Board index FlightGear Development Aircraft

Bombardier CRJ700 series/CRJ900 replacement

Questions and discussion about creating aircraft. Flight dynamics, 3d models, cockpits, systems, animation, textures.

Re: Bombardier CRJ700 series/CRJ900 replacement

Postby Bjoern » Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:07 pm

There's a nice command line (and GUI) tool for that other flight simulator, but I'm not sure if it can read .png.
Irfanview for Windows has a batch mode as well, but here I'm not sure if it can do .dds files.

If there really is a format change in the model file, one should put a huge hint into the Readme regarding the new texture formatting...or at least include all current repaints to minimize confusion.
Bjoern

Version: Next

Postby SP LEC » Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:47 pm

07-BUT wrote in Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:26 pm:Regarding you comments :

Latest changelog
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/7679353/tmp/CHANGELOG.txt
Latest package
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/7679353/tmp/CR ... %20MOD.zip

SP-LEC, I did not implement all your flightdeck mods because of some details (black blur around text on the pedestal, the yoke staving in the panel, ...)

Hi 07-BUT

I made a lot of new functlionalities, binding, chaned most textures in Hi-res and bug fixing, random failures, show/hide interion and so on. - Ne version will be uploaded tommorow about 12:00 - from my work.

OH Panel is almost binded - I prepared much advanced AUTOSTART.

You should use my latest version to development - but full pack - and this version should be copy to aircratf folder - but other wersion should be remove fro that folder. This version include changes not only in XML'S and ... ac, bout alo in many nasal files - it is easier to replace everything (I have implemented all of Your changes)

Accordind to Your changes which I implemented to my version:
* All sounds converted to mono to complies with FGFS 2.6 - => done
* Introduction of the Challenger 870 (CL-600-2C10), the executive version of the 700 => done - challenger works properly
* Wingtips trails (Except for de 1000) => done for evefy CRJ models (there are some necessary changes in the code)
* Exhaust smoke during TO (Except for de 1000) => done for every CRJ models - Added also for APU!!
* Tire smoke/Rain sprays (Except for de 1000) => done for every CRJ models - in my opinion works properly
* Contrail above 24010 (Except for de 1000) => contrail - I,ve changed texture, and some parameters - in my opinion looks perfect
* Landing gear and vibrations sounds while touchdown =>works
* Landing gear and vibrations sounds while rolling=>works
* V1 + VR + V2 + Positive climb announcements => without positive climb yet
* 900ER Air Nostrum and SAS Scandinavian Airlines included=> done
* Challenger 870 CS "Square" included, an real executive interior should be great => I did nothing - any changes - but it is implemented
* Custom keymap to make the plane playable with Apple keyboards (w/o numpad + laptops) - I did nothing
* SP-LEC A/P disconnect key (ctrl-d) with the correct sound => implemented correct sound
* SP-LEC OHP (some click sounds are missing) => You should use my latest version - and this version should be copy to aircratf folder - but other wersion should be remove fro that folder.
* SP-LEC upper panel (some click sounds are missing) => the same situation like in upper point
* Problem with SP-LEC's spoilers sound. It trigger at any time while flying => not exactly - becouse ailerons are connected with spilers - I will change it in near future
* New sound set (more realistic) => Please add it into my latest version - thanks
* 1 splash (resized) for all the aircrafts + 870 CS (resized) for download purposes => I resized also one of the splash - I don't remenber which.
* Only my liveries (only PNG, no more DDS) for download purposes => I don't understand -
* A stick shaker sound should be great => I do nothing with that yet
* A crew in the cockpit should be great => I do nothing with that yet
* ENHANCE THE WAY THE PLANE PASSES THE WAYPOINTS ! => I do nothing with that yet

TIRE SMOKE PROBLEM - should be solved in my latest version - which I will publish tommorow - on monday at about 12:00
Cannot understand why tire smoke works perfectly with the 777-200 and only SOMETIMES with this plane ?

LANDING LIGHTS PROBLEM
We can't see landing lights at night ;) Landing lights inside cockpit is boring => I use option in Light metu to turn off it - not yet solve.

07-BUT - please check my latest version include your changes - but please copy full pack - then everything should work propoerly.

Have nice evening - best regards
Leszek - SP-LEC
SP LEC

Callsign: SP LEC
Version: 24

Postby omega95 » Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:27 pm

Instead of putting in a developers changes, sending it back and that guy working on it, why don't you create a git repository for this project? It'll make the management MUCH easier. :)
Merlion Virtual Airlines - the experience of a flight time...
Get high quality aircraft, airports, video tutorials or development tools from my hangar.
omega95

Callsign: MIA0001, OM-EGA
IRC name: omega95
Version: 2.12 git

Postby SP LEC » Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:55 pm

omega95 wrote in Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:27 pm:Instead of putting in a developers changes, sending it back and that guy working on it, why don't you create a git repository for this project? It'll make the management MUCH easier. :)

Yes, You right - that's the begining :wink:
SP LEC

Postby 07-BUT » Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:23 pm

SP LEC wrote in Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:47 pm:
07-BUT wrote in Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:26 pm:Regarding you comments :

Latest changelog
Latest package

SP-LEC, I did not implement all your flightdeck mods because of some details (black blur around text on the pedestal, the yoke staving in the panel, ...)

