Board index FlightGear Development Aircraft

Tu-154B for FlightGear - some screenshots

Questions and discussion about creating aircraft. Flight dynamics, 3d models, cockpits, systems, animation, textures.

Re: Tu-154B for FlightGear - some screenshots

Postby HHS » Fri May 08, 2009 11:09 pm

bobbbit wrote:Can you please tell me how to turn on the gyroscopes and the speed brakes? I looked at the doc files and none of them are in English
Thanks

did you read the pdf? Asic can remember this describes it better
Up, up and away
HHS
Retired

Version: GIT

Postby yurik_nsk » Sat May 09, 2009 7:56 am

Can you please tell me how to turn on the gyroscopes and the speed brakes? I looked at the doc files and none of them are in English

There is a flight manual (in English), read file Docs/tu154eng.html.

If you can't find this file, please update model by "svn update" cmd or by your favorite SVN client.
yurik_nsk

Postby Barambu2sa » Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:54 pm

Another bug on svn:The eternal autopilot
Try to use route manager and 3k mode,after
switch to manual+vor1 is impossible to control the
aircraft.
Barambu2sa

Postby Ernest1984 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:10 pm

Hi!
Sorry for diggin this topic up after this period of time but i have some strange problem.
I have this plane working great on my FG 2.0.0, it's a real pleasure to go thru the procedure of warming up the aircraft, but i have a small problem also - can't use some keyboard buttons like in other aircrafts... For example:
Button "9" stands for maximizing the throttle, and it's working, but button "3" which stands for minimizing the throttle, just won't work like that, in Tupolev. It's switching the view instead. There are some things written in English manual, but i can't find there everything i need.
Where can i find the full "keyboard manual" for this aircraft? By the way, i'm on Mac Book Pro...
Thanks, Ernest.
EPWA-hub: ERJ-195 clsgn: ERNIE
-----------------------------------
Around The World with B1900D!
callsign: AROUNDw - currently suspended till the FG will have a proper look on different locations
Ernest1984

Callsign: ERNIE
Version: 2.10

Postby Tuxklok » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:53 pm

It's all in the included docs...

The number keys are used for switching views.
1 = captain view
2 = copilot view
3 = center console / nav view
4 = overhead panel
5 = engineer panel
~ key is used to go into / out of sub view of one of those

d = auto pilot on (stab mode -- wings level and maintains pitch)
shift+d = auto throttle on (forbidden to use except for landing!)
ctrl+d = auto pilot off
rest of autopilot is controlled via the controls on center console as in real life

k = increase speed brakes (are 3 levels)
j = decrease speed brakes

Think that's about it really..check docs. Anything else would be standard flightgear shortcuts, which should work fine...ie pgup/pgdown throttle, g/G for gear, } and { for flaps...etc. I also highly recommend a joystick or yoke for getting the most out of flying this aircraft...mouse & keyboard are really not well suited for this aircraft.

Also in addition to included docs I highly recommend one grabs the english flight manual and training exercises from the PT forum flight school over here.

cheers
The Austria Scenery Project - more info
fg-scenery-tools - gitorious | videos
fgcomgui - Open source, cross platform, gui front end for fgcom. more info

More random musings and doings can be found on my personal site. (work in progress)
Tuxklok

Callsign: Tuxklok / N1292P

Postby Ernest1984 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:07 pm

Ok - PGup, PGdn is for throttle, but what if i DON'T have normal keyboard? I have MacBook... there's no PGup/PGdn :lol:
I can increase throttle (by pressing "9"), but can't decrease it...

Ahh and by the way - i just fired up the aircraft with a help of your video tutorial, which is great, Tuxklok - Thanks!
callsign: AROUNDw - currently suspended till the FG will have a proper look on different locations
Ernest1984

Postby Tuxklok » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:31 pm

Ernest1984 wrote:Ok - PGup, PGdn is for throttle, but what if i DON'T have normal keyboard? I have MacBook... there's no PGup/PGdn :lol:

You could change keyboard shortcuts for throttle (and everything else) in $FG_ROOT/keyboard.xml. You could also change or remove the view shortcut in the tu154b-set.xml, but I do not recommend that as being able to quickly and easily change views is very important in using the tu154b...and is a great feature.

Ahh and by the way - i just fired up the aircraft with a help of your video tutorial, which is great, Tuxklok - Thanks!

