Board index FlightGear Development Aircraft

Announcing NEW Boeing 777 'Seattle' - Pre-Release

Questions and discussion about creating aircraft. Flight dynamics, 3d models, cockpits, systems, animation, textures.

Re: Announcing NEW Boeing 777 'Seattle' - Pre-Release

Postby legoboyvdlp » Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:09 am

Use this link:
http://mirrors.ibiblio.org/flightgear/f ... nk/777.zip

The link you have will only be updated at the next FlightGear release.
legoboyvdlp

Callsign: G-LEGO
Version: next

Postby wkitty42 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:26 pm

unless i'm mistaken (which is possible) the update script only copies to the mirrors when a release (candidate?) is cut... do you really want WIP updates sent to the mirrors and causing breakage to other FGers' simulators? this is why there are development repositories that one can pull from and use in their custom craft directory...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby yanfiz » Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:45 pm

Thank you legoboyvdlp and wkitty42.

wkitty42, If I recall correctly, updating aircrafts in that stable repository was skipped for FlightGear 2018.3.
yanfiz

Postby legoboyvdlp » Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:24 pm

Wkitty, you are correct for standard mirrors,, but aircraft-trunk pulls from FGaddon.
legoboyvdlp

Callsign: G-LEGO

Postby WoodSTokk » Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:29 pm

Also Aircraft-2018 pulls from FGaddon 2018 branch (/fgaddon/HEAD/tree/branches/release-2018.3/).
I have updated the Navion in trunk and 2018 and i see that also other developers update into 2018.
So, if a developer is absolutely sure that the update doesn't break the compatibility, he/she can also push the update into release-2018.

EDIT:
I actually see that the other developer is 'isaakd' and the aircraft is '777' (6 days ago).
WoodSTokk

Callsign: SX-W57
IRC name: WoodSTokk
Version: 2020.4.0

Postby Isaak » Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:41 pm

Hi there, normally I only push to trunk, but since I was sure that my recent updates were stable (tested thoroughly in 2018.3.2), I decided to push to 2018.3, as most users are still using that since 2019.1 is not yet released. I 'm not planning on pushing more updates to 2018.3, since the most important updates have been made. I will however push stable updates to 2019.1 so that the broad FG public can enjoy improvements to the 777 once 2019.1 is released.

On a side note: As the release branches are pulled from trunk I only push stable updates to trunk too, otherwise the 777 would break once a new FG release is out. I wouldn't want to be responsible for that kind of issues :)

Thanks all for your commitment!
Want to support medical research with your pc? Start Folding at Home and join team FlightGear!
Isaak

Pronouns: he, him
Callsign: OO-ISA

Postby vnts » Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:38 pm

legoboyvdlp wrote in Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:55 am:If the 777 was made GPL v3 I'm not quite sure but I think you could release your model as CC-BY-SA 4.0 which would force people to attribute you.

But I'm not entirely sure if making it GPLv3 would be possible given its presently GPLv2?

(Have not read the thread & don't have full context..)

Just about licensing: My (current,limited) understanding is new contributions under a new license is fine if the entire chain of previous contributors give permission. AIUI creators own rights to their portions of contributions and can release under multiple licenses as long as they're not bound by upstream conditions. If other sims taking 3d work is an issue, maybe it's ok to re-license 3d model such that aircraft systems, FDM, or even core engine has to be a free-software-license too (won't help with scam)? Not a lawyer, so should check with Flightgear's repository people if this is the case.

(offtopic) Clicking on the "flightgear" tag shows the publication mentioned FG in an article recently about Helis where they also talked to Helisimmer:
https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2018/1 ... nsibility/

Kind regards, vnts
vnts

Postby Isaak » Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:40 pm

Hi all,

The last couple of days I 've been doing a lot of work on ground services. This means that I can present these two screenshots today, and will be committing all the changes to FGaddon on Friday.

So I guess it's only an hour or so, but I 'm tired as hell atm but still did want to show you something, because I'm proud of it. Everything is still in PUI, as I 'm only now getting to know both Blender, model animation and the gui, but the plan is to come up with a nice canvas solution rather soon.

bird perspective - The full pack enabled and all relevant dialogs open.
frog perspective - idem

The full pack contains:
- Fuel Truck (already released, but more improved) with refueling/tank draining logic
- Stairs with passenger (de)boarding logic - the more stairs you enable, the faster the passengers will board the aircraft :)
- Baggage trucks with belly cargo (de)boarding logic - the amount of baggage trucks influences the baggage loading rate
- External power ground cart with 2 connectors for the primary and secondary system.
- Catering truck which doesn't do anything but being nice and having a nice fluent up-down-movement to align with the 2nd door
- gear chocks that keep your plane in place, even with the parking brake off.
- all ground equipment but the fuel truck is clickable to interact with it.
- the nasal code is completely rewritten from the 787 systems, so it doesn't use any resources when the aircraft is not on the ground.
- all the ground equipment reacts to gear compression, so that it doesn't sink underground when you're loading up pax, cargo and fuel :)

