Board index FlightGear Development Aircraft

Airbus A320neo (A319,A320,A321)

Questions and discussion about creating aircraft. Flight dynamics, 3d models, cockpits, systems, animation, textures.

Re: Airbus A320neo (A319,A320,A321)

Postby bicyus » Sun May 06, 2012 4:53 pm

Thanks Hooray for that work of coping everything. ;-)

omega95 wrote in Sun May 06, 2012 11:19 am:I know, it's my mistake I don't do it in those folders but for some reason, I don't find that comfortable to work with. (It's weird) So I'm saying that I'd rather just keep it the way I put it till I finish working on it, and hten you can change them... in the END. That way, I can still work on a comfortable method and when you start working on it, you'd get comfortable and I won't have to look into it again.

WHAT? so you get uncomfortable becouse of having properties of files inside /Systems ? 0_o :shock:

And of course thank you for letting me re-estructure ALL your code after you finished. thats a peace of cake! Cool!

Even when i have allready prepared all migration changes so it is easy to you.

Omega95, we all know you do a incredible work, you come with many new features very fast, but working with you is like constantly hitting a wall!! we go on your way or we go on your way. it's always a recursive conversation...

Mate, i may have my opinions or convinces about how thing need to be done, but i know earing new proposals and putting them in perspective. If they have plot, i would change my mind.

But replies like that.... :?
bicyus

Callsign: Bicyus
Version: 2.6

Postby Hooray » Sun May 06, 2012 4:59 pm

And of course thank you for letting me re-estructure ALL your code after you finished. thats a peace of cake! Cool!

lol, yeah: his comment made me laugh, too! :-)

But I'm sure we can work out a way to keep things convenient, comfortable and cozy for omega95 - while still making it less of a maintenance burden. Maybe omega95 can tell us what exactly is less convenient about the "keep things together" approach?
I mean, nobody here is trying to put an end to your productivity omega95!! :-)

BTW: You *CAN* make things a little easier by constantly using variables instead of hard-wired property names, i.e. use THIS:

Code: Select all
var myPropertyPath = "/sim/foo/noodle/omega95-convenient/yikes";
setprop(myPropertyPath,"Hello World!");

instead of:

Code: Select all
setprop("/sim/foo/noodle/omega95-convenient/yikes","Hello World!");
Please don't send support requests by PM, instead post your questions on the forum so that all users can contribute and benefit
Thanks & all the best,
Hooray
Help write next month's newsletter !
pui2canvas | MapStructure | Canvas Development | Programming resources
Hooray

Postby bicyus » Sun May 06, 2012 5:26 pm

Hooray wrote in Sun May 06, 2012 4:59 pm:I mean, nobody here is trying to put an end to your productivity omega95!! :-)

100% in agreement, even more, i personaly wan't all us to be more productive.

Quicker != more productive. Object Oriented Programing, Model View Controler.... etc

https://gitorious.org/airbus-aircraft/a320neo/commit/ade655967107a20d77259946e1beb14a4df7b908/diffs
bicyus

Callsign: Bicyus
Version: 2.6

Postby omega95 » Thu May 10, 2012 12:22 pm

Hey, I got stuff back up and running, which branch has the latest ND (with wp and stuff from the A380)? I want to put that in the new flightdeck. :)
Merlion Virtual Airlines - the experience of a flight time...
Get high quality aircraft, airports, video tutorials or development tools from my hangar.
omega95

Callsign: MIA0001, OM-EGA
IRC name: omega95
Version: 2.12 git

Postby omega95 » Sat May 12, 2012 12:44 pm

Right, so I ported the new ND (with all of zakalwe's and Scott's stuff) and VOR Instrument into the new cockpit and I made new stby-AI and brake pressure gauge instruments. I also animated (except VOR-ADR toggles which don't seem to work properly in the ND yet) the EFIS control panels and gear/brake panel. I got a few docs on anti-skid but didn't understand it properly. Can anyone give me a brief idea of how the anti-skid system works? Oh and I'm leaving the brake fan. (for now)

Other than that, I think Imma get back to work on the mCDU (remaining sections) now.

