Board index FlightGear Development Aircraft

Tu-154B for FlightGear - some screenshots

Questions and discussion about creating aircraft. Flight dynamics, 3d models, cockpits, systems, animation, textures.

Re: Tu-154B for FlightGear - some screenshots

Postby bobbbit » Sun Apr 05, 2009 1:57 am

No I use a nvidia graphics card.I use mac flightgear, could that be the problem?
bobbbit

Postby MyName » Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:12 am

I have NVIDIA graphics as well, but the Tu-154 works for me. :D
MyName

Postby bobbbit » Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:08 am

Is there a way to fix this? Is anyone else having this problem?
bobbbit

Postby bobbbit » Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:44 pm

I redownloaded the plane and it works just fine except I can't get some of the cockpit instruments to work. Is there a way to fix them?
bobbbit

Postby VaLeo » Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:39 pm

Nope.
"Some of the cockpit instruments" cant' be fixed.
yurik_nsk can fix (or, as I think in your case - explain how to use) only certain instruments
VaLeo

Version: GIT

Postby bobbbit » Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:52 pm

The only instrument that isn't working is the slip/skid ball. Is there some switch to flip or button to press to make it work or does it not work yet?
bobbbit

Postby yurik_nsk » Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:55 am

The only instrument that isn't working is the slip/skid ball

hmm... slip/skid ball has not a switch, just like RL. It's should work always.

There are two slip/skid indicators: firsr - on PKP (ADI), below artifical horizont, and second - on EUP gauge. Which of indicators dos'nt work?
yurik_nsk

Postby Liq » Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:37 pm

Hey,

This is a great plane, but because of it I have registered on this forum ;)

First thing, there are several bugs in the documentation, for example talking about switch that doesn't exists: "Choosing the MK mode (switch 436-P in the left position)." - should it be C or F? definetly not P. There are some references to gyros GA-3-1 nad GA-3-2 but nowhere is written which one it really is.

The second thing was that no matter what I couldn't figure out how the navigation works... in standard STAB mode it is ok, 3K uses the instrument heading that can be changed... Although doc has some informations about VOR navigation modes, then I have no idea why sometimes it goes 30 deg from the destination, and otherwise it goes straight to it. Moreover the indicator for VOR sources seems to be heading 10-15 deg from the mag heading. I set VOR1 and VOR2 on the 106 and look on the scale that does not move. I really believe I have read everything I could about setting those instruments but I'm still out of luck in navigating this plane.

The 102 instrument for pilot and CO-pilot differs by 20-30 degrees. I put tu154b and c172p side by side to check the VOR indicators, and there is a difference about 20 degrees between those planes,
although in TU-154 insturment 106 shows the same thing for pilot and co-pilot.

Is there a chance to turn morse code in radio on?

this is very nice plane, I spent several hours trying to figure it out, but I have no idea how to navigate it even after reading docs several times.

At the end... after caching the ILS for KSFO (111.70) it approached at the wrong angle to the runway... Am I missing something here?
Liq

Postby yurik_nsk » Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:26 am

Hi Liq!

should it be C or F? definetly not P

You are right, should be C. It's a bug.

Although doc has some informations about VOR navigation modes, then I have no idea why sometimes it goes 30 deg from the destination, and otherwise it goes straight to it.

It's right.
VOR navigation is a one of complex system of this plane.

Then your plane is far from selected radial (selected by 445, 446 instruments), AP will turn aircraft to +-30 deg from heading, selected by white needle of HSI (PNP, 102).

If HSI heading and selected radial is some, plane will go to radial with heading +-30 deg (depend of side). After radial interception, plane will turn to radial heading, and go under VOR control.

Moreover the indicator for VOR sources seems to be heading 10-15 deg from the mag heading.

VOR navigation use only magnetic heading, but HSI use gyro heading from TKS by default. After TKS align procedure, gyro and mag heading is some, but then you plane go distance from takeoff point, mag and gyro hdg will different.

For VOR navigation, you should take in mind "fork" value, or switch HSI indicator to magnetic heading by sw.416, 417 to down position.

Is there a chance to turn morse code in radio on?

You can turn it manually, by property browser. May be, it shoul be turned on by default...

this is very nice plane, I spent several hours trying to figure it out, but I have no idea how to navigate it even after reading docs several times.

Navigation is not covered by manual very well:( You should read external docs, from MSFS model, and related forums.

At the end... after caching the ILS for KSFO (111.70) it approached at the wrong angle to the runway... Am I missing something here?

