Board index FlightGear Support Graphics

OSG Warning: detected OpenGL error 'invalid enumerant'  Topic is solved

Graphics issues like: bad framerates, weird colors, OpenGL errors etc. Bad graphics ar usually the result of bad graphics cards or drivers.
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- what graphics card do you have?
- does the problem occur with any aircraft, at any airport?
- is there any output printed to the console (black window)?
- copy&paste your commandline (tick the "Show commandline box on the last page of FGRun or the "Others" section on the Mac launcher).
- please upload a screenshot of the problem.

If you experience FlightGear crashes, please report a bug using the issue tracker (can be also used for feature requests).
To run FlightGear on old computers with bad OpenGL support, please take a look at this wiki article. If you are seeing corrupted/broken textures, please see this article.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

OSG Warning: detected OpenGL error 'invalid enumerant'

Postby powoflight » Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:05 pm

I got a lot of error messages
67.16 [WARN]:OSG /home/xxxxx/flightgear/stable/install/simgear/include/simgear/debug/OsgIoCapture.hxx:36: Warning: detected OpenGL error 'invalid enumerant' after applying GLMode 0x4026

How can i disable this OSG message warnings?
fsgslog increase to 500MB.

Ubuntu LTS 18.04
Nvidia Card GTX 1060

This happens too with my ppa.launchpad.net/ saiarcot895/flightgear version 2020.3.1

I try it with my QT Launcher but no success.

I am not sure but maybe this happens after the last update for the Nvidia driver from the Ubuntu LTS Version
NVIDIA Driver Version: 450.102.04.

I have found here viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3267&p=30036&hilit=invalid+enumerant#p29986
According to OSG FAQ, default level is NOTICE, so setting value of OSG_NOTIFY_LEVEL environment variable to ALWAYS or FATAL will stop error message "warning: detected OpenGL error..." in FlightGear.

but how i do it in the Launcher?
powoflight

Callsign: OE-POW
Version: 2020.4

Re: OSG Warning: detected OpenGL error 'invalid enumerant'

Postby zakalawe » Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:14 pm

Setting OSG_GL_ERROR_CHECKING=OFF (in your environment) will stop these warnings. (It doesn't fix the problem, just hides the messages)

You need set this in your shell: for example in your .profile or similar. If you're starting FlightGear via .desktop shortcut, you might need to edit the shortcut to set the env-var : I'm never sure which files different desktop environments read. If you're running from a terminal, editing the .baschrc or equivalent for your shell will work. Again, this won't fix the problem: and at least for me on a similar nVidida card and drivers, I've not seen this problem on Ubuntu myself (either 18.04 or now, 20.04).
zakalawe

Callsign: G-ZKLW
Version: next

Postby powoflight » Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:33 am

Perfect zakalawe
starting FlightGear via .desktop shortcut, you might need to edit the shortcut to set the env-var

I put it in the Desktop Entry
Code: Select all
[Desktop Entry]
Version=1.0
#Exec=/usr/games/fgfs --launcher
Exec=env OSG_GL_ERROR_CHECKING=OFF /usr/games/fgfs --launcher

and it works.

I've not seen this problem on Ubuntu myself (either 18.04 or now, 20.04).

This happens, because i have some converted models from X-plane and one model has some errors :cry:

Anyway thanks to Scotland and the excellent whiskies...
powoflight

Callsign: OE-POW
Version: 2020.4

Postby zakalawe » Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:30 pm

powoflight wrote in Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:33 am:This happens, because i have some converted models from X-plane and one model has some errors

In that case I would recommend you to undo the changes in the .desktop, and rather fix the converted model: would be much better from a 'safety' point of view, and otherwise everyone you share the model with, will have the same problem. Maybe even opening the file in Blender and re-saving would fix it, depending on exactly what the problems are.
zakalawe

Callsign: G-ZKLW
Version: next

Postby scarymovie » Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:55 pm

zakalawe wrote in Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:14 pm:Setting OSG_GL_ERROR_CHECKING=OFF (in your environment) will stop these warnings. (It doesn't fix the problem, just hides the messages)

You need set this in your shell: for example in your .profile or similar. If you're starting FlightGear via .desktop shortcut, you might need to edit the shortcut to set the env-var : I'm never sure which files different desktop environments read. If you're running from a terminal, editing the .baschrc or equivalent for your shell will work. Again, this won't fix the problem: and at least for me on a similar nVidida card and drivers, I've not seen this problem on Ubuntu myself (either 18.04 or now, 20.04).

Hi zakalawe, I am having the same issues. May I know how can I turn the OSG_GL_ERROR_CHECKING off on a WIN 10 machine?

Thank you
scarymovie

Postby wkitty42 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 1:11 pm

uncle google found the answer to this question fairly easily...

if you do not have admin rights on the machine, you can set environment variables for your account only: http://www.kscodes.com/misc/how-to-set-path-in-windows-without-admin-rights/

if you do have admin rights on the machine, you can set environment variables globally: https://www.architectryan.com/2018/08/31/how-to-change-environment-variables-on-windows-10/

you can also set an environment variable for one program but that may bring unwanted things along (eg: extra console opening)... but if the program is started via a .bat file, the environment variable can be set in there... yes, you can create or modify a shortcut to point to a .bat file...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby D-MKF1 » Sun Mar 06, 2022 7:44 pm

In the nightly versions I get the error message
Warning: detected OpenGL error 'invalid operation' after applying GLMode 0xde1
filled up.
Is there a way so that this is no longer displayed on the console under mac?
I have the zsh shell but haven't found the right place to add appropriate commands yet.
Unfortunately, I can no longer find my own reports due to this error message :)

Cheers,
Marc
D-MKF1

Version: Git

Return to Graphics