Board index FlightGear Development Aircraft

A320-family development

Questions and discussion about creating aircraft. Flight dynamics, 3d models, cockpits, systems, animation, textures.

Re: A320-family development

Postby legoboyvdlp » Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:37 pm

Merged in a new electrical system to the dev branch - all the relays / switching are now done to spec from the maintenance manuals and the operations, including of the static inverter, emergency generator, etc should all be correct. Please let me know if you think you find any bugs! And I fixed the displays which sometimes would start self-testing after power transients or electrical failures. Now it will only self test once power is lost for > 3 seconds as per the maintenance manual.

In addition I also allowed the SD pages to be displayed on the E/WD display by holding the SD page button. That doesn't yet work perfectly but its a WIP.
legoboyvdlp

Callsign: G-LEGO
Version: next

Postby V12 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:19 am

I performed test flight after my FG upgrade and observed strange AT behaviour :
- AP ON, AT ON, both FDs ON, on FMA THR IDLE, managed speed, target speed (magenta triange) at 137 kts
- AP OFF, AT still on, both FDs ON, target speed still at 137 kts, but engines accelerated to full power for CLB rating and THR IDLE disappeared from FMA
Then I set idle power (AT off), selected speed to 140 kts, engaged AT and thrust lever moved to CL, V/S selected on 0 fpm, on FMA is SPEED.
Please check video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdAkyqciMz0, this situation is at 1:03:00

IMHO, on FMA should be THR IDLE and engines on idle before my intervention, but I'm not 100% sure.
Fly high, fly fast - fly Concorde !
V12

Callsign: BAWV12

Postby legoboyvdlp » Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:25 am

V12 wrote in Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:19 am:I performed test flight after my FG upgrade and observed strange AT behaviour :

- AP OFF, AT still on, both FDs ON, target speed still at 137 kts, but engines accelerated to full power for CLB rating and THR IDLE disappeared from FMA

Please check video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdAkyqciMz0, this situation is at 1:03:00

As you can see the AT was disconnected at the same time as the AP. It was a soft disconnect because the warning disappears after 3 seconds. Are you sure you didn't command this soft disconnect (ctrl-D)?
legoboyvdlp

Postby V12 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:39 am

Damn ! I did not noticed AT off. And I'm 100% sure that I did not disconnected AT.

EDIT :
Problem solved !
I have upper joystick button mapped to CTRL+D for AP disconnect. I take control with joystick movement, alarm sounded and with FSL A320X manner I pressed button for alarm silence. But alarm was not silenced (I made it with mouse) and I did not observed that I disengaged A/T.

Thank You, more eyes can see more things.

BTW, is possible to set detent zones for throttle in the menu or MCDU ?
V12

Postby merspieler » Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:47 pm

detends will be configureable...
there's already some work done to this on 3D branch but no ui yet...
Nia (you&, she/her)

Please use gender neutral terms when referring to a group of people!

Be the change you wish to see in the world, be an ally to all!

Join the official matrix space
merspieler

Pronouns: you&, she/her
Callsign: you&, she/her
IRC name: merspieler

Postby V12 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:56 pm

OK, thx.
V12

Postby Lydiot » Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:05 pm

Sorry if I missed this. I upgraded not long ago after a long time with an old version and two things I noted were first that the route manager works differently now. As a casual flyer I think it's a mistake to take out the other way of setting up a flightplan. It's much easier using the default built in way of doing it so it's easier and faster to get flying. If you had just added the new way of doing it then people would have a choice. So I think you should bring back the other way of doing it.

The other thing I noticed was that before I could click on "5" on the numeric keypad and it reset controls. Now it switches view instead. Did this get remapped to somewhere else? Can we get this back or?
Lydiot

Postby legoboyvdlp » Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:50 pm

Hello again,

If you turn on the keyboard mode (under A320-family > Aircraft Config), that will restore the normal function of the numpad keys. It's been like that since the IDG-A32X if I remember right.

As far as the route manager; it's gone because the new way is simply not compatible with it; sorry. Perhaps this will help:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAim7ZvBfCs
legoboyvdlp

Postby Lydiot » Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:37 pm

legoboyvdlp wrote in Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:50 pm:Hello again,

If you turn on the keyboard mode (under A320-family > Aircraft Config), that will restore the normal function of the numpad keys. It's been like that since the IDG-A32X if I remember right.

Thanks, I'll take a look at that.

legoboyvdlp wrote in Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:50 pm:As far as the route manager; it's gone because the new way is simply not compatible with it; sorry. Perhaps this will help:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAim7ZvBfCs

Well that sucks.
Lydiot

Postby Ysop » Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:50 pm

Before that there were a stream of complaints, that the FGMS was not implemented and it was necessary to use the route manager. The proper setting up of the systems might just needing time and training, but is part of the experience.

Compliments for the great work! It will take a long time to explore and appreciate all the items simulated.

[edit: re-wording for a more appropriate tone]
Ysop

Version: 2020.3.18

Postby Lydiot » Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:36 pm

Oh I understand that it might be more realistic, but it's also raising the bar significantly on just getting up in the air and getting the plane to follow a predefined route. I'm 100% in favor of making things realistic, it's just that if it was possible to have it both ways that would have been better.

Think of it this way: It's the equivalent of clicking the "ready to taxi" button instead of "ready to start engines" or start completely cold. It's just a way to get the player to a starting point faster for those times that the player wants that.
Lydiot

Postby merspieler » Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:01 pm

Well... there is one way... create your route in simbrief... then load it directly into the MCDU... is a singe click in the MCDU.
Nia (you&, she/her)

Please use gender neutral terms when referring to a group of people!

Be the change you wish to see in the world, be an ally to all!

Join the official matrix space
merspieler

Pronouns: you&, she/her
Callsign: you&, she/her
IRC name: merspieler

Postby V12 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:07 pm

The state "ready to start engines" is here for faster start and SimBrief integration. Because as in the reality, You can download flightplan only with not running engines. For flight planning, check SimBrief, create an account - it is free. Make flightplan and You can download this flightplan and other OFP data into FMGC. Check this video for more details :

Or this one - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdAkyqciMz0 with full flight. In both cases I used flightplan generated in the SimBrief. But You still need enter some data into MCDU manually.
V12

Postby Octal450 » Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:17 pm

It's not any harder to use the MCDU vs Route Manager. You still type what you want and insert... I fail to see how it's harder to get up in a air?

Detents configuration will come soon. I'm working out some other things rn before I get back to that. It is already supported by my new FADEC.

Kind Regards,
Josh
Skillset: JSBsim Flight Dynamics, Systems, Canvas, Autoflight/Control, Instrumentation, Animations
Aircraft: A320-family, MD-11, MD-80, Contribs in a few others

Octal450's GitHub|Launcher Catalog
|Airbus Dev Discord|Octal450 Hangar Dev Discord
Octal450

Callsign: WTF411

Postby V12 » Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:00 pm

I'm happy to use MCDU for flight planning (and other things). It is much more realistic than route manager. And remote MCDU is sweet bonus.
V12

PreviousNext

Return to Aircraft