Board index FlightGear Development Aircraft

Announcing NEW Boeing 777 'Seattle' - Pre-Release

Questions and discussion about creating aircraft. Flight dynamics, 3d models, cockpits, systems, animation, textures.

Re: Announcing NEW Boeing 777 'Seattle' - Pre-Release

Postby legoboyvdlp » Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:26 pm

Hi Isaak,

I'm using the 777-200ER.

I was lightly loaded (for a 777) as I was only flying five hours - so I went right to FL370.

I dont think 18000lb / h can be right as I was more than 30000lb short.

Fuel consumption for the 777-200ER varies with engine type but for a PW powered aircraft at 648,000lbs MTOW 14,400lb/h, a Trent 892 powered aircraft at 656,000lbs uses 14,600lb/h, and a GE90-94B powered 777-200ER burns 14,200lb/h at the higher MTOW.

All the fuel consumption rates are initial cruise fuel burn rates after taking off at certified MTOW.

That sounds about right as I'd be about 25000lbs short with an extra 4000lb/h after five hours. But I would expect it to reduce through the flight, of course.

I didn't seem to notice the fuel consumption reducing as the flight went on. I was at about nearly maximum N1 the whole time to maintain speed. I wonder is drag adjusted by weight in yasim?
legoboyvdlp

Callsign: G-LEGO
Version: next

Postby AAL545 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:31 am

Do you fill in the cruise speed and level in the Route Manager?

Well I'll be, when I upload the route in the RM the cruise speed drops to zero, I have never noticed this, so I set it back to 320 KTS and I was able to complete my flight without an issue, this must be new!!!!!
Thank you for asking the right questions.

I still don't understand why my thrust reverser is slow to respond?

AAL4955
AAL545

Postby legoboyvdlp » Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:14 am

I also noticed it dropping to 0 knots; it only happened after I hit the button to transfer to Mach mode.
legoboyvdlp

Postby legoboyvdlp » Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:38 pm

Isaak, also, the KHZ knob on the radio panels isn't working; I can only change the MHZ (and 100khz intervals using shift).
legoboyvdlp

Postby AAL545 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:40 am

Is it possible to implement a moving map on the ND or the side monitor to show where I am on the taxi way, or would this kill the frame rate?

The way I am doing it now is to enable fgfs --httpd=8080 in additional settings in the launcher and then under Equipment/ Map (opens map in browser)
this works but a word of caution, you can grab your aircraft with the mouse and move it, bad idea when on multiplayer. (This should be changed, especially when flying with MP on!)

AAL4955
AAL545

Postby Isaak » Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:53 am

Hi all, I'm reading along, but won't be able to do something before maybe two weeks from now.

@AAL545: Please post any issues regarding the Phi map in it's own topic, as I doubt that Torsten will find your feature request here. I'm afraid I don't have the skills yet to provide a moving map. I like the idea, but my coding skills are very basic and I doubt that I 'll be able to do it soon. I think there are two approaches: include a database of maps with the 777 or require a connection with the network to download e.g. OSM maps or Navigraph (when you have a subscription) on the go. The idea is good, but I wouldn't know how to start working it out and I don't have the time atm to dig into it.

@legoboy: which FG version are you using? I use the radio knobs continuously (when flying on VATSIM) and didn't have issues up to today with them.

Regarding the Speed issues: I think something changed in the RM code between 2018.3 and 2019.1 that reset the default cruise speed to 0 (at least on startup). I 'll try to find a way to override this aircraft side, but as said before: it won't be anytime soon. Please check if the cruise speed is still set in the RM when you encounter issues for the time being.

Kind regards,

Isaak
Want to support medical research with your pc? Start Folding at Home and join team FlightGear!
Isaak

Callsign: OO-ISA
Version: 2019.1.1

Postby legoboyvdlp » Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:16 am

Ok.

I am on 2019.2.1; the 777 I updated yesterday.
legoboyvdlp

Postby legoboyvdlp » Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:54 pm

Isaak:

I'm afraid I'm not seeing the KHZ knob working?

I also get a warning: "Please connect baggage truck first" when trying to load baggage.
legoboyvdlp

Postby Isaak » Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:57 pm

legoboyvdlp wrote in Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:54 pm:Isaak:

I'm afraid I'm not seeing the KHZ knob working?

