Board index FlightGear Development Aircraft

Airbus A350XWB Development

Questions and discussion about creating aircraft. Flight dynamics, 3d models, cockpits, systems, animation, textures.

Re: Airbus A350XWB Development

Postby legoboyvdlp » Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:45 pm

If you did, it is most certainly ancient scenery.
To prove this please use the UFO and show me a picure of EGKK showing taxiways.

Thanks...
legoboyvdlp

Callsign: G-LEGO
Version: next

Postby swwon » Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:25 pm

I guess the confusion is when I installed v2016.1.1 I see a lot of new detail in cities and scenery that I didn't see before, (KATL used to be bare with nothing, now there's terminals and traffic) I assumed that's "newer terrain/airport?). I have a lot of custom scenery installed in the various "objects" and "terrain" folders also. The development Heathrow Airport for example, the A350 still showed halfway underground.. I can't post pics right now, posting from my phone. At any rate, how do I get the "latest" scenery?
swwon

Version: 2016.2.1

Postby legoboyvdlp » Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:17 pm

Use two paths:

C:/Users/Swwon/Documents/FlightGear/TerraSync
I reccomend TerraMaster; set the path to this, select the tiles, and hit he green sync button.

C:/Users/Swwon/Documents/FlightGear/CustomScenery
Download any custom sceneries here -- do not merge into Objects or Terrain.

For example in this hypothetical folder, I would have
|-CustomScenery
|------SVMI
|------EGLL
|------RJBB
|------XXXX

Finally, use FGRUN, which is still in FlightGear 2016.1/bin and then on the first page, before the aircraft selection page, set up scenery paths on demand.

Like if I am going to do a flight from KMIA to SVMI, I put them in this order:

SVMI
TERRASYNC

This means FG will look first in the SVMI folder for scenery and then in the TerraSync folder if it doesn't find anything.
legoboyvdlp

Postby wkitty42 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:11 pm

@swwon: can you please provide the exact link you used for your scenery? there's at least two versions of the world scenery available... an old one with a lot less detail, the current one (WS2.0?) and a 3rd one on the way soonish... i don't know how often the scenery linked on the FG website is updated... i used to use terramaster more often but now that terrasync is working better for me, i'm using that and at the same time providing testing feedback for it...

i was unable to locate this craft in my FGAddon and i finally found it elsewhere... i loaded it at KSFO and it was sitting on the runway properly... not embedded in the tarmac at all... that makes me suspect that you might have older scenery instead of the newest stuff...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby swwon » Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:12 am

@Legoboy, what happens to the scenery that I installed in the FGADMIN wizard? Terramaster overwrites those tiles, no? And the custom scenery that I had to put into object and terrain folders? Are those overwritten as well? Unfortunately there's no ONE way to install custom scenery. Some are just point to the path in FGRUN as you mention, others you have to install/merge the tiles into terrain and scenery. Does this terramaster work offline? I have it installed and a tile takes 3-5 secs to upload, is that normal?
Oh, and I use FG offline primarily, do I now turn ON Terrasync or just put the path in FG Run?

EDIT: @legoboy, are you sure I'm not supposed to point the path to a "flight gear 2016.1.1" file? I uploaded tiles by terramaster to the "documents/flightgear/terrasync" and there's nothing there. Also it appears the the custom sceneries like OMDB, EGLL, VHXX, EDDF-ELLX have the a350 in the ground as well. Just downloaded the latest 350 from FGmembers.

@wkitty42, whatever it was in January. I installed every tile from the FG website and saved them to a file on my desktop. Then installed all of them to the FGADMIN Wizard, so I can run it offline. The link is the FG website.
swwon

Postby legoboyvdlp » Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:36 pm

TerraMaster doesn't work offline. 3-5 secs is actually very fast.

If you want the new scenery, just start over with TerraMAster.
legoboyvdlp

Postby wkitty42 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:16 pm

and make sure you use the new terramaster as the old one was coded to look on the defunct code.google.com site...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
wkitty42

Postby swwon » Sat Apr 09, 2016 3:46 am

Oh now a new vs old Terramaster...lol. you guys are killing me. I downloaded the one from the wiki. How do I know which is which?

Eh forget it guys.. Thanks for your help anyways, but I'm trying to get version 3.4 to work now, everything crashes since I installed it.
swwon

Postby wkitty42 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:28 pm

swwon wrote in Sat Apr 09, 2016 3:46 am:Oh now a new vs old Terramaster...lol. you guys are killing me. I downloaded the one from the wiki. How do I know which is which?

if you don't give a link to what you used, how are we supposed to verify what you downloaded? :(

swwon wrote in Sat Apr 09, 2016 3:46 am:Eh forget it guys.. Thanks for your help anyways, but I'm trying to get version 3.4 to work now, everything crashes since I installed it.

you may still have the same terrain problems with 3.4 IF you can get it to download the terrain from the new servers... 3.4 is hard coded to look on the old code.google.com servers just like the old terramaster... that may be changeable in the property tree but i'm not sure about that...

AFAIK, you can get the latest terramaster from here -> http://open744.github.io/terramaster/
"Why not?" said Gurder.
wkitty42

Postby swwon » Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:42 pm

I used the link at the bottom of the Terramaster Wiki that says latest. But I came across the one you posted, last night. I uninstalled everything anyways cleaned out all files and drives and reinstalled 2016.1.1. I'll upload the Terramaster and try again. One quesrion, after installing the 2016.1.1 veesion again I put the 350 in KSFO and it was still embedded in the runway. So you're telling me I have to overwrite the new version of KSFO with Terramaster's scenery?
Thanks

EDIT: Ive now actually tried the A350 at JFK, MIA, LAS, LAX and SFO and it's still imbedded in the runways. Oh well, Ill leave it alone for a bit and check back...the terramaster scenery is better than what I had though. Glad I loaded it. :)
swwon

Postby Octal450 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:18 am

Just an update: I'm on vacation, and have been working on some other planes that take priority. I will try to get some updates done soon.

Regards,
What I do: Flight Dynamics, Systems, Canvas Displays, Autoflight, FlyByWire, Cockpit Animations
Aircraft I currently develop: MD-11 (Mainly), Secret, A320-family (Quality over Quantity)

My GitHub|MD-11 and ITAF Dev Discord|Airbus Dev Discord
Octal450

Callsign: WTF411/Octal

Postby Octal450 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:13 am

Who's been waiting for this:

DOWNLOAD!

Next I am installing a better autopilot, and connecting the MCP and PFD to it :D

I will fix those holes don't worry!

Digital alt not working, tape does. Fixed in next update.

I will replace the Boeing Canvas Nav Display with artix's Airbus Canvas Nav Display shortly.

I also fixed the gear.

I also fixed thrust reverser animation.

This stuff is over MP I think, I have yet to test stuff over MP.

I will post when I do stuff!

Regards,
I'll post when that happens :D
What I do: Flight Dynamics, Systems, Canvas Displays, Autoflight, FlyByWire, Cockpit Animations
Aircraft I currently develop: MD-11 (Mainly), Secret, A320-family (Quality over Quantity)

Octal450

Postby D-ECHO » Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:17 am

it0uchpods wrote in Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:13 am:Who's been waiting for this:

I! I! I! I! :D Thanks!!
D-ECHO

Postby Octal450 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:19 am

:D

Octal450

Postby Octal450 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:21 am

I guess I add the A350XWB to the already long list of planes I work on ;)

Octal450

PreviousNext

Return to Aircraft