And about the folder and property structures, Jon, do you want to change the structures AFTER I finish with the cockpit? (I'd like this better :mrgreen: ) or do it now and we work on the cockpit then? As it is, I'm only gunna be working on a couple of things like heating/anti-icing, pneumatics, pressurization and the mCDU now.

All my work is in the flight branch...

EDIT: I've already got a couple of requests to get these new systems into the A330-200, so we better work faster. :D
Get high quality aircraft, airports, video tutorials or development tools from my hangar.
omega95

Postby Hooray » Sat May 12, 2012 2:47 pm

omega95 wrote in Sat May 12, 2012 12:44 pm:And about the folder and property structures, Jon, do you want to change the structures AFTER I finish with the cockpit? (I'd like this better :mrgreen: ) or do it now and we work on the cockpit then? As it is, I'm only gunna be working on a couple of things like heating/anti-icing, pneumatics, pressurization and the mCDU now.

All my work is in the flight branch...

EDIT: I've already got a couple of requests to get these new systems into the A330-200, so we better work faster. :D

Seriously, if there's even the slightest chance of people wanting to port your work to other aircraft, you WILL find it MUCH easier to adopt the structure previously discussed (separate folders for separate instruments), so that things end up self-contained. There's nothing preventing you from introducing nested sub directories ( instruments/vsd/nasal, instruments/vsd/textures, instruments/vsd/sounds, instruments/vsd/models): viewtopic.php?f=4&t=12903&start=210#p156902

It might be possible to automate some of the restructuring effort by using grep/sed on Linux, but that requires fairly consistent use of property names, file names etc.

Otherwise, just use a good text editor which can do search/replace and regex for several files at once (TextPad, Notepad++ etc).
Please don't send support requests by PM, instead post your questions on the forum so that all users can contribute and benefit
Thanks & all the best,
Hooray
Help write next month's newsletter !
pui2canvas | MapStructure | Canvas Development | Programming resources
Hooray

Postby islandmonkey » Sun May 13, 2012 7:41 pm

Hi, what is the button in the new A320 cockpit for following the route manager route?
islandmonkey

Callsign: G-MNKY

Postby eb10038 » Sun May 13, 2012 9:17 pm

where exactly do i download the latest version from? i have to admit i don't understand these git things.
eb10038

Postby omega95 » Mon May 14, 2012 2:38 am

eb10038 wrote in Sun May 13, 2012 9:17 pm:where exactly do i download the latest version from? i have to admit i don't understand these git things.

Well, if you want the OLD (v2.2 Beta2), click here> http://gitorious.org/airbus-aircraft/a320neo/archive-tarball/master (master)
Of if you want the latest development works, click here> http://gitorious.org/airbus-aircraft/a320neo/archive-tarball/flight (flight)

Oh and this is how the latest flightdeck in the flight branch looks like. :)

islandmonkey wrote in Sun May 13, 2012 7:41 pm:Hi, what is the button in the new A320 cockpit for following the route manager route?

Well, it's not as simple as entering the route in the RM and flying it like before. You have to initialize the route in the mCDU first and then add the waypoints. Here's a basic idea of how to do that>

Let's say you want to fly from DEPA to DEST, then get some power (external), turn on your mCDU(s) by rotating the BRT knob to the brightness you want. Now, click on the INIT button to go to the INIT page. Now, the 2 main fields used to initialize a route are CO_RTE and FROM/TO. If you want to fly a defined company route and you know the ID (for example, a merlion flight from Gatwick to Frankfurt's ID is MIALGWFRA1), you can enter the id and select the CO_RTE Field. Else, if either you DON'T want to fly a company route OR you don't know if the company route exists, enter DEPA/DEST (for example from EGKK to EDDF would be EGKK/EDDF) in the FROM/TO Field. On selecting the FROM/TO field, it should give you a list of available company routes. You can choose a route from there. If that route doesn't exist, it'll ask you to initialize an empty flight plan. After you're done with that, the CRZ FL/TEMP is also required to start editing your route, so enter your Cruise FL (24000 ft = 240) and Temperature at that altitude (let's say it's -12 degrees C at FL240) like 240/-12. (For -, click on +/- twice)

