Board index FlightGear Support Graphics

Planes all black

Graphics issues like: bad framerates, weird colors, OpenGL errors etc. Bad graphics ar usually the result of bad graphics cards or drivers.
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- what graphics card do you have?
- does the problem occur with any aircraft, at any airport?
- is there any output printed to the console (black window)?
- copy&paste your commandline (tick the "Show commandline box on the last page of FGRun or the "Others" section on the Mac launcher).
- please upload a screenshot of the problem.

If you experience FlightGear crashes, please report a bug using the issue tracker (can be also used for feature requests).
To run FlightGear on old computers with bad OpenGL support, please take a look at this wiki article. If you are seeing corrupted/broken textures, please see this article.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

Planes all black

Postby schoolnews » Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:37 pm

I installed the game yesterday, and it was working great. When I came to play it today, all the planes were black with no livery. If I switch to the cockpit view, it's all black and white. I can see the knobs and buttons and the instruments work, but all the textures are gone. I've tried the 777-300ER and the 757, both of them have the same problem. Any fix?
schoolnews

Re: Planes all black

Postby enrogue » Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:35 pm

you don't say OS or version you are running

The above sounds like your system has DDS texture cache enabled but doesn't support DDS textures (macOS has problems with DDS for instance)

it's in View->Rendering Options, 6th checkbox from the top on the left hand side - disable it & restart FG
enrogue

Callsign: enrogue

Return to Graphics