Board index FlightGear Support Graphics

Moving the instant replay controls  Topic is solved

Graphics issues like: bad framerates, weird colors, OpenGL errors etc. Bad graphics ar usually the result of bad graphics cards or drivers.
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- what graphics card do you have?
- does the problem occur with any aircraft, at any airport?
- is there any output printed to the console (black window)?
- copy&paste your commandline (tick the "Show commandline box on the last page of FGRun or the "Others" section on the Mac launcher).
- please upload a screenshot of the problem.

If you experience FlightGear crashes, please report a bug using the issue tracker (can be also used for feature requests).
To run FlightGear on old computers with bad OpenGL support, please take a look at this wiki article. If you are seeing corrupted/broken textures, please see this article.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

Moving the instant replay controls

Postby tom_nl » Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:02 pm

Hi All,

Is it possible to move the instant replay controls to a different location on the screen?

First some background on why I want to do this - i'm running three monitors side by side. The centre screen is a Dell P2312H running at 1920x1080, the left and right screens are 2x Dell U2412M running 1920x1200. All are 'borrowed' from work for use on my work laptop since I've been working from home, but they just happened to end up connected to my own laptop as well :wink: (always thought when I was in the office it would make an awesome FlightGear setup which has been proven correct :D ). Unfortunately I couldn't get a third U2412M for the centre screen.

The monitors are all physically the same width. and I have them set up with the tops aligned for various reasons. I'm running FG in a single 5760x1200 window across all the screens which of course will extend below the base of the centre screen. I think because of the physical alignment i've used, no matter what I do with the multiscreen XML file, I cannot get the individual camera views on each screen to align correctly at the screen's native resolutions - when panning features always move out of alignment. As a workaround i've had to resort to a pseudo large screen camera on the centre screen with the same 1920x1200 resolution as the left and right screen cameras - this of course extends below the base of the screen but it least makes features on the screens line up properly as I pan around.

However, this has introduced another side effect - if I want to view the instant replay, the controls display at the bottom of the middle camera - because the camera size is larger than the screen size, it's drawn off the bottom of the screen. Hence there's no way I can control the replay.

So the question I have - Is there a way to move the replay controls location to another position on screen? Did a search - didn't find anything. Guessing there's some XML I have to change somewhere but where?

For reference - this is FG 2020.3.5, OS X Big Sur on a mid-2014 MacBook Pro with GT750M graphics.

Thanks in advance,

Tom
tom_nl

Re: Moving the instant replay controls  

Postby cgdae » Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:40 pm

You could try this diff in fgdata:

Code: Select all
diff --git a/gui/dialogs/replay.xml b/gui/dialogs/replay.xml
index e27175f86..209dad7d0 100644
--- a/gui/dialogs/replay.xml
+++ b/gui/dialogs/replay.xml
@@ -5,7 +5,7 @@
        <layout>vbox</layout>
        <modal>false</modal>
        <default-padding>1</default-padding>
-       <y>5</y>
+       <y>200</y>
        <color>
                <red>0.2</red>
                <green>0.2</green>

Hope that helps,

- Jules
cgdae

Re: Moving the instant replay controls

Postby tom_nl » Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:50 pm

Thanks Jules - changing 5 to 200 worked perfectly! much appreciated.

Tom
tom_nl

Return to Graphics