Board index FlightGear Development Aircraft

Airbus A350 XWB

Questions and discussion about creating aircraft. Flight dynamics, 3d models, cockpits, systems, animation, textures.

Re: Airbus A350 XWB

Postby ACJZA » Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:27 am

Does it have fly by wire on?
Merlion's getting a new touch of paint on a few websites over the course of months, come check us out! http://flymerlion.org/
Merlion's new Hangar is going to be housing a few new projects in the future! http://hangar.flymerlion.org/
ACJZA

Callsign: ACJZA, MIA0233

Postby bicyus » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:30 am

connect wrote in Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:30 am:Jon; On my local machine. I think Malik (tehwarlock) has a copy, but I'm not sure.

So? how are we going to colaborate?
This is what i'm asking since my first post on A350xwb.

ACJZAaircrafts wrote in Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:27 am:Does it have fly by wire on?

Easy!!! it's on develop
bicyus

Callsign: Bicyus
Version: 2.6

Postby Figaro » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:33 pm

Jon I was not aware that people wanted to collaborate.

But I was thinking; we can use a good amount of code from the updated 787 for the CDU, EFB and a few other instruments.

As for fly-by-wire, I think this can also be used from the 787. :lol:

Cheers,
Sam.
Figaro

Callsign: 4L-FIG

Postby omega95 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:09 am

connect wrote in Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:33 pm:As for fly-by-wire, I think this can also be used from the 787. :lol:

Or a Dedicated Airbus Fly-by-wire? :wink:

http://flightgear.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=15947
Merlion Virtual Airlines - the experience of a flight time...
Get high quality aircraft, airports, video tutorials or development tools from my hangar.
omega95

Callsign: MIA0001, OM-EGA
IRC name: omega95
Version: 2.12 git

Postby Omega » Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:37 pm

Hello ACJZAaircrafts,

Thanks for being interested in restarting the development the Airbus A310-300, you can find the download link in my signature below.
The cockpit is half done, only thing missing are the instruments - but the exterior model, systems and FDM will need some work :wink: .
The engine is the heart of an aeroplane, but the pilot is its soul.
Omega

Callsign: Star,EHAA_CT,MIA0176
IRC name: Omega
Version: GIT

Postby awexome » Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:45 pm

Hi,

connect wrote in Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:33 pm:But I was thinking; we can use a good amount of code from the updated 787 for the CDU, EFB and a few other instruments

Thinking 'code re-use' is very smart. But the current 787-8 is still way under-developed. You may not want to come back in a few months to start fixing and upgrading parts and instruments - but make a compararison of images and see for yourself.

May I ask if the instrumentation of the 777 series are relevant and may be useful for the Airbus series. If so, perhaps the more stable 777 instrumentation would be more reliable for this project. Why spend so much time fixing and re-building instruments when there is already a solution in using components from the 777 series. Another advantage is that doing so will speed up the progress of the project, and arguably the quality of the final product.

awexome, yes?
When one thinks, one looks up to the skies.
I inspire, think, and seek the skies ------- mijiny <aka awexome[2138]>
awexome

Callsign: SHA7

Postby Hooray » Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:04 am

Why spend so much time fixing and re-building instruments when there is already a solution in using components from the 777 series. Another advantage is that doing so will speed up the progress of the project, and arguably the quality of the final product.

This is true - but it's not always easy or even very obvious, because most of such Nasal code was usually written in a fairly aircraft-specific style (often by people who are primarily aircraft developers and not necessarily coders), so you'd need to spend a fair amount of time generalizing stuff and removing some aircraft-specific assumptions. This can be a little tedious, because the code you are trying to improve is being worked on by the orgininal developer at the time same time.

The consistency, quality and sharing of Nasal code in the base package used to be much better when the Nasal code was actively maintained, because somebody was actively looking for optimization opportunities - currently this is however not the case, so people need to specifically focus on identifying such opportunities, so that similar code can be generalized and shared.

There's plenty of Nasal code in aircraft directories which depends on aircraft-specific properties and features, which isn't currently written in a generic or otherwise configurable style (think hashes, classes). Porting and reusing some "spaghetti code monster" that was written with a particular aircraft in mind may sometimes be more difficult than coming up with something from scratch - that's part of the reason why so many aircraft duplicate and customize code in a "copy/paste" fashion.
Please don't send support requests by PM, instead post your questions on the forum so that all users can contribute and benefit
Thanks & all the best,
Hooray
Help write next month's newsletter !
pui2canvas | MapStructure | Canvas Development | Programming resources
Hooray

Pronouns: THOU

Postby Muffinman » Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:31 am

awexome wrote in Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:45 pm:But the current 787-8 is still way under-developed.

