Board index FlightGear Development Aircraft

Bombardier CRJ700 series/CRJ900 replacement

Questions and discussion about creating aircraft. Flight dynamics, 3d models, cockpits, systems, animation, textures.

Re: Bombardier CRJ700 series/CRJ900 replacement

Postby skyop » Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:16 pm

The commit that changed the license needs to be erased, not just reverted. Then the contributors (on inspection, it's more than just Henning) need to be contacted, informed of the situation, and be ok with a CC license instead of GPL. In all likelihood this would involve a lot of commit rebasing.

Alternatively, rebase everything on the GPL copy in FGAddon.

Note that I would advise any future contributors to work with Hamza and FGAddon instead of FGMEMBERS.
Aircraft: [ CRJ700-family | DC-10-30 ] Scenery: [ KBFL ]
skyop

IRC name: skyop
Version: next

Postby hamzaalloush » Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:01 pm

Hi Ryan,

actually Github's infrastructure still keeps tabs on your contributions, listed under your username, infact, even though Henning had rebased his own repository after erasing Israel's commit and re-write history, i can still see it under Israel contributions, so then need to contact Github to resolve these issues and have a clean slate.

So i would advice everybody to tread carefully about licensing issues, Ryan, as the aircraft original author, has the last word on what involves of any derivatives of his original work, because he is the copy right holder,

In this case, until we have their approval, i would discount any work done upon CC-BY 3.0 original work, by authors other than Henning, as part of the auditing process.
hamzaalloush

Postby jsb » Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:28 am

Hamza, Ryan,

yesterday I read git documentation about rebase and got a medum size headache. In fact, I did not do any rebase on my master branch, I did only delete all other branches in my repo.
I really want to get rid of the mess and have a "clean" repo, but on the other hand I would like to keep my history. Any help/advice how to do this is highly appreciated (maybe via email).
As far as I understand, xml and nasal files are ok and we have to check only all artwork (images, 3D models).
I hope to find some time to work on this next weekend.
jsb

Callsign: D-JSB

Postby bugman » Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:50 am

Hi Henning,

I might be able to help too ;) I'm in the process of rewriting the FGAddon wiki article, and the git-svn path might be the easiest. Using this route, you would git-svn clone the aircraft directory in FGAddon (first asking for FGAddon commit access on the devel mailing list, stating your SourceForge user name). Then set up your GitHub repository as a remote, and cherry-pick each of your commits into the master branch of the git-svn local repository. If you only have a single branch and only cherry-pick, then you can send the lot into the official repository with:

Code: Select all
git svn dcommit

This will sort out all the current problems. Then you can delete the local git-svn repository and look at http://wiki.flightgear.org/FGAddon#Development_scenarios to work out the best way to continue developing.

Regards,

Edward

Edit: I have just added these quick instructions to the development scenarios section of the FGAddon wiki article.
bugman

Postby hamzaalloush » Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:32 pm

Hi Henning, Edward

First, i want to make some things clear, i was just stating that all "activity"/contributions (i.e commits pushed, pull requests made, issues submitted) made by another member on Github, will exist under his/her username as part of the record keeping on the site.

Obviously, you’ve agreed to release your own work(you are the developer) in compliance with the new LICENSE, which makes your work compatible with GPL, and therefore i can pick it up(cherry-pick your changes) and include it into FGAddon.

What Ryan is suggesting to go one step further, and delete the commit from history in your repository all together(this will prevent other users from forking your repository and rebasing prior to the LICENSE change), this can be done using git rebase -i "interactive" mode, let me sort this stuff out and collaborate with Edward whenever i'm in a pinch, you can also apply as he suggests for access rights your self on FGAddon, anyway, i'll send you the exact command to do this from the terminal via e-mail.

As been said, i can easily just cherry-pick your changes to FGAddon, but i will also follow Ryan's recommendation and produce a "clean" relicense-free repository for you to push, meanwhile, focus on making a stable branch for your aircraft locally, just as we agreed, and don't worry about this stuff. :wink:

Hamza
hamzaalloush

Postby scarymovie » Tue Jul 19, 2022 2:13 pm

Hi everyone, I noticed that "rain on glass" effect does not work on CRJ700, despite that I added "effects/glass" and the .nas file. May I know how can I fix that? Thank you, guys.
scarymovie

Postby dom_vc10 » Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:26 am

scarymovie wrote in Tue Jul 19, 2022 2:13 pm:Hi everyone, I noticed that "rain on glass" effect does not work on CRJ700, despite that I added "effects/glass" and the .nas file. May I know how can I fix that? Thank you, guys.

