Board index FlightGear Development Aircraft

Jabiru J-170 (DEVELOPMENT)

Questions and discussion about creating aircraft. Flight dynamics, 3d models, cockpits, systems, animation, textures.

Re: Jabiru J-170 (DEVELOPMENT)

Postby MatthewV » Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:00 pm

I installed this one about a month ago, quite keen to give it a shot at the time since the Jabiru is a pretty common training aircraft here in Australia, as far as I can tell (it's Australian made, and fits nicely in the top end of aircraft that still come under the Recreational Pilot Certificate here). The 24- registration on some liveries is the recreational registration (as opposed to the standard Australian VH- registration).

As noted previously, Engine had to be renamed to Engines, and used the starter button rather than 's'. Also spent a while trying to debug the engine condition messages before I realised that that was just how it was reporting that the engine was not in a startable state (if that makes sense).

From this thread, I surmise that the main glass display (the Dynon skyview) was never completed, but checking this youtube video of the plane in action: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cDw12bMX_U it appears that the smaller display was complete. Not sure if that is in the repository or not.
MatthewV

Re: Jabiru J-170 (DEVELOPMENT)

Postby gsagostinho » Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:17 pm

Thanks for the information, Matthew!

Now that this airplane has a GPL license and a new repository at FGMEMBERS, someone may be interested in implementing this on it: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=25291

That would make it an amazing place!

Cheers,
Gilberto
gsagostinho

Previous

Return to Aircraft