Board index FlightGear Development Aircraft

Announcing NEW Boeing 777 'Seattle' - Pre-Release

Questions and discussion about creating aircraft. Flight dynamics, 3d models, cockpits, systems, animation, textures.

Re: Announcing NEW Boeing 777 'Seattle' - Pre-Release

Postby Tridson » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:50 am

Thank you a lot
Tridson

Callsign: TRI0004
Version: 2018 3.1

Postby urgedpanda » Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:58 pm

did anybody else realise the wrong flap pitch.
tell me if you didn't understand
urgedpanda

Postby Isaak » Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:06 pm

Can you explain a bit further?
Last edited by Isaak on Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Want to support medical research with your pc? Start Folding at Home and join team FlightGear!
Isaak

Callsign: OO-ISA
Version: 2019.1.1

Postby urgedpanda » Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:08 pm

in real life, every piece of flaps is pitched further down than the one behind it.
you can clearly see that flaps are made of multiple pieces right?
urgedpanda

Postby Isaak » Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:29 pm

I think this image looks quite similar, doesn't it? Do you have the latest version of the 777 installed? Because some time ago we did a few modifications to the flap operation.

Google:

FlightGear:

I know a lot of work still waits to be done, the model could be upgraded a lot, but the basic position of the control surfaces doesn't look too far off in my opinion. If you have some modelling skills: please feel free to contribute!
Want to support medical research with your pc? Start Folding at Home and join team FlightGear!
Isaak

Postby urgedpanda » Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:44 pm

thanks, it turns out I don't have the latest version and I will try, as a personal project, to add some details in the cockpit ( no guarantee tho)
urgedpanda

Postby Lincoln » Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:11 am

I just want to thank the 777 developpers for this beautyfull bird.
Currently flying the 737-800YV / MD-11-GE / 747-400

GE90-115B for life!

Follow me to the sun on SXS98X!

LincolnWorks discord!
Lincoln

Callsign: ATC_Lcn/RM01/SXS98X

Postby Isaak » Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:41 am

Many of them are not active anymore, but thanks for your encouragement (for the little part that I did :) ). Anyone wanting to contribute: please feel free, I do realise that I've not booked a lot of progress in the last six months due to time shortage and there's so much left o do :)
Isaak

Postby sidi762 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:10 pm

Hi Issak,

Thanks for your effort on this 777! You did a great job coordinating the development progress.

What I have in mind now is to build up a team, ideally still lead by you, and create a GitHub(or git-whatever) repository so that every team member could afford some of the workload (and make people like me who is able to do some small improvements but unable to carry the entire development due to limited time, to submit their work easier).

I do have some stuff here that hasn't sent to you yet such as adjustments on reflection (as shown in my SOTM entry). I didn't send them to you is because maybe not everyone will like it and it's such a tiny change that I think it is a waste of your time to take care of them. But with PRs, I can submit my changes there and people can discuss it.

What do you think?

Kind regards,
Sidi
sidi762

Callsign: DAG0762
Version: 2018.3.4

Postby NewsDude » Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:54 pm

I'm sure that this has been said before, but the 777 is one of my favorite aircraft to fly in FlightGear.

I just wanted to give my thanks to all of the developers who have worked on the Seattle project. You guys have all done a marvelous job on this aircraft.
NewsDude

Postby Isaak » Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:03 am

Hi Sidi,

Glad to hear from you, sorry for replying so late. I've been trying to set up a git repository, but since I 've never set up a repo myself I didn't manage to get the bridge to fgaddon working, so I was thinking of using an SVN repo instead. Ideally I would like to have some sort of automation between the development repo and FGaddon, to avoid having to apply everything with patches (off course a review systems is important to avoid committing non-GPL stuff or bugs). How do you think of that? I 'll try to finally set it up tomorrow, as I guess I'll have quite some time during Cross The Pond :) If I don't succeed tomorrow, please feel free to come up with an alternative. Lars (who did quite some work on the 777 lately) and Walter (who was contributing a holding logic) are waiting for far too long for it too, so we might be able to get quite the crowd together :)

Kind regards,

Isaak
Isaak

Postby sidi762 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:42 pm

Hi Issak,

Thanks! I'm not sure about SVN, I don't have any experience with it but I think it shouldn't be too hard for me to learn. In general, I think there shouldn't be any problems for me.

And just a quick thought, maybe something like a discord server could help a little too?

Kind regards,
Sidi
sidi762

Postby Isaak » Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:54 pm

Hi Sidi,

I sent you a message about the repo, it's finally put up here. I didn't get the Git-svn bridge working after 3 hours of trying, so I decided to abandon that path and move on with SVN. It's very similar in use to Git, so I 'm sure you'll get a hold of it fast.

If anyone else is interested in contributing, please don't hesitate to contact me (here or via PM).

Kind regards,

Isaak
Isaak

Postby Hazuki » Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:28 am

During the cruise altitude (at or above FL300), I experienced an annoying bug (I guess?) that the A/T switches between IAS and MACH (i.e. back and forth). What conditions trigger the switch? And any one experiences when switching back from MACH to IAS, the speed becomes '000'? The involuntary switching to 0 speed makes the place crash if I away from keyboard.

I was using the latest SVN with Route Manager (LANV) enabled. Thanks.
Hazuki

Callsign: Quofei
IRC name: Hazuki

Postby sidi762 » Sun Apr 12, 2020 2:12 am

Hi Hazuki,

Guessing you're using the nighty version (or 2019.1? I'm not sure), It's related to a route manager change last year. It's a known issue but I guess people have forgotten about it... I will report this to the mailing list soon.

For now, you can set your cruising speed in the route manager to avoid speed dropping to 000.

Kind regards,
Sidi
sidi762

PreviousNext

Return to Aircraft