Board index FlightGear Support Graphics

Airport DXXX

Graphics issues like: bad framerates, weird colors, OpenGL errors etc. Bad graphics ar usually the result of bad graphics cards or drivers.
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- what graphics card do you have?
- does the problem occur with any aircraft, at any airport?
- is there any output printed to the console (black window)?
- copy&paste your commandline (tick the "Show commandline box on the last page of FGRun or the "Others" section on the Mac launcher).
- please upload a screenshot of the problem.

If you experience FlightGear crashes, please report a bug using the issue tracker (can be also used for feature requests).
To run FlightGear on old computers with bad OpenGL support, please take a look at this wiki article. If you are seeing corrupted/broken textures, please see this article.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

Airport DXXX

Postby Robertfm » Sun Apr 12, 2020 5:53 pm

Went into land at this airport and what I saw was Tarmac, Grass, Tarmac, Grass etc the length of the runway. I assumed the grass would be flat but as I rolled out the grass was raised and stopped the plane and I couldn't move. I exited the sim and reloaded the same airport thinking it may have been a glitch but it was exactly the same.

Not sure who deals with this, but all other airports in the regions are fine.
Robertfm

Re: Airport DXXX

Postby WoodSTokk » Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:15 pm

Thats a bug in the scenery tool chain. It happens only on airports that are positioned on a tile border, but not allways.
The scenery tool chain cut out the area where the airport will be placed, but sometimes it cut only on tile and not the other.
There are more airports with that bug.

You can only wait until the scenery will be newly regenereted and hope this bug is fixed in the new tool chain.
(or i finish my program to repair this sort of scenery, but i think the next spare time will be in a year or so).
WoodSTokk

Callsign: OE-WST
IRC name: WoodSTokk
Version: 2020.3.0

Postby Robertfm » Sun Apr 12, 2020 7:06 pm

Thanks I thought it maybe something like. However I finished another flight to DNMN in same regions this time it was dark and despite it being an IL approach no runway lights activated. I managed to land more by good luck. Is there a way of turning on runway lights like in real life for remote region airports
Robertfm

Postby WoodSTokk » Sun Apr 12, 2020 7:20 pm

Robertfm wrote in Sun Apr 12, 2020 7:06 pm:Is there a way of turning on runway lights like in real life for remote region airports

No. I have think about that 1 year before, but the problem is the multiplayer.
If a pilot turn on the RWY lights, all other pilots should also ree it. This means, the MP server must manage all airport lights (when goes on, when goes off) and the brightness (can also be set in RL).
For that the MP protocol and all MP server need a update.
So i think this feature has a very low priority for the devs.
WoodSTokk

Postby Robertfm » Sun Apr 12, 2020 7:31 pm

Thanks again. Just seemed odd it didn't have visible lights of any description except wind sock was illuminated.
Robertfm

Postby WoodSTokk » Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:36 pm

Have now a look at DNMN. This airfield is a default automatically generated layout based only on the runway data.
You can recognize a default layout by a parallel taxiway with 3 holdings (2 at the end and one in the middle of the runway).
The only thing that match the reality is the runway itself.
As far as i know, default layouts have never lights. Also the white/green flasher is missing.
WoodSTokk

Postby Robertfm » Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:47 pm

Thanks I will remember to fly it in daylight.
Robertfm

Postby Robertfm » Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:08 pm

Robertfm wrote in Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:47 pm:Thanks I will remember to fly it in daylight.

Landed this morning nice run way, no Papi Lights or anything else as you said.
Robertfm

Return to Graphics