Board index FlightGear Development Aircraft

767 update

Questions and discussion about creating aircraft. Flight dynamics, 3d models, cockpits, systems, animation, textures.

767 update

Postby Liam » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:58 pm

Hi all, I have a very exciting release for the 767-300 which I hope you will enjoy testing. Credit must go to Isix for much of the new updates. Please feedback if you find any bugs or issues which you think we may have not noticed. Other than that, please enjoy.
Improvements include:
- More cockpit work, (although there is also a 2D panel also until it improves further).
- Animations complete including flaps, vertical stabilizer, wing ailerons and horizontal stabilizer.
- Minor FDM fixes, a few 'eye candy' fixes.
- TWO models (767-300 and 767-300ER)
- Completely new test FDM on the -300ER which should make its way to the -300, with a few unique changes.
- the -300ER is more complete than the -300, and since this release it is yet even more complete so expect a new update as well.

Download
Last edited by Liam on Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Liam

Callsign: Liam
Version: GIT

Re: 767 update

Postby skyop » Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:01 pm

Almost 65 MB!? That's a little big for an aircraft, isn't it?

Anyway, the cockpit looks nice for some preliminary work. Feel free to borrow any elements from the 752 when they are completed. However, the FDM still needs a LOT of tweaking. I started the engines, set flaps 0, and throttled up. The plane suddenly pitched up, by itself, and then I had absolutely no problem taking off at 80 knots.
Aircraft: [ CRJ700-family | DC-10-30 ] Scenery: [ KBFL ]
skyop

IRC name: skyop
Version: next

Postby Sweetgrapes » Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:20 pm

Well, but the last release was also 60 mb. Great to hear though that the 767 is getting updated.
But I think also that 60 mb is a bit too big for an aircraft that doesn`t even have a basic cockpit.
"A bird can`t damage an engine, but an engine can damage a bird."
Sweetgrapes

Callsign: Wingtip or MIA0049

Postby Liam » Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:31 pm

skyop wrote in Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:01 pm:Almost 65 MB!? That's a little big for an aircraft, isn't it?

If I hadn't included all of the liveries (some take over 4mb each), cabin sound effects (wav/mp3's use loads of space), third party models like the pushback, fuel trucks, baggage and stairway loaders (all separate models with their own files do not forget) then it would have probably been less than half the size it is now, but during development I have found it easier to keep it all together rather than lots of add-ons, when the plane itself is an add-on. Downsizing files in the future is always a good option.. I wish the TU-154b creators had done a bit of downsizing to improve game and plane performance, i believe thats something like an 85mb download.

Feel free to borrow any elements from the 752 when they are completed.

Im curious; is this the 757 which started life as my own? forgive me but I haven't been a very active forum member of late but I left the project when isix was working on it, anyway:- its great if you're now doing so.
Liam

Postby skyop » Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:43 pm

Liam wrote in Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:31 pm:Im curious; is this the 757 which started life as my own? forgive me but I haven't been a very active forum member of late but I left the project when isix was working on it, anyway:- its great if you're now doing so.

Correct. The thread's somewhere on page 2 if you look.

isix originally put in the cockpit identical to the one you have in the 767. A few forum members thought that wasn't good enough. ;)

As for your file size issues, the airport models combined only seem to occupy 4.3 MB. The liveries seem to be the main killers. Perhaps you could remove their alpha channels?
skyop

Postby ThomasCookAirlines » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:24 pm

Hmm , that's way to big file.I download plane packs for FSX and their about 50-80mb and have VC and everything.
''We can fly , if we have two wings and two jet engines.''

Airplanes:777-200ER, 737's,747's
Airports:San Fransisco Intl.Lennart Meri Tallinn Airport
ThomasCookAirlines

Callsign: Thomas,AVA0141.
IRC name: mpserver06
Version: Latest

Postby TOMCAT » Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:04 am

So no more updates to this aircraft :?: :?: :?: :oops:
TOMCAT

Postby Oscar » Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:13 am

What's the point of the big file size? You only download it once and after that, all that matters is the balance between impact on frame rate and graphics. Or am I missing something here?

I like this update Liam! Good to see you working on this plane again :wink: As I tested this release, I found I had trouble on approach holding the nose up. I can't remember exactly what the airspeed was, but I guess it was something around 170kts which seems a little high to me on full flaps. I'll do some more tests on that, because obviously this wasn't really accurate :P

The speed brake and flap animations are looking good :)

Image Image
Hitting some crosswinds at TNCM
Oscar

Postby TOMCAT » Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:40 am

Can somebody help me cause the airplane dont show up went i get in the simulator
TOMCAT

Postby skyop » Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:27 am

TOMCAT wrote in Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:40 am:Can somebody help me cause the airplane dont show up went i get in the simulator

http://flightgear.org/forums/viewforum.php?f=17

Read the top.
skyop

Postby TOMCAT » Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:02 am

I got Windows Xp i run 2.0 and the plane dosent show up went y spawn at the gate or runway
TOMCAT

Postby skyop » Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:04 am

We can't help you, you didn't read the whole top.
skyop

Postby Liam » Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:41 pm

Oscar wrote in Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:13 am:What's the point of the big file size? You only download it once and after that, all that matters is the balance between impact on frame rate and graphics. Or am I missing something here?

I agree but as it bugs some people still, I will remove some of the liveries.
Oscar wrote in Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:13 am:I like this update Liam! Good to see you working on this plane again :wink: As I tested this release, I found I had trouble on approach holding the nose up. I can't remember exactly what the airspeed was, but I guess it was something around 170kts which seems a little high to me on full flaps.

Brilliant that you like the updates, thanks for your feedback on the pitching problems, il see if i can do more work on those tonight as its a common error, most of the updates have been primarily visual and animation based so far yet the fdm seems to be worse than it was before!

In future releases I won't include many liveries, I will pick perhaps 2 or three and make sure that they are all on the livery database for ease.

Thanks all for testing it!, and again thanks to isix for his hard work and input to this project.

Regards
Liam

Edit: by the way has anyone tested the 767-300ER also included? Isix added that himself using the same model and it is just as complete yet with its own suitable FDM and it feels overall how one should expect it to, I have tested it with full weight, fuel and payload and it is much harder to take off, and even with less payload on a whole it feels much more realistic. I will see what I can do to the -300 in the next few hours and update the link above.
Liam

Postby TOMCAT » Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:53 am

Liam did you udgrade the link of the top :?: :?: :)
TOMCAT

Postby Liam » Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:13 pm

No not yet, I got a message from isix saying he was changing the entire FDM two days ago to replicate something a little more like the 763ER, except with proper -300 justifications. If you haven't tried the 767-300ER I would say please test it because its much better than the -300 as a flight dynamic experience, and the link had an ER as part of the package as well so you can already try it for yourself :).

Again if anyone wants to test the ER please do, I haven't had any feedback for that yet. As for the -300 we will keep this topic updated soon when he has replied :), although I know he has work stresses at the moment.

In other news, we want to stretch a -400 or -400ER version as well using the same model so perhaps we can include that in a future package as well, but liveries would be a problem for a longer fuselage, so they would need to be in their own folder so we may as well include it as a seperate aircraft entirely.

Cheers, Liam.
Liam

Next

Return to Aircraft