Board index FlightGear Development Aircraft

Announcing NEW Boeing 777 'Seattle' - Pre-Release

Questions and discussion about creating aircraft. Flight dynamics, 3d models, cockpits, systems, animation, textures.

Re: Announcing NEW Boeing 777 'Seattle' - Pre-Release

Postby Isaak » Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:11 am

Hi Jonathan, that's a good idea! I'll look into it!

I might have remembered the beacon wrong, was typing from memory ;-)
Want to support medical research with your pc? Start Folding at Home and join team FlightGear!
Isaak

Pronouns: he, him
Callsign: OO-ISA
Version: next

Postby Isaak » Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:37 am

A quick update on the 777, a new version will come online tomorrow:

Passenger boarding

I have improved the weight & payload dialog, allowing to enable jetways for doors 1 and 2. This will not move the AI jetways in range, as it is impossible to detect which jetways are the right ones (detecting the nearest ones is not the right way to go, as the nearest jetway can e.g. be the jetway from the gate to your right). This will however enable you to board realistically when connected to multiple jetways and when you don't want to connect stairs to increase the boarding speed. The 300 series aircraft will receive a 4th staircase on door 3 (the one behind the wing). This will allow you to board even faster.

The boarding system has also been improved in a number of ways:
- Pax can only board when one or more stairs or jetways are connected.
- First class passengers will only board via door 1 (the front door), unless no jetway or staircase is connected to that door. In that case they will board via door 2. They will never board via the rear door(s).
- Business class passengers will only board via door 1 and 2, never via the rear door(s)
- Economy class passengers will only board via door 2 and 3, unless no jetway or staircase is connected to those doors. In that case they will board via door 1.
- If you only enable the stairs for door 3 and/or 4, the system will tell you that business and first class pax are unable to board. The boarding process will stop and the system will ask you to connect a staircase or jetway to door 1 or 2.

Weight & payload + fuel truck dialog

These dialogs have received a time remaining field, so you can monitor the progress. Please be aware that the time remaining for passenger boarding can vary, as the system adds pax quite randomly and because of the boarding constraints above it can happen that the boarding process goes faster/slower depending on how efficient the passengers come aboard. This is a challenge in real life too, so not too bad I guess :) Of course the baggage loading and refueling time will be correct.

Baggage loading

If all goes well, extra catering trucks will be added to all passenger versions. The catering trucks will allow you to load a small amount of cabin cargo (food trolleys etc.), making the boarding/loading process a tad more interesting.

Other updates and bug fixes

- Fixed reference to fire truck models (they were broken in the last commit)
- Fixed bad property referencing that could possibly pollute the property tree of other pilots when flying online (I 'm learning as I go :) )
- Added some more screenshots to make the launcher a bit more interesting
- Possibility to keep the weight and ground services persistent, so you startup in the same config as you exited the sim.
- If I still have time: add a dynamic taxi light (see the previous page of this thread)
Want to support medical research with your pc? Start Folding at Home and join team FlightGear!
Isaak

Postby Mihajlo » Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:22 pm

I wasn't sure where to report this, so I hope this is the right place. In latest version (correct model references) external views are messed up (don't know if other views are OK). Pressing LWing gives me right pilot seat view from above (not sure what it's called), pressing RWing gives me left wing view and pressing tail view now gives me right wing view.
Mihajlo

Postby Isaak » Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:35 pm

Hmm I didn't touch anything of that and the handy viewer works as expected here. Did you disable some views in view/view options?

Short update: I 'm finishing the new catering truck code and should be able to commit the update this evening. Sorry for anyone who is waiting for it :)
Isaak

Postby Mihajlo » Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:52 pm

I've disabled Chase View, Tower View, Tower View Look From, Model View. The views were fine before with these disabled. Maybe it's something FG related. I did update to a newer nightly build yesterday. My FG version is 2019.2.0 build 3428.
Mihajlo

Postby merspieler » Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:00 pm

there has been some new code in fg regarding view... see mailinglist for details
Nia (you&, she/her)

Please use gender neutral terms when referring to a group of people!