Hi 07-BUT

I made a lot of new functlionalities, binding, chaned most textures in Hi-res and bug fixing, random failures, show/hide interion and so on. - Ne version will be uploaded tommorow about 12:00 - from my work.

OH Panel is almost binded - I prepared much advanced AUTOSTART.

You should use my latest version to development - but full pack - and this version should be copy to aircratf folder - but other wersion should be remove fro that folder. This version include changes not only in XML'S and ... ac, bout alo in many nasal files - it is easier to replace everything (I have implemented all of Your changes)

Accordind to Your changes which I implemented to my version:
* All sounds converted to mono to complies with FGFS 2.6 - => done
* Introduction of the Challenger 870 (CL-600-2C10), the executive version of the 700 => done - challenger works properly
* Wingtips trails (Except for de 1000) => done for evefy CRJ models (there are some necessary changes in the code)
* Exhaust smoke during TO (Except for de 1000) => done for every CRJ models - Added also for APU!!
* Tire smoke/Rain sprays (Except for de 1000) => done for every CRJ models - in my opinion works properly
* Contrail above 24010 (Except for de 1000) => contrail - I,ve changed texture, and some parameters - in my opinion looks perfect
* Landing gear and vibrations sounds while touchdown =>works
* Landing gear and vibrations sounds while rolling=>works
* V1 + VR + V2 + Positive climb announcements => without positive climb yet
* 900ER Air Nostrum and SAS Scandinavian Airlines included=> done
* Challenger 870 CS "Square" included, an real executive interior should be great => I did nothing - any changes - but it is implemented
* Custom keymap to make the plane playable with Apple keyboards (w/o numpad + laptops) - I did nothing
* SP-LEC A/P disconnect key (ctrl-d) with the correct sound => implemented correct sound
* SP-LEC OHP (some click sounds are missing) => You should use my latest version - and this version should be copy to aircratf folder - but other wersion should be remove fro that folder.
* SP-LEC upper panel (some click sounds are missing) => the same situation like in upper point
* Problem with SP-LEC's spoilers sound. It trigger at any time while flying => not exactly - becouse ailerons are connected with spilers - I will change it in near future
* New sound set (more realistic) => Please add it into my latest version - thanks
* 1 splash (resized) for all the aircrafts + 870 CS (resized) for download purposes => I resized also one of the splash - I don't remenber which.
* Only my liveries (only PNG, no more DDS) for download purposes => I don't understand -
* A stick shaker sound should be great => I do nothing with that yet
* A crew in the cockpit should be great => I do nothing with that yet
* ENHANCE THE WAY THE PLANE PASSES THE WAYPOINTS ! => I do nothing with that yet

TIRE SMOKE PROBLEM - should be solved in my latest version - which I will publish tommorow - on monday at about 12:00
Cannot understand why tire smoke works perfectly with the 777-200 and only SOMETIMES with this plane ?

LANDING LIGHTS PROBLEM
We can't see landing lights at night ;) Landing lights inside cockpit is boring => I use option in Light metu to turn off it - not yet solve.

07-BUT - please check my latest version include your changes - but please copy full pack - then everything should work propoerly.

Have nice evening - best regards
Leszek - SP-LEC

SP-LEC,

It is a headache to track all those changes, we should use GIT (how it works?) and start a new project.
Last edited by 07-BUT on Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
07-BUT

Callsign: 07-BUT

Postby 07-BUT » Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:25 pm

omega95 wrote in Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:27 pm:Instead of putting in a developers changes, sending it back and that guy working on it, why don't you create a git repository for this project? It'll make the management MUCH easier. :)

As i said yesterday: "Is it very pragmatic to maintain 2 or 3 concurrent versions ?"
07-BUT

Postby SP LEC » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:12 pm

07-BUT wrote in Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:25 pm:

As i said yesterday: "Is it very pragmatic to maintain 2 or 3 concurrent versions ?"

Hi - Im using developers repository in http://code.google.com.
I can attach You like coowner of the project. There could be every version we are working on. http://code.google.com/p/crj700-family- ... loads/list (there is also latest version I promised yesterday in two possible formats:7z and zip)
It is pragmatic to have more than one version - and developer repository give us this possibility - You can look at my site in code-google :wink:

Best regards
Leszek
SP LEC

Postby 07-BUT » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:09 pm

SP LEC wrote in Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:12 pm:
07-BUT wrote in Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:25 pm:

Hi - Im using developers repository in http://code.google.com.
I can attach You like coowner of the project. There could be every version we are working on. http://code.google.com/p/crj700-family- ... loads/list (there is also latest version I promised yesterday in two possible formats:7z and zip)
It is pragmatic to have more than one version - and developer repository give us this possibility - You can look at my site in code-google :wink:

Best regards
Leszek

SP-LEC, I think you broke all my effects ;) (take off smoke always running, rain sprays always spraying, wingtip trails 2 meters above the wingtip, ...)

