Board index FlightGear Development Aircraft

Embraer 170 Development (NEW RELEASE 20/09/2011)

Questions and discussion about creating aircraft. Flight dynamics, 3d models, cockpits, systems, animation, textures.

Re: Embraer 170 Development (NEW RELEASE 20/09/2011)

Postby Schwarz » Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:15 am

It does not work on my 2.40 tho, while loading it just closes.. ill post console later i gtg now
Schwarz

Postby sa7k » Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:45 pm

Hi, I love this plane, I'm using FlightGear from git and the version 1.3 e-jet family downloaded from the omega hangar but sadly it stopped working on a recent git update.
When I start I get this:
Code: Select all
$ fgdir/bin/fgfs --aircraft=Embraer190                                                                                                                   
XML sound: couldn't find file: 'Aircraft/E-jet-family/Sounds/music.wav'                                                                                                           
XML sound: couldn't find file: 'Aircraft/E-jet-family/Sounds/etihad-board.wav'                                                                                                   
XML sound: couldn't find file: 'Aircraft/E-jet-family/Sounds/qatar-board.wav'                                                                                                     
Could not find at least one of the following objects for animation: 'heat.e2.light'                                                                                               
Could not find at least one of the following objects for animation: 'outer.marker'                                                                                               
Could not find at least one of the following objects for animation: 'middle.marker'                                                                                               
Could not find at least one of the following objects for animation: 'inner.marker'                                                                                               
Could not find at least one of the following objects for animation: 'FPA'                                                                                                         
Could not find at least one of the following objects for animation: 'outer.marker'                                                                                               
Could not find at least one of the following objects for animation: 'middle.marker'                                                                                               
Could not find at least one of the following objects for animation: 'inner.marker'                                                                                               
Could not find at least one of the following objects for animation: 'FPA'                                                                                                         
Could not find at least one of the following objects for animation: 'Border', 'Off'                                                                                               
Could not find at least one of the following objects for animation: 'Off'                                                                                                         
Could not find at least one of the following objects for animation: 'Border', 'Off'                                                                                               
loadxml: Cannot find XML property file 'Aircraft/A330-200/Systems/radio.xml'.                                                                                                     
Nasal runtime error: Dialog class: XML dialog must have <name>                                                                                                                   
  at /home/sa7k/fgfs/fgdata/Nasal/gui.nas, line 349                                                                                                                             
  called from: /home/sa7k/fgfs/fgdata/Nasal/gui.nas, line 329                                                                                                                   
  called from: /home/sa7k/fgfs/fgdata/Nasal/globals.nas, line 100                                                                                                               
Nasal runtime error: container index not scalar                                                                                                                                   
  at /home/sa7k/fgfs/fgdata/Nasal/gui.nas, line 331                                                                                                                             
  called from: /home/sa7k/fgfs/fgdata/Aircraft/E-jet-family/Nasal/radio.nas, line 2                                                                                             
loading scenario 'nimitz_demo'                                                                                                                                                   
Image "/home/sa7k/fgfs/fgdata/Textures/Water/waves-ver10-nm.dds"
uses compressed textures which cannot be supported on some systems.
Please decompress this texture for improved portability.
Image "/home/sa7k/fgfs/fgdata/Textures/Water/water_sine_nmap.dds"
Image "/home/sa7k/fgfs/fgdata/Textures/Water/sea_foam.dds"
Image "/home/sa7k/fgfs/fgdata/Textures/Water/perlin-noise-nm.dds"
Electrical System ... ok
failed to load sound buffer: Warning: STEREO files are not supported for 3D audio effects: /home/sa7k/fgfs/fgdata/Aircraft/E-jet-family/Sounds/SoundPack/touchdown.wav
Nasal runtime error: non-objects have no members
  at /home/sa7k/fgfs/fgdata/Aircraft/E-jet-family/Nasal/systems190.nas, line 102
  called from: /home/sa7k/fgfs/fgdata/Aircraft/E-jet-family/Nasal/systems190.nas, line 128

And then when started the engines don't react to the throttle movement.
I think it has something to do with the last two lines about systems190.nas but couldn't find what was the problem.
I also tried the e170 but it has the same behaviour. And I couldn't find another plane where something like this happens, for example the 777 works fine.
Thanks for your help.
sa7k

