Board index FlightGear Development Aircraft

FG Failed to open problem

Questions and discussion about creating aircraft. Flight dynamics, 3d models, cockpits, systems, animation, textures.

FG Failed to open problem

Postby tomrider1 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:38 pm

Hi everyone just a quick question I have made a new Blue Angels livery for the F18 from the FG downloads page, I have assigned a new submodel by copying, pasting, and renaming the relevant xml.set, xml and ac files and have also pointed them towards the .rgb file with the new livery however all I get when I load flightgear through fgfs.exe is a pink model I have converted them back from PNG to SGI/RGB and still they remain pink, I am using version 1.0.0 if that helps at all. Any answers would be greatly appreciated, below is a transcript of what the launcher is saying. cheers

WARNING: ssgSGI header::: Failed to open C:/program files/flightgear/data/aircraft/f18/models/f18top-blue angels.rgb for reading

Warning ssgSGI header::: Failed to open C:/program files/flightgear/data/aircraft/f18/model/f18tail-blue angels.rgb for reading
tomrider1

Re: FG Failed to open problem

Postby glazmax » Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:38 pm

Apparently the .rgb files are not found.

The f-18 has a structure of f18/Models/some.rgb, be sure you use correct file paths (upper/lowercase).

the .rgb have to be linked within the .ac file

Fly in'
glazmax
XXX pilot of the caribbean - bones and porters XXX
glazmax

Callsign: jettoo/OE-JTO
Version: cvs

Postby tomrider1 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:00 am

Still no luck I have gone through the lot but still pink aircraft. All the paths are correct and the case is also as it should be any further thoughts guys?
tomrider1

Postby glazmax » Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:57 am

Hmm, we might need more info.

Give a link to the updated package, so we can have a look on it.

Fly on,
glazmax
XXX pilot of the caribbean - bones and porters XXX
glazmax

Callsign: jettoo/OE-JTO
Version: cvs

Return to Aircraft