Now, you can get to the fuel prediction area by clicking on the left or right arrow, but that doesn't do much in empty routes atm, so you can leave that. Once you're done with that, click on F-PLN to go to the flight plan page. You'll see the departure, a '----------- F-PLN DISCONTINUITY ------------' line and the destination.
To add waypoints after a waypoint (atm, say the departure), click on the departure. You'll be taken to the lateral revision page at the Departure Airport. To enter waypoints, type them in and click on 'NEXT WP'. That'll take you to the lat rev page for the next waypoint. You can add all your waypoints like that. Now, to select a Departure and Arrival procedure.

------------ SKIP THIS IF YOU DON'T HAVE PROCEDURE ICAO'S FOR THE DEPARTURE AND DESTINATION --------------

(You can get the procedures here https://gitorious.org/fg-boeing-787-8/fg-boeing-787-8-data < put them in your Database/Procedures folder)

Go to the LAT REV page for the Departure airport (click on the first line in the F-PLN) and click on departure. Select the runway, the procedure and confirm the SID. Same for destination, but click on the last line.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can scroll through your flightplan using the up and down arrows and edit them from their lat rev pages by clicking on their respective Line Selector Key.

Once you're happy with your route, you can fly the plane and to active FMGC Managed Mode (get the FMGC to control your heading), turn on the AP (AP1 or AP2) and click on the HDG Knob to switch too FMGC Managed Mode). Click on the HDG Knob again to switch back. Same for Speed and Altitude but only go to managed mode for Speed and Altitude if you've entered speed and altitude on the flightplan. To change knob values, clicking will not work (as they're used for switching) you'll have to scroll with your mouse on them (or edge scroll/2 finger scroll on laptop touchpads). Anyway, we'll probably create a new AP dialog for those who don't use their mouse or have scroll ability on their touchpads.

Cheers. :)

Anyway, Atm, I'm working on the WINDS and SEC F-PLN pages and now with winds, I can get to proper fuel and flight time prediction. :D
omega95

Postby eb10038 » Mon May 14, 2012 8:15 am

thank you! but i still seem to have a small problem... the cockpit seems to be mounted on the roof of the cabin.... i have a screen shot of it, but i cn't quite figure out how to post it here. it does however look like an excellent cockpit! :D
eb10038

Postby polly » Mon May 14, 2012 4:45 pm

Ah, the Sun Deck was implemented only on the SPF-10 feature code development branch. I think if you try one of the other branches you will find the option was deleted since the instrument backlighting was insufficient.

polly

Postby eb10038 » Mon May 14, 2012 7:11 pm

that's exactly the same screen shot i have!

so should i use the "master" or flight "link"?
eb10038

Postby polly » Mon May 14, 2012 7:15 pm

I think the flight link has the more recent cockpit and instrumentation work so use that one, particularly if you were using 'master' before !
polly

Postby Johan G » Mon May 14, 2012 8:15 pm

polly wrote in Mon May 14, 2012 4:45 pm:Ah, the Sun Deck was implemented only on the SPF-10 feature code development branch. I think if you try one of the other branches you will find the option was deleted since the instrument backlighting was insufficient.

Almost made my day. :lol: :lol: Sunglasses on! 8)
Low-level flying — It's all fun and games till someone looses an engine. (Paraphrased from a YouTube video)
Improving the Dassault Mirage F1 (Wiki, Forum, GitLab. Work in slow progress)
Johan G

Callsign: SE-JG
IRC name: Johan_G
Version: 3.0.0

Postby islandmonkey » Tue May 15, 2012 7:44 pm

Uh, what the hell went wrong with that picture, polly? One on the right - it looks all - crackled.
islandmonkey

Callsign: G-MNKY

PreviousNext

Return to Aircraft