Board index FlightGear Support Graphics

3d graphics and glasses

Graphics issues like: bad framerates, weird colors, OpenGL errors etc. Bad graphics ar usually the result of bad graphics cards or drivers.
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- what graphics card do you have?
- does the problem occur with any aircraft, at any airport?
- is there any output printed to the console (black window)?
- copy&paste your commandline (tick the "Show commandline box on the last page of FGRun or the "Others" section on the Mac launcher).
- please upload a screenshot of the problem.

If you experience FlightGear crashes, please report a bug using the issue tracker (can be also used for feature requests).
To run FlightGear on old computers with bad OpenGL support, please take a look at this wiki article. If you are seeing corrupted/broken textures, please see this article.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

3d graphics and glasses

Postby vi3da » Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:23 pm

hello,
did anybody try recently to use 3D option view?
Honestly i didn't find any detailed explanation about different options.
Which option are you using (anaglyphic, horizontal/vertical split/quad_buffer....) and what glasses/equipments?

thank you
Vi3da
vi3da

Version: 2019.1.1

Re: 3d graphics and glasses

Postby wlbragg » Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:13 pm

I played with it awhile back using the red/blue glasses and whatever technique that is. It worked as well as the glasses were cheap!
I only know there are several different ways to get 3 dimensional effects and FG has built in methods for a few of the different methods.
Kansas(2-27-15)/Ohio/Midwest scenery development.
KEQA (2-27-15), 3AU, KRCP Airport Layout
Intel i5 3570K AMDRX480
wlbragg

Callsign: WC2020
Version: next

Re: 3d graphics and glasses

Postby pb321 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:19 pm

I've used the stereo/split view with an "onn" virtual reality smartphone headset ($5 at Walmart). This is a "Google cardboard" device. I'm sure other, similar headsets are available or you could make your own. It worked pretty well but it is tough on the eyes! Software used was Trinus Cardboard for Android.
pb321

Version: 2020.2.1

Return to Graphics