Things I still have to do:
- modify the stairs to fit the 200-series aircraft (that's max 10 minutes of work)
- enable the posibility to alter the look of the stairs via a dialog (that's some more work, I still need to find out how to dynamically create a dialog that lets you pick a texture, much like the livery system. If anyone can point me in the right direction, that would help me a lot.)
- enable all ground equipment on all types (except the 200F, that one will of course only get the relevant ground equipment). (that's only 15 minutes of work, most of the work has been done.
- add illumination etc. to the materials. (I've never done that before, so this could take some time, but we'll see :) )

I hope I 'll be making some people happy :) I've learned a lot in the last couple of days and really enjoy it! Please feel free to give any feedback, I 'm learning as I go and I can use feedback to improve even further :)
Want to support medical research with your pc? Start Folding at Home and join team FlightGear!
Isaak

Postby yanfiz » Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:12 am

It seems so exciting! :shock: Thank you very much. Thanks to all developers, Bel Isaak, legoboyvdlp, it0uchpods, sidi762, ... who recreated it!
yanfiz

Postby Isaak » Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:44 pm

Announcing the next big update to the 777, just committed to FGaddon:

- Add functional ground services: chocks, external power, fuel truck, baggage truck, stairs, catering truck.
- Add realistic (de)boarding and (un)loading logic, pui menu for the moment, but I will port to a canvas menu once I get more familiar with that.
- Improve refueling logic
- All ground equipment is clickable to disable it.
- Clicking on the catering truck box raises/lowers it. Clicking on the catering truck itself disables it.
- Clicking on one of the power cables disables the respective power cable. Clicking on the power box disables the power box.
- Disabled the old fuel and payload dialog, because it conflicts with the new weight & payload dialog (see 777 menu). All functionality has been ported.
- Add static friction to the gears (doesn't give issues with 2018.3.2, but will only have effect in 2019.1.1+)
- Add new KLM-300-series liveries by Lars0817
- Update checklists for ground services

Please give me any feedback you want, it helps me a lot to improve my work.

Everything has been tested and retested and should come without any bugs. If you do encounter an issue though, please post it here so I can look into it. I've modified a lot of files and made sure I kept track of everything I touched, but I also am a human and can make mistakes.

I have one question: I wanted to get a nicer solution to select the appearance of the stairs (777 menu > weight & payload > stairs appearance), but I didn't know how to start this. If anyone can point me in the right direction of getting a nicer dialog without the ugly .png's in the name, please do!

Still on my todo-list:
- 200F: model real freight loader, at the moment the normal baggage truck connect in the wrong place.
- improve strobe & beacon lights rhythm
- add de-icing (both the truck, animation and impact on flight characteristics)
- add state system (cold & dark, ready for boarding, ready to taxi, ready for takeoff...)

and still further down on the list:
- model opening passenger/cargo doors
- implement influence on C/G
- improve fuel dump logic

I hope you enjoy my work!
Isaak

Postby sidi762 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:53 am

Thanks for your incredible work! My CDU branch has just synced with it. (link below )
https://gitlab.com/sidi762/FG777CDUimprovementProject

Unfortunately, we haven't made any progress since last two month or so, but this project is certainly not abandoned. Leo Lee who is doing this CDU with me will be back in June, after his High school Entrance Examination, and I will probably have more time after June of 2020, after my National College Entrance Exam.

Best regards,
Sidi
sidi762

Callsign: DAG0762
Version: 2020.3.18

Postby Isaak » Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:16 am

Hi sidi, I completely understand. Take all the time you need ;-)

I don't know if you saw this topic, but you might want to get in contact with Walter to help each other integrating the holding logic in the hold page of the cdu, if you want to and have the time for it. This week Walter and I will start a repo to work together on the 777. Let me know if you want to play a role in that!

Kind regards,

Isaak
Isaak

Postby sidi762 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:42 am

Hi Issak,

Yeah, I've seen that and I've actually joined the discussion already :wink:

And yes, that will be great! Thanks for inviting us to your team! :D

Kind regards,
Sidi
sidi762

Callsign: DAG0762
Version: 2020.3.18

Postby V12 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:02 pm

I tested 777 downloaded from http://mirrors.ibiblio.org/flightgear/f ... nk/777.zip. Flying reasonable good, but has tendency to autorotate. Trim doesn't work, full manual flight is tiresome. I can't display VOR indicator on ND, only ADF. Aircraft has too powerfull brakes, I repeated test on Edwards AFB and meassured braking time from 180 kts to full stop with result 16 seconds, it is almost 6 m/s2 deceleration and braking distance 750 meters. Developers, please check static and dynamic frictions.
Fly high, fly fast - fly Concorde !
V12

Callsign: BAWV12

Postby Octal450 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:36 pm

Can't, it's yasim.
Skillset: JSBsim Flight Dynamics, Systems, Canvas, Autoflight/Control, Instrumentation, Animations
Aircraft: A320-family, MD-11, MD-80, Contribs in a few others

Octal450's GitHub|Launcher Catalog
|Airbus Dev Discord|Octal450 Hangar Dev Discord
Octal450

Callsign: WTF411

PreviousNext

Return to Aircraft