Board index FlightGear Support Graphics

Partial reflection of the cockpit in PA-28 windscreen

Graphics issues like: bad framerates, weird colors, OpenGL errors etc. Bad graphics ar usually the result of bad graphics cards or drivers.
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- what graphics card do you have?
- does the problem occur with any aircraft, at any airport?
- is there any output printed to the console (black window)?
- copy&paste your commandline (tick the "Show commandline box on the last page of FGRun or the "Others" section on the Mac launcher).
- please upload a screenshot of the problem.

If you experience FlightGear crashes, please report a bug using the issue tracker (can be also used for feature requests).
To run FlightGear on old computers with bad OpenGL support, please take a look at this wiki article. If you are seeing corrupted/broken textures, please see this article.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

Re: Partial reflection of the cockpit in PA-28 windscreen

Postby Robertfm » Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:54 am

Multiple incidence of him being 'accused' would tend to suggest he does insult people.

Another extract: 'Thorsten over the years you've treated people badly, with an arrogance that beggars belief.

Collaboration is about mutual respect but from the get go you show none and have no patience with new comers.... you stated the problems we have between us was instigated because of my belief that in a closed combat multiplayer environment that T4T would be looking to create mouse control of a plane would be removed...'

Now it could well be we are all ultra sensitive, or there just could be some truth in it. He has even had 'disagreements' with Octal before he vacated the forums, and yet I found Josh incredibly helpful and showing patience with a 'newbie', as I was.
Robertfm

Postby D-ECHO » Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:01 am

Someone being accused does not mean he has done things wrong, as you correctly note.
D-ECHO

Postby Robertfm » Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:25 am

Res ipsa loquitur as we would say in the Police Service.
Robertfm

Postby Thorsten » Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:34 am

So, when asked to show any actual example of you being insulted by me, the best thing you can come up with is that someone else has said that I 'treat people badly'? And that 'someone else' could also not come up with an actual example like a quote of where I use verbal abuse? That kind of rumor-mongering is really all you can find?

Apart from being pretty much what I expected, that's... rather amusing, I'm sorry to say.

So, just hypothetically, if someone else starts a hate website against you and claims without evidence that you'd be a really dumb person (again, I'm not thinking that and not saying that - just hypothetically) - you would have us conclude that 'Res ipsa loquitur' and so you'd rightfully be a dumb person in our eyes?

I find that pretty mind-boggling...

(Oh, the person you're quoting (Bomber) isn't exactly a paragon of virtue - he's managed to be banned from the forum for threatening violence after repeatedly using explicit and abusive language - not exactly someone I would call a reliable source for who is insulting whom...)

But back on topic - you still haven't answered why - even if I were the most bad mannered person you could think of - it would make it okay for you to bad-mouth the work of someone else like you did. :D It seems to me you're still trying very hard to dance around the issue.
Thorsten

Postby Robertfm » Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:38 am

Shame this forum doesn't have a 'blocking' facility. I keep requesting you don't respond and you keep it up. Have I ever mentioned you in the last 3 months or so when you haven't responded. to threads.
Robertfm

Postby Thorsten » Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:44 am

And...

you still haven't answered why - even if I were the most bad mannered person you could think of - it would make it okay for you to bad-mouth the work of someone else like you did. :D It seems to me you're still trying very hard to dance around the issue.

I keep requesting you don't respond and you keep it up.

And I keep suggesting you behave in a way that shows respect to the people who create what you so enjoy using for free - and look at you, using phrases like 'bloody awful'. Why on earth should I not point out that there's something seriously wrong with your attitude just because you don't like it?
Thorsten

Postby Robertfm » Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:15 pm

You seriously have a problem, you really can't take any form of criticism, historical threads long before I even started to use FG show that clearly. So please desist from responding.

