Board index FlightGear Development Aircraft

Announcing NEW Boeing 777 'Seattle' - Pre-Release

Questions and discussion about creating aircraft. Flight dynamics, 3d models, cockpits, systems, animation, textures.

Re: Announcing NEW Boeing 777 'Seattle' - Pre-Release

Postby Isaak » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:45 am

I'll ask on the dev list. Does this happen all the time with the 777 or was it a one time issue? I think manually removing the 777 directory from the org.flightgear folder in your FlightGear download folder (which you can choose in the settings menu if I'm not mistaken), might solve issues with corrupted local files, which seems to be the case here. After a manual deletion the FlightGear launcher will ask to download it again. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Want to support medical research with your pc? Start Folding at Home and join team FlightGear!
Isaak

Pronouns: he, him
Callsign: OO-ISA
Version: next

Postby nimrod402001 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:53 am

It happens all the time with the 777 since the major update to it which gave all the new ground support and fuel truck control menus. I will try looking for the 77 directory in org.flightgear folder and trying your suggestion. Tq for your help, much appreciated
nimrod402001

Postby wkitty42 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:35 pm

nimrod402001 wrote in Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:31 am:I was asking if anyone knows what may be causing the installation error when using "update"

not yet we don't... we need more information but that probably needs to come from more diagnostic messages being logged in the launcher... i'll try to remember to bring this up on the mailing list so we can see more details of the update process and what happens at each stage...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby nimrod402001 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:21 pm

tq. I really respect all of your efforts
nimrod402001

Postby Isaak » Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:43 pm

For your information: James (core developer of the launcher - and a lot of other stuff :p) was already aware of the issue and has found a cause. This should get fixed in an upcoming version of FlightGear, but I 've asked what can help you to overcome the issue with your current installation. You can check the ticket here.

edit: he responded already :) Follow these steps:

- Open your FlightGear download folder (you can find that in the launcher, under settings: expand the section with the 'download scenery' settings; the default folder is in documents)
- Within that folder, navigate to Aircraft/org.flightgear.fgaddon.trunk
- Delete the catalog.xml file
- Close FlightGear/the launcher if it's open and restart FlightGear

Normally, FlightGear should rebuild the catalog and you should be able to update/remove aircraft like before.

If that doesn't work, you can delete the 777 folder in Aircraft/org.flightgear.fgaddon.trunk/Aircraft. FlightGear will then redownload the aircraft.
Want to support medical research with your pc? Start Folding at Home and join team FlightGear!
Isaak

Postby NorthSnow » Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:03 pm

I use FG 2019.2.0

777 do not work in this version, when start I see dialog window with this text: "YASim flight dynamics problem:Solution failed to converge! The aircraft may not fly correctly".
NorthSnow

Version: 2020.3.0

Postby merspieler » Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:54 pm

Am I the only one who gets an annoying high pitch sound as so as I turn on the BAT?

Another thing (i think I've mentioned that before) is that on the -300 versions the MLG get's locked and doesn't tilt on rotation (see this video)

btw. I love, how the strobes and beacon shines on the ground
Nia (you&, she/her)

Please use gender neutral terms when referring to a group of people!

Be the change you wish to see in the world, be an ally to all!

Join the official matrix space
merspieler

Pronouns: you&, she/her
Callsign: you&, she/her
IRC name: merspieler

Postby wkitty42 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:19 pm

high pitch sound? sounds like gyros spun up?

the c172p has similar... some people can hear it; others not so much...

i'm loading the 777-200 from FGAddon right now... will try the 777-300, too...

[edit]
yes, i hear the whine... as above, i'm thinking it may be gyros...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
wkitty42

Postby wkitty42 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:07 pm

i'm trying to figure out where these two errors are coming from and it they're rooted in the instrumentation.xml file links...
Code: Select all
   98.58 [INFO]:cockpit   /home/myuser/flightgear-dev/next/flightgear/src/Cockpit/cockpitDisplayManager.cxx:68: Reading cockpit displays from Path "/home/myuser/flightgear-dev/fgaddon-ng/Aircraft/777/Systems/instrumentation.xml"
   98.63 [ALRT]:io        /home/myuser/flightgear-dev/next/simgear/simgear/scene/model/ModelRegistry.cxx:289: Cannot find image file ""
   98.63 [ALRT]:io        /home/myuser/flightgear-dev/next/simgear/simgear/scene/model/ModelRegistry.cxx:289: Cannot find image file ""

grep isn't turning up anything but some textures are specified with multi-line definitions instead of being all on one line which makes it much harder to find anomalies like this :/
eg:
easy to find:
<texture>blahblah</texture>

hard to find:
<texture>
    blahblah
</texture>
"Why not?" said Gurder.
wkitty42

Postby merspieler » Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:22 pm

I don't hear anything on the c172p

On the B777 it's very annoying and even louder than the engines.

Compare:
RL
FG

So it seems to be accurate... difference is, that it should turn on, when the APU provides main power, not when just the BAT's on. (tho it seems like that BAT provides main pwr in FG)

I'm going crazy with that noise... would be nice to turn it off... even if thats unrealistic
Nia (you&, she/her)

Please use gender neutral terms when referring to a group of people!

Be the change you wish to see in the world, be an ally to all!

Join the official matrix space
merspieler

Pronouns: you&, she/her
Callsign: you&, she/her
IRC name: merspieler

Postby wkitty42 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:51 am

merspieler wrote in Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:22 pm:I don't hear anything on the c172p

it is definitely there... very low but there... if you use headphones, turn them up and you can hear it...
i only know about it because there was discussion about it on the c172p dev bug tracker... i couldn't hear it either but now that i know what to listen for, i can hear it...

merspieler wrote in Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:22 pm:On the B777 it's very annoying and even louder than the engines.

i heard it without the engines... not sure if i still hear it with them running or not, though...

merspieler wrote in Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:22 pm:So it seems to be accurate... difference is, that it should turn on, when the APU provides main power, not when just the BAT's on. (tho it seems like that BAT provides main pwr in FG)

sounds like something that might warrant a fix ;)

merspieler wrote in Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:22 pm:I'm going crazy with that noise... would be nice to turn it off... even if thats unrealistic

i dunno how... sorry...
"Why not?" said Gurder.
wkitty42

Postby sidi762 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:51 am

Hi all,

I did some improvements to the 777 during the past few days, including cockpit light tweaking, correction on flaps animation and optimization to the EFB.

preview:

The EFB code is not very flexible so I decided not to add any new features to it. I did optimize it a bit with ValKmjolnir and hunt down a few bugs though.

I've sent the cockpit patch to Issak already, but he didn't reply to the pm, perhaps busy dealing with RL stuff. I will send the flap and EFB shortly.

Kind regards,
Sidi
sidi762

Callsign: DAG0762
Version: 2020.3.18

Postby Isaak » Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:27 am

Hi Sidi, thanks for your work! I'm still busy in RL indeeed, but I'll commit your work as soon as possible.
Isaak

Postby legoboyvdlp » Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:02 pm

Was this change intended:

<property>fcs/fbw/yoke-aileron</property>
-        <factor>60</factor>
+
+        <property>controls/flight/aileron</property>
+        <factor>30</factor>

-        <property>fcs/fbw/yoke-elevator</property>
+
+        <property>controls/flight/elevator</property>

?
legoboyvdlp

Callsign: G-LEGO

Postby Isaak » Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:14 pm

Hmm, seems like a mistake I overlooked. It's important that control inputs go via the fcs. I 'll revert those changes. Thanks for spotting them!
Isaak

PreviousNext

Return to Aircraft