Board index FlightGear Development Aircraft

SenecaII + Computer2cockpit +FG NEW GLARESHIELD SET

Questions and discussion about creating aircraft. Flight dynamics, 3d models, cockpits, systems, animation, textures.

SenecaII + Computer2cockpit +FG NEW GLARESHIELD SET

Postby Michat » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:12 pm

Good evening.

3 weeks ago I was training inkscape with no special target, however and because I could not flight, some friends sent to me some photos of the training sessions with the SenecaII (excellent FG aircraft), the fact is that I detected a glitch in the Glareshield texture, so I decided to see if I could create a new one, initially, because I ran inspired, so I did more than one.

The idea took shape, and I think I can share with you an assorted design set that could be used for the computer2cocpit project and FG in order to introduce ourselves as the best way to the outer world.

I have some completed models, those models are the most people liked (only 2 testers, only 1 photo feedback for the rossoporco red glareshield, thanks you Bravo1)

If anyone want to try it, i will appreciated if you can send me a photo feedback with the results

the installation instructions: just overwrite FGROOT/Aircraft/SenecaII/Models/Glareshield1.png with any of these files (make a backup of the original file first)

Image Tested by bravo1

Bravo's one SenecaII RossoPorco Glareshield

Image Tested. (one of my blue texture is okay, the last one reported by ludomo is not)

and if anyone wants a custom design, here is the catalog.

Last edited by Michat on Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:04 am, edited 3 times in total.
Michat

Version: 191b

Re: SenecaII + Computer2cockpit +FG NEW GLARESHIELD SET

Postby ludomotico » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:15 am

This is a nice touch to personalize an aircraft, but you didn't mention the installation instructions: just overwrite FGROOT/Aircraft/SenecaII/Models/Glareshield1.png with any of these files (make a backup of the original file first)

(Click on any image for the real size)

A general image:

Some close-ups. First, the original image:

An some examples. Notice some of these have the same glitch than the original image! Also, the small holes are not completely round but I don't know if this is intentional.

ludomotico

Version: git

Postby Michat » Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:15 pm

Thank you for testing those textures @ludomotico.

Yes It seems there are some glitches specially in those that have the textured material. I'll try to amend it, but I'm suspecting that the texture is not symmetric. In other cases (most of the cases) I detected a problem in the top of the texture that I think I can resolve.

About the stretched holes, I'm surprised, initially there are the same holes that i use in the red one (rossoporco (bravo1)). One think is clear, the program is stretching the texture and this could be the cause, now I have a GNU/Linux with FG (thanks D-Laser) so I'll try to test it.

I'm sorry if I didn't say how to install. I did it, but is hard to use this laptop that suffer from dielectric glitches, is not the first time that after writing all post, just by touching the laptop with two fingers the text disappear, having to repeat all post. So now I'm using a single finger to avoid a new disaster.

I'll try to amend and repair those textures, thanks for your help, and congratulations for your contribution to FG.

Cheers.
Michat

Postby computer2cockpit » Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:23 pm

Nice,

About those holes, i know you didn't stretch them on purpose, but they are the stiches(i think) so they should be stretched.

Best regards,
Computer2cockpit - Flight Simulation Hardware designed for Flight Preparation and Training

Updates: http://www.facebook.com/computer2cockpit
FAQ: http://www.computer2cockpit.com/?page_id=771

Thank you for Support.
computer2cockpit

Postby flyingfisch » Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:59 am

Now all we need is livery support on the seneca...
Beechcraft A35 Bonanza
Wiki Page
GitHub Repo
Improving the 737-300
Forum Thread
All my projects
flyingfisch

IRC name: ffisch
Version: 3.0

Postby Michat » Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:11 am

An some examples. Notice some of these have the same glitch than the original image! Also, the small holes are not completely round but I don't know if this is intentional.

Now I remember, those holes were reduced by me in order to compensate the texture stretch and get the final look and dimension as original, so it was intentionally.
Michat

Return to Aircraft