Oh as for my comment you have highlighted several times, it wasn't a criticism of the Dev, merely my view of the effect it has on the plane. Witty also expressed the same view. But I don't see you challenging them.
Robertfm

Postby Maerchenprinz » Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:53 pm

As Robertfm hasn't allowed me to PM him anymore, and this is another polluted thread anyway:

Dear Robertfm, I've written to you how I have perceived your overall appearance here in this forum (yes, that's Res ipsa loquitur, too!), and I'm not proud of this line of evidence...
Anyway, I'm not willing to re-write what I have already written to tell you what makes your behaviour here to me often annoying and even offensive; If you still have stamina, please state, quote or argue (correct punctuation not required though welcome :P ) here or by PM in a responsive manner.
It seems as if you feel like driven into a corner, and thereby your points become more and more inattentive - Sit back, relax, there's no personal attack.

Ciao,

Adrian
Maerchenprinz

Callsign: Adrian

Postby wkitty42 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:11 pm

Robertfm wrote in Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:54 am:Multiple incidence of him being 'accused' would tend to suggest he does insult people.

sorry, no... that indicates multiple instances of folks misreading/misunderstanding what he writes... i have seen a lot of the same in another forum with another german heritage user that writes in much the same way... i also see it on several discords with numerous german heritage folks... all kinds of accusations but no meat to them... it is a language thing, plain and simple...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby wkitty42 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:14 pm

Robertfm wrote in Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:38 am:Shame this forum doesn't have a 'blocking' facility.

obviously you haven't looked at the "User Control Panel" linked on the bottom of the graphic at the top of these pages ;)

Robertfm wrote in Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:38 am:I keep requesting you don't respond and you keep it up.

it is an open forum where anyone can respond to any post... if we were in the BBS world, the response would be "use your next key" to move to the next message...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby Robertfm » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:43 pm

Thank you for directing me to the User Control Panel.
Robertfm

Postby Hooray » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:45 pm

it should take less time to disable the feature in question, than argue here, right ?

by the way, I don't have the slightest clue how this works technically, and I am pretty impressed by the feature actually, I suppose it must have been quite a bit of work to be honest.
Please don't send support requests by PM, instead post your questions on the forum so that all users can contribute and benefit
Thanks & all the best,
Hooray
Help write next month's newsletter !
pui2canvas | MapStructure | Canvas Development | Programming resources
Hooray

Postby Thorsten » Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:30 pm

@Robertfm - we don't know whether I can take criticism or not because you're not offering any - you're offering rumors you obtained from very questionable sources outside this forum (I'm sure police-work involves some knowledge on the difference of evidence and rumor). There is no single actual example you could come up where I allegedly insulted you.

So that is not criticism, plain and simple.

As for who has a problem - so far four people have told you their opinion - it would seem you are a minority with your views here, and while I've produced an exact quote that I find over the line, you make unproven allegations. So all evidence would point to you having the problem. :D

Btw. - you still haven't answered the question:

even if I were the most bad mannered person you could think of - it would make it okay for you to bad-mouth the work of someone else like you did. :D It seems to me you're still trying very hard to dance around the issue.

It is very telling that you find it so hard to address this - and I leave it to the interested readers of this thread to decide who can't take criticism :D
Thorsten

Postby Robertfm » Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:53 pm

Are you perhaps hinting a certain person did it.
Robertfm

Postby Knüppelrührer » Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:54 pm

Robert,
this thread has been split off from another one, because the initial one already derailed with two different topics mixed up. Doesn't this give you something to think about?

At the moment apparently nobody is taking care of the 3D-model of the aircraft. If I remember it correctly, someone has modelled it for Josh originally.
There are a lot of things to do, starting with giving the center post a better shape and of course texture.
What about jumping in and spending a few afternoons on that? Apparently it is not very hard to do. It is just work and I am sure, that there a number of guys willing to help you getting started.

This would be a good chance to improve the aircraft- And would massively improve your standing here.
Knüppelrührer

Version: 2019.1.1

PreviousNext

Return to Graphics