch?, because i'm thinking about downloading the new effects from development verion of FG because they are very cool!

Thank you for your feedback. No, this is not an issue in the master branch. It doesn't have to be in the shadow control branch due to your feedback. I overlooked adding the duplicate object names to the model.xml file's animations so when your switched to the non-shadow mode it doesn't know to animate those duplicated objects.

OK guys, that is enough convincing for me as to why it may not be worth the trouble to do the duplication of affected model objects in the model.ac. I didn't account for the necessity to add those animations into the model.xml. If we have to do that also, well, sounds like a lot of effort for the little gain.

ludomotico, I'll try to produce your suggested method in the next few days, (I have some time issues), if you get back into the game by then and decide to work on that, let me know so we don't duplicate efforts.
Kansas and Ohio/Midwest scenery development.
KEQA, 3AU, KRCP Airport Layout
Intel i7/GeForce RTX 2070/Max-Q
wlbragg

Callsign: WC2020

Postby ludomotico » Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:23 pm

I will be in Morocco for some additional days. Lucky me for having this amazing country so close to my house! I love the food over here.

I have FlightGear installed in this computer and some time in my hands. The c172p-detailed runs at 15FPS without all the eye candy, and that is amazing. No that long, FlightGear 2.X ran at 5FPS on this computer. The core of FlightGear is improving very fast! But I'm afraid blender without a real mouse and a numpad is totally unusable.

Unfortunately, I cannot download the data for fgfs 3.0 due to bandwidth constrains. This means I cannot check the aircraft in a version older than current git. I won't be able to work on providing a compatible version up to next Tuesday.
ludomotico

PreviousNext

Return to Aircraft