Board index FlightGear Development Aircraft

Airbus A310-300 (download link in first post)

Questions and discussion about creating aircraft. Flight dynamics, 3d models, cockpits, systems, animation, textures.

Re: Airbus A310-300 (download link in first post)

Postby Trez » Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:54 pm

NIIIICE :D

i could never (almost, i'm to lazy) reach this
Trez

Callsign: Trez
Version: 2.8 GIT

Postby AJC » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:53 pm

omega95 wrote in Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:26 am:Ahem... 6/8 and 3/4 is the same thing...

I knew that :oops:

so at Frankfurt it's 7/8 and EGLL around 4-5/8? :mrgreen:

But yes i agree entirley with your point that the landing speed is the main problem. I'm having problems with my Flightgear at the moment and the A320 family does not work but i will try similar aircraft at another time.

Glad we can agree to agree on a point you made in the first place :wink:
AJC
ATC_AJC
DH-1748
TSA004
Proud member of Tristar Airlines, the leading airline in connecting the Caribbean...
AJC

Callsign: TSA004

Postby Icecode GL » Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:59 pm

Slow progress, mapping is completly done and texturing partially completed, still need refinements and proper wing textures. Reflection and bumpmap will be added, sorry for lighting lovers. :) Next step, redo animations. We will see what we do with FDM. :P

The textures features Ambient Occlusion. But I am asking... does the new model look better?
Icecode GL

Callsign: icecode
Version: GIT

Postby Armchair Ace » Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:21 pm

The cockpit windows still look odd - the bottom of the cockpit windows shouldn't be a straight line, from what I can tell. The windows on the fuselage texture look a little small, too.

Overall, though, it seems to be taking shape nicely!

Member of the FlightGear Flying Club

Current Projects :
Miscellaneous texture and sound work
Armchair Ace

Callsign: G-ATPF
IRC name: ArmchairAce

Postby DLH-Airmen » Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:30 pm

Gitourious or so says that the download file does not exist :(
can i have an new link?

Thank you very much :)
DLH-Airmen

Postby Omega » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:00 pm

http://flightgearcorner.x10.mx/?page_id=11

But note that the development has ceased since September 2011.
There's a chance though, that we may continue the development of the A310 if we decide so.

Omega.
The engine is the heart of an aeroplane, but the pilot is its soul.
Omega

Callsign: Star,EHAA_CT,MIA0176
IRC name: Omega

Postby DLH-Airmen » Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:38 pm

Omega wrote in Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:00 pm:http://flightgearcorner.x10.mx/?page_id=11

But note that the development has ceased since September 2011.
There's a chance though, that we may continue the development of the A310 if we decide so.

Omega.

Sorry does not work for me....
I 've got Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-bit-Version. Every time when I will open it with 7-zip , it shows me that the file is damaged or cannot open archival.
I use Mozilla Firefox 11.

So what can I do?
DLH-Airmen

Postby Omega » Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:04 pm

I re-uploaded the file in 2shared because it exceeded the file limit, so it should work now.
Omega

Postby DLH-Airmen » Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:47 pm

Omega wrote in Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:04 pm:I re-uploaded the file in 2shared because it exceeded the file limit, so it should work now.

Thank you very much, worked fine.

PS:
The same problem, which was on the A310-300 file ,is when i unzip the Boeing 737-300 Condor livery file , after i downloaded it. This is only for Information, i hope i do not annoy you hehe.. :mrgreen: . But the other downloads work fine.
DLH-Airmen

Postby Omega » Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:35 pm

The Condor livery should be working now as well.
This is only for Information, i hope i do not annoy you hehe.. :mrgreen:

No prob, good to see that someone cares about this (old) project :wink: .

Have fun flying the A310!
Omega

Postby DLH-Airmen » Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:54 pm

Hi,
I 've got a problem.

I do not know if it is the problem of the aircraftS or of my Flightgear/Computer (System) , everytime when i will start/take off the A310-300 , after 40kts, the Aircraft turns very very extremely left, and when I am in the air the complete (aircraft) wing steering / controls turned left.
When I tried to start the A340-600 to compare the steering:
The plane started normal , only when I start/take off the plane the rudder turns a little bit right , which was normal for me / was always there. But when I was in the air I have got the same problem with the A310-300 the complete steering/controls turns left.
The curious thing is that when i click on ''h'' i see that my complete controls (wing steering/rudder steering) are in the middel (straight). I 've tried to click on F6, too : but when I clicked on that both airplanes (A310-300, A340-600) turned the wing steering to the left and it shows me Heading 000.

See my 2 steering problems on the screenshots:

Shot at 2012-03-17 Here you can see that the rudder which i set straight , is going extremely to the left

Shot at 2012-03-17 Here you can see that when i click on F6 , it shows me Headong 000 , but the wing steering goes to the left

Shot at 2012-03-17 Here you can see that the wing steering/complete controls are going extremly to the left, same problem when I am in flight with the A340-600, in the past i had not got the problem.

