Board index FlightGear Support Graphics

FG renders my model dislocated !

Graphics issues like: bad framerates, weird colors, OpenGL errors etc. Bad graphics ar usually the result of bad graphics cards or drivers.
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- what graphics card do you have?
- does the problem occur with any aircraft, at any airport?
- is there any output printed to the console (black window)?
- copy&paste your commandline (tick the "Show commandline box on the last page of FGRun or the "Others" section on the Mac launcher).
- please upload a screenshot of the problem.

If you experience FlightGear crashes, please report a bug using the issue tracker (can be also used for feature requests).
To run FlightGear on old computers with bad OpenGL support, please take a look at this wiki article. If you are seeing corrupted/broken textures, please see this article.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

FG renders my model dislocated !

Postby S-KIMO » Wed Feb 23, 2022 5:14 pm

Help me, please !

My F-8E(FN) Crusader model is created with Blender 2.79b...
To implement it under FlightGear, I use the add-on which exports the .blend file under an .ac file...
I now have a model that appears dislocated!
When I import the .ac file, Blender renders my model correctly...
When I stake my model in place of the original model of another existing plane in FG's main hangar, my model renders correctly...apart from the textures which I didn't stake too!
When I implant a model of another existing plane in the main hangar of FG instead of mine in his file, this model is rendered correctly...
What's going on ? How to fix the problem?
Thank you for your opinions.
S-KIMO

Re: FG renders my model dislocated !

Postby wkitty42 » Wed Feb 23, 2022 7:16 pm

sounds like your model's origin (0,0,0) is different from the model you are replacing... it may also be that the model you are replacing is (or not) using any of the model placement offsets in the XML and this then places your model where you are not expecting it to be... i suspect a combination of the two, really...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby S-KIMO » Thu Feb 24, 2022 9:59 am

Bonjour de France,

When I perform the hotkey commands, the plane almost entirely rebuilds as I've known it for a long time! Some elements remain offbeat!

http://www.mediafire.com/view/aac3v5ay5 ... 2.png/file

http://www.mediafire.com/view/wdvgedgza ... 6.png/file

When I put it in another folder, it shows up correctly! Here it replaces a David Culp F105D...hence the CP flame! He is as I have always seen him! Except that I didn't put his textures in this folder...and yet we see a French Naval Aeronautics roundel that shouldn't appear! Amazing?

http://www.mediafire.com/view/ackqy6lhj ... 3.png/file

So there is obviously a problem importing the .ac file! I did a test reading of another model (F105D) by my file and the plane reads correctly:

http://www.mediafire.com/view/t4xk2r3dq ... 8.png/file

Here is what I can say having done my tests: a bug now occurs in the reading of the .ac file of my model which dates from a very long time!

@+
Last edited by S-KIMO on Sat Feb 26, 2022 10:41 am, edited 6 times in total.
S-KIMO

Postby Gijs » Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:00 am

Hi,

Your screenshots are not visible, as you'll need to upload them to a public server (luckily we cannot see files that are on your computer!). See this topic for instructions: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=8873

Gijs
Airports: EHAM, EHLE, KSFO
Aircraft: 747-400
Gijs

Callsign: PH-GYS
Version: Git

Postby S-KIMO » Thu Feb 24, 2022 12:01 pm

Yes it's done...
S-KIMO

Postby wkitty42 » Thu Feb 24, 2022 4:59 pm

what is done? the images in your initial post are still not visible... did you update those img links with the new URLs?
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Return to Graphics