Board index FlightGear Support Graphics

Exterior of Aircraft Model not being displayed

Graphics issues like: bad framerates, weird colors, OpenGL errors etc. Bad graphics ar usually the result of bad graphics cards or drivers.
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- what graphics card do you have?
- does the problem occur with any aircraft, at any airport?
- is there any output printed to the console (black window)?
- copy&paste your commandline (tick the "Show commandline box on the last page of FGRun or the "Others" section on the Mac launcher).
- please upload a screenshot of the problem.

If you experience FlightGear crashes, please report a bug using the issue tracker (can be also used for feature requests).
To run FlightGear on old computers with bad OpenGL support, please take a look at this wiki article. If you are seeing corrupted/broken textures, please see this article.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

Exterior of Aircraft Model not being displayed

Postby ashish3011 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:54 pm

Just installed Flight Gear 2020.3 and I was trying to Fly the Cessna 172p aircraft. When I hit the fly button on the launcher, it loaded on the application and just when I was about to start the flight, I ventured to the exterior of the aircraft (exited out of the cockpit), to realize that the External view of the aircraft is not being loaded or rendered. I initially thought it could be a problem with the aircraft but the same seems to be happening when I try choosing other aircrafts to fly. Apologies if I have missed anything, it's still new to me and I'm trying to figure it out slowly.
Last edited by ashish3011 on Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
ashish3011

Re: Exterior of Aircraft Model not being displayed

Postby wkitty42 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:15 pm

not sure if asking this will help point to the solution but how did you "exit out of the cockpit"?
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby ashish3011 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:48 am

I switched from the cockpit view to the external view by pressing c on the keyboard
ashish3011

Postby benih » Sat Nov 20, 2021 11:11 am

That is the „hide cockpit“ key, so everything works as expected.
Try „v“
benih

Callsign: D-EBHX
Version: next

Postby wkitty42 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 11:13 am

do you mean 'v' for "view change"? 'c' is a general sim key that toggles the 2D and 3D cockpit...
i ask are you sure you use the 'c' because they are right beside each other on the keyboard and it is easy to hit the wrong one...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Return to Graphics