Board index FlightGear Support Graphics

Partial reflection of the cockpit in PA-28 windscreen

Graphics issues like: bad framerates, weird colors, OpenGL errors etc. Bad graphics ar usually the result of bad graphics cards or drivers.
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- what graphics card do you have?
- does the problem occur with any aircraft, at any airport?
- is there any output printed to the console (black window)?
- copy&paste your commandline (tick the "Show commandline box on the last page of FGRun or the "Others" section on the Mac launcher).
- please upload a screenshot of the problem.

If you experience FlightGear crashes, please report a bug using the issue tracker (can be also used for feature requests).
To run FlightGear on old computers with bad OpenGL support, please take a look at this wiki article. If you are seeing corrupted/broken textures, please see this article.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

Re: Partial reflection of the cockpit in PA-28 windscreen

Postby D-ECHO » Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:22 pm

Erm, tbh I made the 3d for Josh and am still maintaining it - even though nothing New is currently planned. Not saying it is perfect as is now but its not "not taken care of", imo
D-ECHO

Postby Knüppelrührer » Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:28 pm

Ok, D-ECHO, that was not obvious. Sorry, if this has come up somewhat negatively.
I just don't want you to be distracted from the super pretty C140 ;-)
Knüppelrührer

Version: 2019.1.1

Postby Robertfm » Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:35 pm

Do you really think I care about my standing. I joined the forum to try and understand the working s of the planes I fly. I don't have the skills necessary to put things right or change things. All I have ever done is point out things when they aren't working properly based on information I have read about, either from past FG threads or real world flying.

As for your first point there is no guidance on which board index sub heading should be used. As it happens everyone can read all threads so others decide the right sub heading which still doesn't indicate why it's chosen.
Robertfm

Postby D-ECHO » Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:13 pm

Knüppelrührer wrote in Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:28 pm:Ok, D-ECHO, that was not obvious. Sorry, if this has come up somewhat negatively.
I just don't want you to be distracted from the super pretty C140 ;-)

No Problem :)
D-ECHO

Postby Knüppelrührer » Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:42 pm

It was just an idea with various advantages. Noted, that you have chosen not to use it.

There is clearly a difference in the way of working here. To keep information bundled it is important to stay on the topic. You find this written in bold on top of the page. Other guys might search in the forum for different issues. And at times it is important to get the whole discussion. Knowledge management ;-)
Also it is important to get the priority items fixed. And these are not necessarily the same as the ones a single user is calling for.

Thanks D-ECHO for working on the reflections. Quite amazing feature. Maybe on the side windows intensity should be tied to the instrument lighting as well? ;-)

BTW: Being forced to limit social activities has its advantages. Doing some things in OpenVSP currently....
Knüppelrührer

Version: 2019.1.1

Postby Robertfm » Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:47 pm

Oh the irony: Thanks D-ECHO for working on the reflections. Quite amazing feature. Maybe on the side windows intensity should be tied to the instrument lighting as well? ;-) The problem I highlighted.
Robertfm

Postby Thorsten » Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:12 am

Do you really think I care about my standing.

It's been pretty obvious that you don't - all we get to hear from you is that things don't work the way you like them, and that appears to be your main concern.

Whereas 'your standing' is important for the collaborative work that creates all of what you enjoy here. Bad-mouthing people's work neither gets you want you like, nor does it help the project in any way - it is just destructive. There is *gasp* also a constructive approach in which you create something yourself, or help others by finding information they need (rather than trying to get everyone focused on what you believe you need).

I'm sure you're able to see the difference after some thinking :D

The problem I highlighted.

In fact you did not - you called the whole reflection 'bloody awful' without any sign of understanding that reflection of a bright interior is a problem in reality and without any hint that a connection to residual light should be in - that information was supplied by someone else.

As I said above - that's a fairly good example of destructive bad-mouthing vs. meaningful critique. Try more of the latter.
Thorsten

Postby D-ECHO » Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:17 am

Knüppelrührer wrote in Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:42 pm:Thanks D-ECHO for working on the reflections. Quite amazing feature. Maybe on the side windows intensity should be tied to the instrument lighting as well? ;-)

Of course, just had it forgotten.. should be added now!
D-ECHO

Postby Hooray » Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:33 am

Thorsten, once you are finished fixing the bug, please also fix my bloody awful car. Thanks ! :mrgreen:
Please don't send support requests by PM, instead post your questions on the forum so that all users can contribute and benefit
Thanks & all the best,
Hooray
Help write next month's newsletter !
pui2canvas | MapStructure | Canvas Development | Programming resources
Hooray

Postby Johan G » Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:09 pm

Some additional posts were moved to the topic Piper PA28 Warrior II.
Low-level flying — It's all fun and games till someone looses an engine. (Paraphrased from a YouTube video)
Improving the Dassault Mirage F1 (Wiki, Forum, GitLab. Work in slow progress)
Johan G

Callsign: SE-JG
IRC name: Johan_G
Version: 3.0.0

Previous

Return to Graphics