Callsign: LV-EPM
IRC name: sa7k
Version: git

Postby omega95 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:03 pm

LINE 102 in systems190.nas - if (props.globals.getNode("sim/failure-manager/engines/engine[" ~ engine_no ~ "]/serviceable").getBoolValue())

That means there's some problem with engine serviceable here, anyone have any ideas here? I know the property still exists as it works fine when I simulate failures using the 787-8's failure manager (a different aircraft but same property)... We could try replacing that with "if (getprop("sim/failure-manager/engines/engine[" ~ engine_no ~ "]/serviceable"))"

@sa7k, can you try that and tell me if you get the error?
Merlion Virtual Airlines - the experience of a flight time...
Get high quality aircraft, airports, video tutorials or development tools from my hangar.
omega95

Callsign: MIA0001, OM-EGA
IRC name: omega95
Version: 2.12 git

Postby sa7k » Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:39 pm

I tink it works but there is something else. Now it shows this
fgdir/bin/fgfs --aircraft=Embraer190
XML sound: couldn't find file:
[...more sound and animation errors...]
loadxml: Cannot find XML property file 'Aircraft/A330-200/Systems/radio.xml'.
Nasal runtime error: Dialog class: XML dialog must have <name>
  at /home/sa7k/fgfs/fgdata/Nasal/gui.nas, line 349
  called from: /home/sa7k/fgfs/fgdata/Nasal/gui.nas, line 329
  called from: /home/sa7k/fgfs/fgdata/Nasal/globals.nas, line 100
Nasal runtime error: container index not scalar
  at /home/sa7k/fgfs/fgdata/Nasal/gui.nas, line 331
  called from: /home/sa7k/fgfs/fgdata/Aircraft/E-jet-family/Nasal/radio.nas, line 2
loading scenario 'nimitz_demo'
Image "/home/sa7k/fgfs/fgdata/Textures/Water/waves-ver10-nm.dds"
Image "/home/sa7k/fgfs/fgdata/Textures/Water/water_sine_nmap.dds"
Image "/home/sa7k/fgfs/fgdata/Textures/Water/sea_foam.dds"
Image "/home/sa7k/fgfs/fgdata/Textures/Water/perlin-noise-nm.dds"
Electrical System ... ok

But when I autostart the plane N2 grows to 30%, which it didn't do before. But still won't react to throttle.
Thanks for your help.
Edit: sorry, N1 grows too, from 0 to 5 and N2 0 to 25
sa7k

Postby sa7k » Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:36 pm

I "fixed" it by disabling the failure checks with an "if (1)" on line 102 and it flew.
I didn't understand this before so now I checked the property tree and tried to print in nasal console and I don't have that property.
How could I have lost that? Is that plane dependant or how?
sa7k

Postby sa7k » Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:16 am

So, I found that it was this commit, I reverted manually only the part of failures.nas and I got my failure-manager property back.
diff --git a/Nasal/failures.nas b/Nasal/failures.nas
index ccf6f79..23cb738 100644
--- a/Nasal/failures.nas
+++ b/Nasal/failures.nas
@@ -177,12 +177,12 @@ var setAllMCBF = func(mcbf) {
     }
 }

-
 # Initialization, called once Nasal and the FDM are loaded properly.
-_setlistener("/sim/signals/fdm-initialized", func {
+var fdm_init_listener = _setlistener("/sim/signals/fdm-initialized-once", func {
+    removelistener(fdm_init_listener); # uninstall, so we're only called once
     srand();

-    # Engines are added dynamically because there may be an arbritary number
+    # Engines are added dynamically because there may be an arbitrary number
     var i = 1;
     foreach (var e; props.globals.getNode("/engines").getChildren("engine")) {
         breakHash[e.getPath()] = { type: type.MTBF, failure: fail.ENGINE, desc : "Engine " ~ i };
sa7k

Postby sa7k » Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:54 pm

It was a bug in failures.nas from fgdata, it's now fixed by this commit.
By the way, is there a git repo of this E-jet family? I'd like to see if the vertical speed indicator works in a newer version, or try to help if it doesn't.
Maybe is it only for merlion members?
sa7k

Postby Figaro » Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:32 am

I don't think there is a Gitorious repository for the E-jets.

But on a side note; please, please refrain from making 3 or 4 posts in a row on a topic. Instead, click the "Edit" button next to your original post. (If someone replies to your post, then make a new one) It just keeps the place clean.