Be the change you wish to see in the world, be an ally to all!

Join the official matrix space
merspieler

Pronouns: you&, she/her
Callsign: you&, she/her
IRC name: merspieler

Postby Mihajlo » Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:17 pm

I've downloaded a previous version of 777 and the result is the same so it's something FG related. I'll report this to the mailing list.
Mihajlo

Postby Isaak » Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:42 pm

Thanks for checking it out!

Regarding the 777 update: I came across some issues, I 'll have to delay the release again until Monday.
Isaak

Postby Thecaptain » Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:50 pm

Hi,

Where to download the plane ?

Regards,
Thecaptain

Postby legoboyvdlp » Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:56 pm

Get it directly in the launcher or from fgaddon (via SVN or flightgear.org) - not in any circumstances from FGMEMBERS since that one is now outdated without the new fly by wire.
legoboyvdlp

Callsign: G-LEGO

Postby Thecaptain » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:09 pm

Thanks a lot,

A great pleasure to fly with it !

Can't wait for more !

Best regards,
Thecaptain

Postby Icarus (Greek Wings) » Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:02 pm

Hi Isaak,

Sorry for bothering you again... I had asked you if it's possible to add set idle thrust command to 777 (I mean set thrust to idle by pressing a single key on keyboard) and you told me yes it is and you'd figure it out. It's been a long time and I was not given an answer. Maybe you forgot it or you didn't have the time to do so. So, have you checked it? Can you add this feature? I believe it's a vital function that should not be missing from 777! Really helpful on landing!

Looking forward to hearing from you.

*UPDATE: After dozens of trials I figured out that when autothrottle is on, thrust is being automatically set to idle at 40ft (during landing). It seems that this funtion is integrated in 777's system. Thus, my request isn't that urgent. But still, should you have the time, it would be wonderful if you could add that feature I mentioned above. Having full control on landing (both autopilot and autothrottle off) would be much more realistic and fascinating.

Regards,
George
Dominate heights!
Icarus (Greek Wings)

Version: 2019.1.1

Postby Isaak » Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:01 pm

Hi Icarus,

Thanks for the reminder, I completely forgot of course ;) I've just implemented it and used the e-key as do the IDG planes. When autothrottle is on, a e-key press will idle the throttle using the autothrottle logic, otherwise it will just idle the throttle levers for you :) I should finally be able to commit the update today, it's 40°C outside at my place, and that combined with unexpected troubles at work and some difficult bugs I had to get out of my code delayed the release. Now I am almost ready :)

Another update: I will probably do 2 commits today: sidi762 has provided an update to the CDU that I will also commit today :)

edit: everything is getting committed to FGaddon trunk as I'm typing now

edit 2: I forgot to mention the e-key addition in the commit log, but don't worry, it's there ;)
Isaak

Postby sidi762 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:22 pm

When autothrottle is on, a e-key press will idle the throttle using the autothrottle logic,

Hi Issak,

I suggest not to add this behavior. It'll make more sense if the A/T would be cut with this e-key press as the pilot manually idle the throttle so that the behavior will be more consistent.

Just my two cents. :wink:

Kind regards,
Sidi
sidi762

Callsign: DAG0762
Version: 2020.3.18

Postby Octal450 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:30 pm

Isaak,
Sidi is right!
Do NOT have the A/T change the autothrottle mode - that will cause severe problems with the autoflight system. A/T tightly connected to APFD.

Instead, just have it switch off A/T and then idle it.

Be very careful with modifying A/P related stuff - it is much more complex than might be expected ;)

Kind Regards,
Josh
Skillset: JSBsim Flight Dynamics, Systems, Canvas, Autoflight/Control, Instrumentation, Animations
Aircraft: A320-family, MD-11, MD-80, Contribs in a few others

Octal450's GitHub|Launcher Catalog
|Airbus Dev Discord|Octal450 Hangar Dev Discord
Octal450

Callsign: WTF411

PreviousNext

Return to Aircraft