What a release number you use (or date of checkout )?
Are you set runway heading (white needle of HSI)? Is this heading and hdg of runway some after landing, or hdg of TKS have deviation?
yurik_nsk

Postby Liq » Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:40 pm

Now I wanted to go 103 mag deg FROM KSFO. I set white needle to 103, 446 to 115.80 and the plane goes... course 155, around 140 mag in this care, _away_ from the path. So I guess it tries to make a big circle or something to go 103 TO the KSFO, not FROM it, right?

Landing approach went better now: I went away from KSFO, then came back straight on 283 to KSFO. White needle to 283, switches 416,417 down like you said ( I didnt see any changes on the instruments while switching those). I turned around going 250 deg mag. Switched the AZ-I autopilot mode. checking what happens... It found the path. Then I switched to ZAHOD and GLISS mode and it landed ok.

So I guess you can reliably navigate using HSI, but not the 106 VOR indicator.

I'm using 69 revision of files.

So, what is the method for flying FROM the VOR source?
Liq

Postby yurik_nsk » Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:32 am

So I guess it tries to make a big circle or something to go 103 TO the KSFO, not FROM it, right?

I'm far away from sim now, and can't check this issue. I hope, i will verify VOR navigation clearly by next week.

switches 416,417 down like you said ( I didnt see any changes on the instruments while switching those)

It's right, cause you fly pattern, and your TKS is aligned. During cross-country flight, you will see difference.

So I guess you can reliably navigate using HSI, but not the 106 VOR indicator

RMI indicator 106 not intended for VOR navigation. It's gauge used for view bearing angles to NDB\VOR. Its need for flying pattern, find point of turns etc.
yurik_nsk

Postby bobbbit » Wed May 06, 2009 1:25 am

How do you turn on the speedbrakes? Also how do you turn on the gyroscope?
bobbbit

Postby Liq » Thu May 07, 2009 6:49 am

I believe you have this written in the Doc file.
Liq

Postby yurik_nsk » Fri May 08, 2009 7:44 pm

Hi all!

I'm return to home, and i'm ready to answer for you questions.

Well, let's see to VOR navigation in TU-154 clearly.

Suppose, we fly in range of VOR beacon, and our 1-st nav receiver has tuned for desired channel (select freq by panel 445, right part). We have a good signal, and we can see green lamp on panel 445 - OT (FROM) or HA (TO).

We should select desired radial by choose digit on panel 445 (left part). If our autopilot in STAB mode, we can press button A3-I (349) and our plane will fly on radial under VOR control.

But it's will only if our plane already stay on selected radial. If not, we need some things before.

Suppose, our plane is far from desired radial. How we can reach selected path? Here, we should use our compass system.

Let's see to PNP (HSI) instrument (102). Here, we can see white needle (F) and heading digital wheels (C). We can set desired heading by handle (D) rotation.

What heading we should set? Indeed, our desired radial!

AP/VOR subsystem will turn our plane to heading +- 30 deg from HSI heading (102-C, 102-F). Plane will fly this heading until they reach selected radial ( selected from 445 panel). After reaching, plane will turn to radial, and continue flight under VOR control. Needle (102-G) will show deviation from selected radial.

It's will work, if our departure airport is near from VOR beacon. Contrary, if we has fly 1000 km before entering to VOR zone, we get difference between magnetic heading (which VOR use) and gyro heading (which nav system of TU-154 use as default). Now, for correct navigation, we should take in mind "fork" (read about it in documentation!) or switch our HSI (PNP, 102) to magnetic heading by turn sw. 416 to down position.

So, what is the method for flying FROM the VOR source?

It's simple. Suppose, we want fly on radial 90 (magnetic heading 90). We set 090 to (445-left), and 90 to PNP (HSI, 102 D-C-F). Our plane is situated in East from VOR.

In this case, our plane will go to radial, and fly under VOR control - FROM beacon.

If we want fly TO beacon, you should set 090 to (445-left), and 270 - to PNP (HSI, 102 D-F-C). In this case, you will fly TO beacon. After reach beacon, nav receiver will switch green lamp TO -> FROM, but plane should continue flight under VOR control until plane has left nav signal.
yurik_nsk

Postby bobbbit » Fri May 08, 2009 11:58 pm

Can you please tell me how to turn on the gyroscopes and the speed brakes? I looked at the doc files and none of them are in English
Thanks
bobbbit

PreviousNext

Return to Aircraft