I also get a warning: "Please connect baggage truck first" when trying to load baggage.

Hi Jonathan: Regarding the knob animation. This is super strange, I never had a bug with it, it works perfectly as expected on my side with the bottom knob modifying the stdby frequency in the smallest increment, BUT there's indeed no animation for the Tun1.knob (the bottom part of the tuning knob) so it should not be able to do this! Also it doesn't light up with Ctrl-C as you're showing. I 'm correcting atm, will commit the change shortly. Sorry for the inconvenience. I'm totally confused why it does what it should on my side without the animation even defined... weird!

On the baggage loading: you have to connect at least one baggage truck to let the baggage loading start, I should implement an override for e.g. in flight weight adjustments, but didn't provide this yet. This means that you have to be parked with a baggage truck when you want to load/unload baggage for the moment (the baggage trucks disconnect automatically when your ground speed is greater than 0). Sorry for any inconvenience!
Want to support medical research with your pc? Start Folding at Home and join team FlightGear!
Isaak

Postby legoboyvdlp » Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:34 pm

I had both check boxes enabled though - not quite sure what happened?

Anyway, other than these minor things really good job to you (and sidi as well for the CDU) - it's a lot better than it was and definitely enjoying flying it these past few days!
legoboyvdlp

Postby Isaak » Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:52 pm

Don't forget Josh for the splendid work on the AP/FBW ;)

Radio knob animation changes are almost done, I've also corrected the behaviour when you select another than the default radio stack (e.g. you want to modify comm[1] with the left radio stack). Only issue I still have is that I'm reluctant to modify another radio unit when you change a frequency. E.g. if I activate VHF L on both the left and center radio units, and I modify the standby frequency on the left unit, should the center panel standby display get modified accordingly or not? I'm not sure if it behaves like that IRL. It does behave a bit strange atm, so it's not perfect, but if anyone can point me to some documentation describing this scenario I 'll modify the animation files accordingly :)

edit: can you describe the baggage loading bug a bit more detailed? It shouldn't behave like that because the nasal code simply checks for the 2 properties of the baggage loading trucks (be aware that these are not the same as the catering trucks, also the catering trucks have to be fully raised (it takes some time) to be able to (un)load catering trolleys. I've also just seen that there's still a small bug in the catering loading logic, it consistently loads 1 cart too much. Always more to do :p
Isaak

Postby legoboyvdlp » Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:24 am

Ok - thanks!

Hmm - the only scenario I can think of was that the PUI checkbox showed that it was checked but never actually changed the property? I've seen that before. I'll check on the next flight!

STANDBY Frequency Window
Displays the preselected or previously tuned frequency of the selected
radio.
With data link installed, displays data when selection of the frequency
transfer switch would reconfigure the selected radio to the DATA mode (not
applicable for VHF L).

I think as its associates with the selected radio, not the panel, it would make more sense if it changed the standby frequency; the manual isn't particularly clear so it might be a good candidate for checking to see what other simulator platforms did :)
legoboyvdlp

Postby AAL545 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:44 am

Is it normal that the traffic diamond on the ND are not solid when in the air and solid when on the ground.
They are a little hard to see and sometimes I almost miss them. The lines should be more bold or solid white that they are easier to see because traffic in the air is more important then on the ground.

AAL4955
AAL545

Postby merspieler » Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:20 am

The color and shape depends on the distance and seperation (part of the TCAS).
Diamond border: traffic is far away
Filled diamond: traffic near by but no conflict
Amber square: Traffic Alert (TA)
Red Circle: Traffic close enough to trigger Resolution Advisory (RA)
Last edited by merspieler on Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Love at first flight A<380
Attempting an osm2city worldbuild... Coming to YOUR terrasync....... when ever they start pulling it in, so go nag them on the mailing list (I totally didn't say that)!
Take the August 2020 Flightgear Community Survey
merspieler

Callsign: JST935. ORI1711
IRC name: merspieler

Postby AAL545 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:03 pm

The color and shape depends on the distance and seperation (part of the TCAS).
Diamond border: traffic is far away
Filled diamond: traffic near by but no conflict
Amber square: Traffic Alert (TA)
Amber Circle: Traffic close enough to trigger Resolution Advisory (RA)

Okay thanks

AAL4955
AAL545

PreviousNext

Return to Aircraft