Board index FlightGear Development Aircraft

The F14b JSBsim by Richard Harrison

Questions and discussion about creating aircraft. Flight dynamics, 3d models, cockpits, systems, animation, textures.

Re: The F14b JSBsim by Richard Harrison

Postby legoboyvdlp » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:19 am

There isn't much point in that. The aircraft-data file literally saves the status, so deleting it will definitely mean that your status (engine status, etc) will not be saved.
legoboyvdlp

Callsign: G-LEGO
Version: next

Re: The F14b JSBsim by Richard Harrison

Postby Richard » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:41 am

OK-F wrote in Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:43 am:For me even if I previously switched the engines off they are running next time I load the plane. Only thing I can do is to set amount of fuel to 0 before I quit the simulator so the engines run out of fuel in a few sec. next time I load the sim. Also AFCS, Generators etc. it is always on. Anyway it is only a detail and if you gonna make cold and dark setting that's great!

You're right; for some reason the save state doesn't work as I described; not sure if this is something that never worked and I'm confusing myself with the F-15, or it is something that has broken.

It will be fixed shortly.

Only delete the %APPDATA%\flightgear.org\aircraft-data\f-14b.xml as a last resort as that will lose all of your aircraft configuration.
Richard

Version: Git

Previous

Return to Aircraft