My quick and dirty update for the day. Enjoy.

Latest changelog
Latest package

About versioning, yes for multiple versions (history) but not not for concurrent versions (different). We should discuss aside the forum how to merge before it's too late. I'll check Google Code.

Regards,

07-BUT
07-BUT

Postby SP LEC » Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:24 pm

Hi.
Sorry - I didn't correctly understand word concurrent :oops: - You right, there is no problem, of course and good idea :wink:

I checked bugs according to take off smoke - I made mistake - now i ok, rain sprays always spraying - I didn't do anything with it (I didn't touch it at all), wingtip trails 2 meters above the wingtip - In my computer everything is ok wth it. To by sure I completely reinstalled my FG. The reason could be not complet pack - I made about 50 separate changes i different files.

Another one think - If some of sound click doesn't work, You can check file "effects.nas" - there are the list of positions which are connected to click sound.

If You would like to comunicate with me in private, please don't hesitate and send me an email: splec.ara10(at)gmail.com
Last edited by SP LEC on Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
SP LEC

Postby islandmonkey » Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:41 pm

Hi

Any news on getting yourself a git repo yet?
islandmonkey

Callsign: G-MNKY

Postby 07-BUT » Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:12 pm

islandmonkey wrote in Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:41 pm:Hi

Any news on getting yourself a git repo yet?

For now I suggest to check https://dl.dropbox.com/u/7679353/tmp/CHANGELOG.txt (07-BUT), https://dl.dropbox.com/u/7679353/tmp/CR ... %20MOD.zip (07-BUT) and http://code.google.com/p/crj700-family-flightgear (SP-LEC) and compare. 07-BUT and SP-LEC need to discuss how to merge without wrecking their work and the aircraft.
07-BUT

Postby SP LEC » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:49 am

07-BUT wrote in Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:23 pm:* A stick shaker sound should be great => I do nothing with that yet

Implemented - stall and stick shacker depend on stall speed - stall speed depends on flaps position.
SP LEC

Postby skyop » Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:07 pm

Hi SP-LEC and 07-BUT,

I appreciate your changes to the CRJ700! They are much appreciated. (I was beginning to think people lost interest in this plane altogether ;) .) However, we now have a merging difficulty. Over the past few days, I've been doing some work on the CRJ700 getting it ready for FG 2.8.0 and Rembrandt.

Thus, there are now three different versions of the CRJ700! O_O It's going to take some work, but I'm willing to work with you two to make sure no work is wasted.

Sorry for contacting you two so late. I don't use the forums anymore. I prefer IRC.

For future reference, the "home" of CRJ700 development is http://gitorious.org/fg-skyops-aircraft/crj700-family/ .
Aircraft: [ CRJ700-family | DC-10-30 ] Scenery: [ KBFL ]
skyop

IRC name: skyop
Version: next

Postby 07-BUT » Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:04 pm

skyop wrote in Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:07 pm:Hi SP-LEC and 07-BUT,

I appreciate your changes to the CRJ700! They are much appreciated. (I was beginning to think people lost interest in this plane altogether ;) .) However, we now have a merging difficulty. Over the past few days, I've been doing some work on the CRJ700 getting it ready for FG 2.8.0 and Rembrandt.

Thus, there are now three different versions of the CRJ700! O_O It's going to take some work, but I'm willing to work with you two to make sure no work is wasted.

Sorry for contacting you two so late. I don't use the forums anymore. I prefer IRC.

For future reference, the "home" of CRJ700 development is http://gitorious.org/fg-skyops-aircraft/crj700-family/ .

Hi skyop,

It's a good news you are alive ;) As I sent you an email one month ago and received no answer, I thought the project was abandoned and published my work. Well, as you are back, you should regain the control on the project and decide what to do with our work, choose how and what to merge and let us know what do you want us to do. As simple as that.

Are you interested in working on the Global and/or Learjet ?

07-BUT
07-BUT

Postby skyop » Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:13 am

Alright then. I'll just download the latest version of this bird and see what you've done. ;)

Can you give me a summary of all your changes? That way I can make sure I don't forget anything.

As for the private jets; no, I don't think I'll be building anything new for FG for a long time. You're welcome to embark on this yourself, using any components from the CRJ if you want. :)
Aircraft: [ CRJ700-family | DC-10-30 ] Scenery: [ KBFL ]
skyop

IRC name: skyop
Version: next

PreviousNext

Return to Aircraft