Cheers,
Sam.
Figaro

Callsign: 4L-FIG

Postby omega95 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:29 am

connect wrote in Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:32 am:I don't think there is a Gitorious repository for the E-jets.

If you've read his post properly, he meant a commit in fgdata... :|
sa7k wrote in Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:54 pm:It was a bug in failures.nas from fgdata, it's now fixed by this commit.

Anyway, are they planning to completely remove the failure manager? Do we need to make changes to the aircraft for that?
Get high quality aircraft, airports, video tutorials or development tools from my hangar.
omega95

Postby sa7k » Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:03 am

omega95 wrote in Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:29 am:
connect wrote in Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:32 am:I don't think there is a Gitorious repository for the E-jets.

If you've read his post properly, he meant a commit in fgdata... :|

Yes, it was a bug caused by an error in a previous commit in fgdata but I also wanted to know if there was a git repo of the e-jet family.
omega95 wrote in Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:29 am:
sa7k wrote in Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:54 pm:It was a bug in failures.nas from fgdata, it's now fixed by this commit.

Anyway, are they planning to completely remove the failure manager? Do we need to make changes to the aircraft for that?

No, it was just a mistake, I thought it was only in the e-jets but it removed the failure manager from every plane. It's fixed now.

And I did edit my posts, I just thought it would be clearer as I was getting news about what was happening. I'll fix it now.
Edit: It seems as I cannot fix it anymore, sorry.
sa7k

Postby omega95 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:17 am

sa7k wrote in Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:03 am:I also wanted to know if there was a git repo of the e-jet family.

I'll get to work on it as soon as I some decent Internet and some time...
omega95

Embraer 170 Development (little extra)

Postby sa7k » Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:57 pm

omega95 wrote in Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:17 am:
sa7k wrote in Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:03 am:I also wanted to know if there was a git repo of the e-jet family.

I'll get to work on it as soon as I some decent Internet and some time...

I know what you mean, I had to download FlightGear in another city and bring it in a external disk.
And sorry to give you more work. Thanks so much for all.

With some trial and error I got the VSI to work, maybe it helps even a little bit.

In the PFD.xml in the XMLs/Primus-Epic subdirectory before the </PropertyList> tag add the following:
<animation>
     <name>Vertical speed indicator needle</name>
     <type>rotate</type>
     <object-name>VSIneedle</object-name>
     <property>/instrumentation/vertical-speed-indicator/indicated-speed-fpm</property><!-- /velocities/vertical-speed-fps</property -->
     <interpolation>
                    <entry><ind>-3000</ind><dep>-60</dep></entry>
                    <entry><ind>-2000</ind><dep>-40</dep></entry>
                    <entry><ind>-1000</ind><dep>-20</dep></entry>
                    <entry><ind>0</ind><dep>0</dep></entry>
                    <entry><ind>1000</ind><dep>20</dep></entry>
                    <entry><ind>2000</ind><dep>40</dep></entry>
                    <entry><ind>3000</ind><dep>60</dep></entry>
     </interpolation>
     <axis>
       <x>-1</x>
       <y>0</y>
       <z>0</z>
     </axis>
     <center>
       <x-m>0.58</x-m>
       <y-m>0.08</y-m>
       <z-m>-0.06</z-m>
     </center>
   </animation>
sa7k

Postby Sky Flyer » Thu May 10, 2012 3:48 pm

How to use ladders and sky chefs? Because its not in the ground operations buts its in the E-Jets folder
Let me know if there are new Airliners coming up from pistons to jets!!!
Favorites: Jet Airliner:Any Easy to handle Jet :) Turboprop Airliner: ATR 42-500/600 Fighter Jet: F-14
looking for a ATC position
Sky Flyer

Callsign: MIA0360/or my plane
Version: 2016.1

Postby omega95 » Thu May 10, 2012 4:01 pm

Sky Chef should be in operations and for the ladders, click on the space below the doors. :)
omega95

Postby islandmonkey » Fri May 11, 2012 3:46 pm

I'm having a bit of a bad time with the autopilot.

You see, I was changing the NAV source from FMS1 to LOC2 while at a low level (3000ft). During this, the plane banked so hard it went upside down and I crashed :cry: .

Also the A/T can go slightly mental sometimes.

And it is impossible to do an ILS landing without crashing.
islandmonkey

Callsign: G-MNKY

PreviousNext

Return to Aircraft