PS:
Sorry for my bad english.I 'm a little bit sad about that :oops:

I hope someone of you has got solutions.
DLH-Airmen

Postby Omega » Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:28 pm

For your first problem, I posted a solution on the first post:
Omega wrote:Please note that when you take off the rudder goes to the left like taildragger which is a known bug (if anyone knows how to fix this please say). so you'll have to pull the stick down a bit and move the rudder to the right. Also when landing apply full flaps and land at 120 kt (not faster!!) and don't pull the stick back too much so after the rear wheels touch the ground pull the stick down, if you can't stay in the centerline of the runway you can use brakes "b".

Then, I do not understand why you keep pressing F6? If it goes to the left, then it is probably the autopilot heading control that engages using F6.

About the 3rd shot, probably a FDM bug?
Omega

Postby omega95 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:27 am

Alright, let me try this.

In the first screen-shot, it looks kind of normal if you had heavy winds. It seems that you're NOT using the rudder to stay on the center line of the runway, so it's obvious that the plane would keep turning. If it turns like a tail dragger, then it seems you have created an extra fake gear and set steering capabilities to that gear on the FDM. I know Nicky creates fake gears to stabilize the aircraft, but then that doesn't cause any problems as the steering is still on the nose gear.

And by turning like a tail dragger, I don't mean slow turning, I mean sudden violent turns, and your turn doesn't really look sudden or violent.

Shot at 2012-03-17 Here you can see that the rudder which i set straight , is going extremely to the left

Again, you're not supposed to NOT use the rudder, you're supposed to use it to steer and keep the plane on the centerline of the runway.

Shot at 2012-03-17 Here you can see that when i click on F6 , it shows me Headong 000 , but the wing steering goes to the left

Why do you want to click F6? It shows Heading 000 and that means you've activated the autopilot. Your current heading is 135 so it'd obviously turn left to try to get to 000. Disengage the AP, only turn it on when you're flying...

Shot at 2012-03-17 Here you can see that the wing steering/complete controls are going extremly to the left, same problem when I am in flight with the A340-600, in the past i had not got the problem.

As much as I can see, your steering controls (ailerons and rudders) are in the center, and the plane is turning left. Now, this supports the first screenshot's cause that you had heavy winds. It's normal (but may need to reduce the effect) for a plane to start turning towards the wind, the wind pushes the plane, and you're supposed to use the controls to counter act it, you can expect to keep everything straight and do a complete flight! :)

Cheers.

I'm gunna take this out for a spin and see what's wrong.

EDIT:

Back from some testing. It's behavior on ground is almost completely normal, but as you get up, it DOES have a tendency to turn to the left, even though the wind is the other way! Unfortunately, it's YASim so I wouldn't want to look into it.. If it was JSBSim, you have separate functions determines different effects on roll and it'd be much easier to find the problem there. :(
Merlion Virtual Airlines - the experience of a flight time...
Get high quality aircraft, airports, video tutorials or development tools from my hangar.
omega95

Callsign: MIA0001, OM-EGA
IRC name: omega95
Version: 2.12 git

Postby DLH-Airmen » Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:04 pm

Hi,

First of all thank you for your analysis of my problems and replies. :D

@omega95:
lol i am not able to create a fake gear :mrgreen: hehe...
Sorry for that with F6 , someone , who's not in this community, said to me that when you click on F6 your wing steering and your rudder will be in the middle (straight). so i think he was not right.

So when i understand everything right: It is not a FG bug , it is because of the aircraft.
Good to know that. Very curious is that: i was flying for about 5-8 Minutes the A340-600 and everything was allright no steering problems :?: . Ok so i think it was yesterday a little bug.
Little side-question: My A340-600 hasn't got sound since 2.06 it writes in the black commnd box something like failed to load sound buffer WARNING:
STEREO files are not supported for 3D audio effects... etc. so is that normal , have you got the same problem?

Thank you.
DLH-Airmen

Postby omega95 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:29 pm

DLH-Airmen wrote in Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:04 pm:Good to know that. Very curious is that: i was flying for about 5-8 Minutes the A340-600 and everything was allright no steering problems :?: . Ok so i think it was yesterday a little bug.
Little side-question: My A340-600 hasn't got sound since 2.06 it writes in the black commnd box something like failed to load sound buffer WARNING:
STEREO files are not supported for 3D audio effects... etc. so is that normal , have you got the same problem?

First of all, I'd recommend you NOT to fly the A340-600 if you're serious about flying or unless you want to develop the A340-600, it's one of the most 'hacked' aircraft in FlightGear... You'd notice that it doesn't even have 4 engines defined! :|
Merlion Virtual Airlines - the experience of a flight time...
Get high quality aircraft, airports, video tutorials or development tools from my hangar.
omega95

Callsign: MIA0001, OM-EGA
IRC name: omega95
Version: 2.12 git

PreviousNext

Return to Aircraft