How is the glass modelled normally you need one model for the outside glass then an inner glass and you add the effect to the inner one. So basically you have two window models.
dom_vc10

Version: nightly

Postby wkitty42 » Tue Jul 26, 2022 12:50 pm

FWIW: when inside the craft, the rain splats stuff would be added to the interior glass model so you can see it from inside... to see it on the glass from outside, you add it to the outside glass while in the external view...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby scarymovie » Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:37 am

Thank you, guys.

After spending some time checking, I found that disabling the below lines resolved it.
<animation>
        <type>select</type>
        <object-name>CockpitWindows</object-name>
        <condition>
            <and>
                <not>
                    <property>sim/current-view/internal</property>
                </not>
                <not>
                    <property>sim/current-view/virtual-cockpit</property>
                </not>
            </and>
        </condition>
    </animation>

The next thing I would like to work on is adding wxradar to the existing multi-function display, similar to the 757. Any tips?

Thank you.
scarymovie

Postby jsb » Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:53 pm

Yes, read the following wiki pages before you start :)
https://wiki.flightgear.org/Canvas_EFIS_framework

PM me if you have specific questions regarding the nasal code.
jsb

Postby scarymovie » Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:10 am

jsb wrote in Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:53 pm:Yes, read the following wiki pages before you start :)
https://wiki.flightgear.org/Canvas_EFIS_framework

PM me if you have specific questions regarding the nasal code.

Hi jsb, thank you so much for responding. I believe you've disabled private message receipt, hence I was not able to PM you.
scarymovie

Postby jsb » Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:29 pm

Oh, I was not aware of that. Probably happened when I decide to have a break from active development (usually during summer). should be possible again now, but no guarantees regarding response time ;)
jsb

Postby scarymovie » Tue Oct 18, 2022 5:41 pm

Question:- I am using a throttle quadrant and really wish to not use the n/N button which toggles the clb, toga and max. Currently, I am using the FGAddon version. May I know how can I remove the n/N key binding control (thrust mode)?

Thank you.
scarymovie

Postby polly » Tue Oct 18, 2022 7:51 pm

The keybindings are in the file:
Aircraft/CRJ700family/Systems/CRJ700-keybindings.xml at line 305 onward.
Instead of deleting the bindings the comment line at 304 could be 'split' to disable the bindings:

<!-- Power plant
   <key n="78">
      <name>N</name>
      <desc>Decrement engine thrust modes</desc>
      <binding>
         <command>nasal</command>
         <script>
            controls.incThrustModes(-1);
            </script>
        </binding>
    </key>
   <key n="110">
      <name>n</name>
      <desc>Increment engine thrust modes</desc>
      <binding>
         <command>nasal</command>
         <script>
            controls.incThrustModes(1);
            </script>
        </binding>
    </key>  -->

Those N/n keys are also in the standard fgdata/keyboard.xml file, they control prop pitch, they shouldn't have any affect .

Maybe, if you have spare buttons at the bottom of the throttle base you can copy those bindings into the joystick xml file for the throttle unit: use js_demo to find the axes for the buttons and then add the bindings to the xml file.
polly

Postby scarymovie » Wed Oct 19, 2022 2:02 am

polly wrote in Tue Oct 18, 2022 7:51 pm:The keybindings are in the file:
Aircraft/CRJ700family/Systems/CRJ700-keybindings.xml at line 305 onward.
Instead of deleting the bindings the comment line at 304 could be 'split' to disable the bindings:

<!-- Power plant
   <key n="78">
      <name>N</name>
      <desc>Decrement engine thrust modes</desc>
      <binding>
         <command>nasal</command>
         <script>
            controls.incThrustModes(-1);
            </script>
        </binding>
    </key>
   <key n="110">
      <name>n</name>
      <desc>Increment engine thrust modes</desc>
      <binding>
         <command>nasal</command>
         <script>
            controls.incThrustModes(1);
            </script>
        </binding>
    </key>  -->

Those N/n keys are also in the standard fgdata/keyboard.xml file, they control prop pitch, they shouldn't have any affect .

Maybe, if you have spare buttons at the bottom of the throttle base you can copy those bindings into the joystick xml file for the throttle unit: use js_demo to find the axes for the buttons and then add the bindings to the xml file.

Hi polly, thank you so much for responding. I'm actually thinking how to control the throttle lever in one full motion (similar to the A320), instead of steps which is unrealistic.

Many thanks.
scarymovie

PreviousNext

Return to Aircraft