Welcome, glad it is helpful. There is was also an auto start feature added since that video was made if your feeling lazy....just press 's' and wait. I still prefer manual start up usually, but admit I do find the auto start convenient when practicing some procedures and I am resetting/restarting the sim often.

cheers

More random musings and doings can be found on my personal site. (work in progress)
Tuxklok

Postby Gijs » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:35 pm

Ernest1984 wrote:I can increase throttle (by pressing "9"), but can't decrease it...

Decrease it with "3".
Airports: EHAM, EHLE, KSFO
Aircraft: 747-400
Gijs

Callsign: PH-GYS
Version: Git

Postby Farmboy » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:45 pm

Ernest1984 wrote:Ok - PGup, PGdn is for throttle, but what if i DON'T have normal keyboard? I have MacBook... there's no PGup/PGdn :lol:

As Gijs stated, 9/3 are up/down, and another option if you prefer pg buttons is Function-Pg-Up, and Function-Pg-Down.
The other item that's distinctly different on a Mac is when some aircraft bind a "delete" keystroke (such as MD-81 reversers), on a Mac it's Function-Delete to operate.

Peter
Horsepower is just an illusion. Torque is the true answer.
Farmboy

Location: NorthEast New York State, and the rest of New England....

Postby Ernest1984 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:39 pm

Gijs wrote:
Ernest1984 wrote:I can increase throttle (by pressing "9"), but can't decrease it...

Decrease it with "3".

;)

This DOESN'T WORK in this aircraft, because key "3" is aligned for another command (change view to "Overhead Panel"... or "Navigator Panel", nevermind...).
This aircraft have different keyboard shortcuts than the every other aircraft in FlightGear.

I started to mess up in the .xml file, for example i changed Reverser, so now i can start the Reverser with "Delete" key, not "F2" like it was written (which in MacBook is a system key so it doesn't work in the game):
Code: Select all
<!-- Reverser -->
 <key n="127">
  <name>Delete</name>
  <desc>Full Reverser</desc>
  <repeatable>true</repeatable>
  <!--Start reverser-->
  <binding>
    <command>nasal</command>
    <script>setprop("/fdm/jsbsim/fcs/revers-by-key",1.0);</script>
  </binding>
  <!--Stop reverser--> 
  <mod-up>
    <binding>
      <command>nasal</command>
      <script>setprop("/fdm/jsbsim/fcs/revers-by-key",0.0);</script>
    </binding>
  </mod-up>

I would love to change the Thrust Increase & Decrease keys the same way (like i did with Reverse), but actually, i can't find'em in the .xml file. Any help would be much appreciated!
Ernest1984

Postby Tuxklok » Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:43 pm

What xml file are you changing?

Tuxklok

Postby Ernest1984 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:48 pm

First, i checked all .xml's in the main Tu-154b folder. I found the keyboard shortcuts are written down only in "tu154b-set.xml" file, so i was editing this file.
Ernest1984

Postby Tuxklok » Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:53 pm

Ernest1984 wrote:First, i checked all .xml's in the main Tu-154b folder. I found the keyboard shortcuts are written down only in "tu154b-set.xml" file, so i was editing this file.

Ahh ok, only Tu154 specific shortcuts will be defined there. The throttle and other global shortcuts will be defined in the main keyboard.xml file inside the flightgear data directory.

cheers

Tuxklok

Postby Ernest1984 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:06 pm

OK then, so i changed in the tu154b-set.xml file the shortcut values for the different views (Capitan - from "1" to "Shift 1", Copilot - from "2" to "Shift 2", Navigator - from "3" to "Shift 3", Overhead - from "4" to "Shift 4", Engineer - from "5" to "Shift 5").
So i suppose the standard 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, etcetera shortcuts should be unlocked now and work like in different planes? I can't check it now, i'm on old iMac which won't run FG.
Ernest1984

Postby Tuxklok » Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:25 pm

Ernest1984 wrote:OK then, so i changed in the tu154b-set.xml file the shortcut values for the different views (Capitan - from "1" to "Shift 1", Copilot - from "2" to "Shift 2", Navigator - from "3" to "Shift 3", Overhead - from "4" to "Shift 4", Engineer - from "5" to "Shift 5").
So i suppose the standard 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, etcetera shortcuts should be unlocked now and work like in different planes? I can't check it now, i'm on old iMac which won't run FG.

Should work I think. I believe standard actions for shift+num are to select a specific engine though, so you will lose the ability to do that when flying the Tu154. That may or may not be important to you...probably not.

cheers

Tuxklok

PreviousNext

Return to Aircraft