Board index FlightGear Development Aircraft

Grumman E-2C Hawkeye

Questions and discussion about creating aircraft. Flight dynamics, 3d models, cockpits, systems, animation, textures.

Re: Grumman E-2C Hawkeye

Postby Thorium » Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:02 pm

I Am happy that E-2 Released for FG2.4. but is its FDM realistic ? because i can takeoff in 50 kts :P
By the way, animations are realistic as far as i observed
All the best for future versions and congratulations for the current version
Thorium
Callsigns
In General: Thorium
BRT Airlines: BRT0056(Site: http://www.brtvirtualairlines.com)
Thorium

Callsign: Thorium
Version: 2

Postby Ragncajun80 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:02 pm

After successfully completing a 20 year Navy career 13Yrs of which was as a Maintainer on the Grumman E2C Hawkeye I'm very happy to see this Aircraft added to Flightgear 2.4.0 However I just can't seem to locate the correct download, can anyone please help the only one I can find is a C2 E2 combo file and isn't very detailed...Thanks
Ragncajun80

Postby xiii » Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:45 pm

Hi Ragncajun80

Here -> http://mapserver.flightgear.org/git/?p=fgdata;a=snapshot;h=a698aa255b43cf0aa09953705da5287c0db94597;sf=tgz

Download from Git, via mapserver.flightgear.org. This is current development version and it is compatible with Flightgear 2.4 and probably 2.2.

Note this is a work in progress and lot of things are missing. The 3D model isn't finished yet, the textures are not done, the fuselage needs more work... It will take a long, long time before production status. Anyway it's already flyable and it is carrier ready.

Alexis
If the engines are Pratt and Whitney, the seats best be Martin Baker
xiii

Postby TREEamble » Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:11 pm

Hey I fly on DCS and wanted to make an E-2C+ mod for DCS to fly around. I wanted to get permission to use your model for my mod until we can get our own model.
TREEamble

Postby Johan G » Wed Jul 14, 2021 4:25 am

Sadly it is probably gone since half a decade, when the maintainer of the mapserver took it down (the mapserver held geographic data used when building the current scenery).

It turns out it ended up in the official hangar. :D

It is licensed under the GNU General Public License, version 2 (GPLv2) license. As long as you comply with the GPLv2 license you are free to use the aircraft as you like.
Low-level flying — It's all fun and games till someone looses an engine. (Paraphrased from a YouTube video)
Improving the Dassault Mirage F1 (Wiki, Forum, GitLab. Work in slow progress)
Some YouTube videos
Johan G

Callsign: SE-JG
IRC name: Johan_G
Version: 2020.3.4

Postby TREEamble » Sun Jul 18, 2021 6:59 am

I'll make sure to read that but thank you for mentioning this, I saw that and wasn't sure so I thought I'd ask to be safe. I can't model very well myself and don't have any reliable source of obtaining a good model so this model is likely the best I'll get for now and it's amazing
Last edited by Johan G on Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please do not quote the entire preceding post.
TREEamble

Previous

Return to Aircraft