Which one are you talking about? The original one that is on the download page made by Nick Ivy? Or this one?

If it is the first, I agree. But there is this one available. Take a look!!

If it is the second, ARE YOU FREAKING SERIOUS!? :shock: :o That is actually agreed to be one of THE BEST DEVELOPED IN FG!

Just my humble opinion. If you have any thoughts, please bring them up.
My personal livery collection. Specializing in Star Alliance and oneworld airlines and logojets.
Muffinman

Callsign: N626CM
Version: 2020.1.3

Postby awexome » Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:38 am

Hello, again.

Quite frankly, I agree that spaghetti code can be difficult to untangle and re-use. However, I doubt that all aircraft Nasal code in FGFS will be classified as spaghetti. Even if that were the case, I believe that the more stable FDM, and insrument models, now apply algorithms which have stood the test of time in reliability and consistency. So, even if the raw code is seen as irrelevant to a particular aircraft, the algorithms and general formulas are likely vey much relevant and useful.

Of course, if it dont work, it is smart to make one that does work.

That just the way we build em at FGFS :)

awexome.
awexome

Postby Hooray » Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:15 am

Not disagreeing at all - I am pretty sure that any patches you may come up with, would be definitely appreciated. Dealing with spaghetti code in order to identify reusable components that can be generalized, simply requires more coding experience (and Nasal knowledge) than the average aircraft developer may have. So that's probably part of the reason, why such problems exist - it probably wouldn't be any different for 3D models or scenery created by PROGRAMMERS ;-)
Please don't send support requests by PM, instead post your questions on the forum so that all users can contribute and benefit
Thanks & all the best,
Hooray
Help write next month's newsletter !
pui2canvas | MapStructure | Canvas Development | Programming resources
Hooray

Pronouns: THOU

Postby awexome » Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:49 pm

Hi,

Muffinman wrote in Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:31 am:Take a look!! If it is the second, ARE YOU FREAKING SERIOUS!? :shock: ... That is actually agreed to be one of THE BEST DEVELOPED IN FG!

I freak you NOT, and I am NOT serious :lol: at least not for such matters as this. So you are in shock? Are you sitting tight, because there is more shock coming for you :)

Perhaps my vocabulary is a bit out-dated, but granted an aircraft still in development can make 'An aircraft of the Month' :) - just cross your fingers for the right month!. It has been fun; it brings alternative innovation which is a good thing after all.

Note: this is about the TO DO issues, rather than anything else. We hope you will join us to continue upgrading this interesting aircraft model.
I suggest you look at the code, slowly; try to see the link between the various 'nas' functions, the way the 'nas' are initialized at start-up, assignment of objects in the property-tree; then the instrument panel and compare with other developing aircraft such as the 777 series, b1900d, A380, etc. Of course if you don’t use instruments when you fly, then please ignore my vectors of characters.

Then there is the issue of consistency. Take some web pictures of the 'real' 787-8 and compare key instruments: PFD, MFD, CDU, ND, etc. many of which other aircraft have done much more to address.

If you wish to save time, I can send you some references from my limited research and observations.

awexome.
awexome

Postby ACJZA » Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:12 am

Since the A350XWB has been dead in many ways, I will continue it after all, I helped a bit before. I am ACJZAaircraft Btw. Just better and changed Names.
Merlion's getting a new touch of paint on a few websites over the course of months, come check us out! http://flymerlion.org/
Merlion's new Hangar is going to be housing a few new projects in the future! http://hangar.flymerlion.org/
ACJZA

Callsign: ACJZA, MIA0233

Postby Flightgearex » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:37 pm

I saw in the wiki that the A350 models are ready but where can I download it ?? :(
VISIT THE GERMAN FG-FORUM -> forum.flightgear-de.net !!!!!!!!!!!
Flightgearex

Callsign: AEV001,FLYER,...
Version: 2.8.0.5

Postby andylui8 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:54 pm

Flightgearex wrote in Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:37 pm:I saw in the wiki that the A350 models are ready but where can I download it ?? :(

ACJZA is still developing it
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=20102
andylui8

Postby Flightgearex » Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:29 am

But on the wiki you see a guy with the name "EA-7201" he created the model already and Im trying to find this model in the web but I dont find it :(
VISIT THE GERMAN FG-FORUM -> forum.flightgear-de.net !!!!!!!!!!!
Flightgearex

Callsign: AEV001,FLYER,...
Version: 2.8.0.5

PreviousNext

Return to Aircraft