Board index FlightGear Support Graphics

texture

Graphics issues like: bad framerates, weird colors, OpenGL errors etc. Bad graphics ar usually the result of bad graphics cards or drivers.
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- what graphics card do you have?
- does the problem occur with any aircraft, at any airport?
- is there any output printed to the console (black window)?
- copy&paste your commandline (tick the "Show commandline box on the last page of FGRun or the "Others" section on the Mac launcher).
- please upload a screenshot of the problem.

If you experience FlightGear crashes, please report a bug using the issue tracker (can be also used for feature requests).
To run FlightGear on old computers with bad OpenGL support, please take a look at this wiki article. If you are seeing corrupted/broken textures, please see this article.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

texture

Postby mavi » Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:57 pm

Hi everyone! I would like to know why the winter scenery in my country (Italy) always appears with snow, even if I have activated the local weather and in reality there is no snow. In order not to have snow I have to put the summer scenery. All of this is not real. I have TerraSync activated. Thanks for the help.

windows 11
FG 2020.3
Ryzen 7 4000 series
GeForce GTX 1650 ti
mavi

Re: texture

Postby wlbragg » Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:19 pm

Because that is the way it is set up. The winter texture baseline has a certain amount of snow no matter what. The current development version has done away with this switch and it is all done by shader special effects controlled manually by slider settings or by a new seasoal logic that can be turned on to mimic seasonal patterns.
Kansas and Ohio/Midwest scenery development.
KEQA, 3AU, KRCP Airport Layout
Intel i7/GeForce RTX 2070/Max-Q
wlbragg

Callsign: WC2020
Version: next

Postby mavi » Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:28 am

Thanks for the reply! How long we have to wait for the new version of FG?
mavi

Postby wlbragg » Fri Jan 28, 2022 4:48 pm

I can't tell you that, I don't know.

You can run it right now from nightlies or building development versions yourself. There are instructions in the wiki.
Kansas and Ohio/Midwest scenery development.
KEQA, 3AU, KRCP Airport Layout
Intel i7/GeForce RTX 2070/Max-Q
wlbragg

Callsign: WC2020
Version: next

Postby Thorsten » Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:14 pm

even if I have activated the local weather and in reality there is no snow.

Weather reports only if snow is falling, not if snow is on the ground. There's no way of deducing that info from weather reports.

All of this is not real.

Of course it's not real- it's a simulation. Even halfway real weather is a few million times more complex than your computer can handle.
Thorsten

Return to Graphics